Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-23-19, 08:23 AM  
Lannette

Favorite Barlates UB Workout?

Please share your favorite Barlates UB workouts with me.
I actually ordered 2 three box DVD sets and everything everyone says about great Linda’s customer service is so true! I bought Mix & Match and Barre Basics, Intermediate and Advanced.

I want to also try a couple downloads, specifically UB in the time range of 20-30 minutes. I’m looking for light weight/higher reps or no weight more so than body weight UB but feel free to attempt to sway me.

I also don’t care if they’re available free on YouTube because I dislike working out with YouTube.

I hope it’s ok to start a new thread. I didn’t see a thread devoted to Linda’s UB WOs.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 12:17 PM  
Verine
VF Supporter

I really like Garden Series Upper Body, which alternates arm work (very light weights, high reps) with push-up variations. It's 20 minutes. I also like Weighted Barre Upper, but this would only work your arms (and legs), as you are standing the whole time (I can't remember if she does standing back, but I don't think so). You need two dumbbells, one lighter and one slightly heavier. Each grouping of exercises is done with the lighter weight first and then heavier one.

Christina
Verine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 12:32 PM  
Lannette

Thank you Christina! I’ll check both of those. Unbelievably neither is on my list of possibilities.

I wanted to mention that I’m looking for shorter WOs to use as add-ons. I’m also thinking that I might have better success downloading shorter WOs since they are Hi Def.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 09-23-19, 02:20 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Hi Lannette,

There are several of Linda's DVD's that have Mix and Match in the title . . . did you buy the one titled "Barlates Body Blitz Barre Mix and Match Series 3 DVD Set - 12 Workouts" ? It has one DVD for Upper, one for Lower and one for Abs. It's a great set, and the upper has four workouts with a lot of variety. My favorite is the 80/10. I use both the upper and lower frequently as add-ons, and one of my favorite combinations is the Upper 80/10 and Lower 80/10 together (about 56 minutes total for those two). I also like the workouts that Christina mentioned very much. I hope that you enjoy your new workouts!
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 02:40 PM  
Lannette

Donatella, I believe that is the DVD I ordered. I liked what I saw of the workouts, UB as well as the others.

It’s good to know that I made a good choice. There are so many and they all look good!

I want to download software on our MacBook Pro so I can burn chaptered DVDs from my downloads. I have a feeling I’m developing a new hobby/obsession.

Old 09-23-19, 08:02 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

My favorite Linda upper body workout is from the Mix and Match set too, I believe it's the Arms 40/20 with a mix of bodyweight (pushups/tricep dips) and barre like micro movements. It is only 19 minutes long but it is intense!

I also really like Barlates Beginner upper body (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbnC6jxseZI&t=5s) because I modify it up and wear my little 1# ankle weights around my wrists, and try to do the plank work on my toes instead of my knees, and that makes this a killer workout.

Christina I've eyed that garden workout, so now I know I need to try it!
Old 09-24-19, 06:11 PM  
Lannette

Thank you all so much. I purchased some downloads and was able to download them to my laptop and a flash drive and I’ve already burned a few to DVD. They’re really clear and look great. Now I need to get busy and start doing them!

I have a media player coming tomorrow and hopefully I’ll be able to plug in my flash drive and play files from it.

Ladies, do you like the entire series for the UB WOs you suggested? Yes, I’m thinking about placing another order before the sale ends.

Old 09-24-19, 06:19 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Hi Lannette,
I like the entire series of the workouts mentioned, though I do have favorites. One of the nice things about is that they are short to use when you don't have much time, and also short enough to mix and match with other workouts to provide a lot of variety. I often combine them with a 30 minute Dream Body, or with Essentrics.
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-19, 06:37 AM  
MARIKA

I did the Upper Garden series this morning w/ 3# weights and holy flash back to the days of Body Electric back in the 80's
Old 09-27-19, 06:56 AM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I did the Upper Garden series this morning w/ 3# weights and holy flash back to the days of Body Electric back in the 80's
Marika, was this a good or a bad flashback? I’m not sure from your post.

I still haven’t placed a second order for downloads but plan to today.

I got all the electronics I ordered, set up and tested it. I’m thrilled to be able to play my downloads from flash drives. I need to get the rest of Leah Sarago’s second Periodization downloads onto a flash drive. I’m supposed to be able to play from my external hard drive, which is small but I haven’t checked it out yet.

Tags
barlates, barlates upper body, linda wooldridge