Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-21-19, 07:32 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've been getting my steps in today and plan to do Firm Hard Core Fusion tonight.

Sissy, I hope the movie is good! I can't wait until it hits netflix.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-19, 11:55 AM  
Sissy B

Downton Abbey is wonderful. DH and I both really enjoyed it and had a great time.

He left for the airport a little while ago, he's traveling for work this week so it will just be me and the dogs here.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 07:56 AM  
dbclark44

Thursday 9/19 - TM 32 min/1.5 miles; Cathe XTrain 100 rep triceps challenge; Cathe XTrain 15 min Bonus Barre Leg workout
Friday 9/20 - TM 32 min/1.5 miles; Slim & Limber
Saturday 9/21 - Cathe Live Upper Body Ball-Tastic Workout
Sunday 9/22 - TM 32 min/1.5 miles; Cathe 10 min stability ball abs workout

I realized the other day how much I'm not taking advantage of my OnDemand membership which includes Cathe's recorded live database of which she has a lot - 266 total. She started recording these back May 2014. It's a very impressive database. Unfortunately they don't provide for chromecasting so I have to watch them on my tablet. Now her loaded dvd workouts allow me to cast so I can watch those on my exercise tv. It's a small inconvenience though having to watch it on my tablet. I get a lot of bang for my $20 bucks a month with her. Will probably never purchase another one of her series again but will just wait for it to pop up OnDemand.

I apologize for not checking in often. I'm not counting steps but do try and get in 1-2 miles a day if nothing else.

Sissy, I'm a little confused about the Downtown Abby movie. Isn't it a series on TV? What's the deal with the movie?

Hi Chrys. Hope you have less stressful work weeks soon.

My knees are chronic. Some days they don't bother me at all and other days they ache like a mother. I'm trying to find the right self treatment to apply for pain relief. My girlfriend told me to try hemp rub. She said she gets it off Amazon, so I may try it.

Bowling today, so I need to go get ready. Have a great Monday ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-19, 10:10 AM  
Sissy B

Deb - Downton Abbey was a British TV show that was originally shown on PBS here in the US. The show ended a few years ago after 6 seasons, but remained popular so they made a movie continuing the story. Depending on how well the movie does, they are open to making another one in the future.

My neck/shoulder problems are chronic. Sometimes I am fine and it doesn't bother me at all, but when it flares up it's awful.
Old 09-23-19, 02:33 PM  
dbclark44

Today - TM 35 min/1.55 miles

I went by the Y after bowling today and got my walk on. My knees are killing me today. Something about bowling makes them hurt worse. Now I'm home and able to relax for a while before cooking dinner. I picked up a pork tenderloin for dinner. I'll fix some scalloped potatoes and veggie side dishes to go with it. I also picked up some stew beef to make beef stew in the crock pot tomorrow. I would have made it today for dinner but knew I wasn't going to get it started in time so will put that in tomorrow instead.

Sissy, thanks for the explanation.

Beautiful day here today. Sunny and in the 80s. Feels great out for a change.

Old 09-23-19, 09:34 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I did a 2 mile treadmill walk and 30 Minutes to Fitness Circuit Burn workout 2 tonight, then went back to school for NHS induction. I went to see my NP today, and she is going to up my hormones. She thinks my UTI symptoms are from a hormone issue. Ugh, woman problems.
Deb, I'm glad you can still do your walking and bowling even when your knees hurt.
Sissy, I need to finish watching the series so I can see the Downton Abbey movie.

Chrys Dayley
Old 09-23-19, 09:57 PM  
Sissy B

I have been wearing my Fitbit, but not really making an effort to get my steps in. Out of curiosity, I checked to see what my average steps/mileage has been since I started wearing it again this summer.

July 2019 - 137,419 steps/58.15 miles
Average for the month - 4432 steps/1.88 miles per day

August 2019 - 164,865 steps/69.77 miles
Average for the month - 5318 steps/2.25 miles per day
Old 09-24-19, 09:38 PM  
cdayley

Tonight I did a one mile treadmill walk and CIA Step It Strong cardio only. I love Keli Roberts!
Sissy, I've never looked at my monthly averages. I should check them out.
Old 09-25-19, 01:01 PM  
dbclark44

Tuesday 9/24 - Park walk 1 hour/3 miles; Cathe Gym Style Back Biceps Shoulders
Today 9/25 - Park walk 57 min/3 miles; Slim & Limber

Can't believe I shaved 3 minutes off my walk today from yesterday. My rt knee started bothering me in the first mile, but I pushed through and the pain went away. Sometimes I can make it do that. It all depends how fast/slow I'm moving. I wanted to move today so pushed myself. DH was with me and he hung in there with the pace I set. I'm proud of him. I like to keep stats because it's interesting to me from day to day the difference in time on my miles. It's also interesting that I just can't seem to push myself on the tm these days without pain. A 2.8 pace (22 min mile) is the best I can do on the tm. Whereas out in the park I'm doing 3.0 - 3.1.

I came right home and stretched to Slim & Limber. Doubt I'll do anything else today.

Yesterday I did Cathe's Gym Style. I forgot how slow she moves in this one. This is like a second place to her Slow & Heavy which I got rid of because I just don't care to train that way. Now that I have her OnDemand I have access to the Slow & Heavy if I ever wanted to try it again, but do believe I'll still use lighter weights. She says you can go heavier when the moves are slowed. It's just the opposite for me. Slower moves force me to work with lighter weights. So I used lighter weights yesterday when I did the workout. Everyone is different I suppose. Good workout though. I'll do the other part tomorrow as this is a split series.

I plan to purchase the Inspire soon. Have to watch my finances, so it may not be until next month or even November.

Have a great Wednesday ladies.

Old 09-25-19, 07:32 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

This morning's workout--Jessica Smith 6 Mile Mix-warmup, total body and stretch. (resistance bands). We walked on the beach yesterday and today. We also took a plantation tour presented from the viewpoint of slaves and reconstruction---very interesting! The owner's grandson lived to age 104 and died in 1990. He left the property to be preserved.

https://www.ccprc.com/1447/McLeod-Pl...-Historic-Site

Sorry I haven't been more active lately. I'll just jump back in. I doubt I hit 10,000 steps any day this week.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers