Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-18, 07:31 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I’ve had Class of 2012 for a few years, but have never done it because of the length. I had no idea it was chaptered and that I could easily shorten it! Thanks!
I know! I've had it for a while and have always done it in its entirety, until someone (JackieB?) posted here couple of years ago that it was chaptered. I've never noticed it until then.
Old 05-21-18, 09:56 AM  
Exercise Diva

I asked this earlier and would love to hear thoughts on this. Thanks.

Do you think you can double up on the Body Sculpting 2 workouts? There seems to be some overlap with some the workouts and I didn't want to overdo. So far I am really loving these - I definitely workup a good sweat with these.

Thanks.
Joan
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-18, 10:07 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post

Do you think you can double up on the Body Sculpting 2 workouts? There seems to be some overlap with some the workouts and I didn't want to overdo. So far I am really loving these - I definitely workup a good sweat with these.

Thanks.
Joan
If you feel you need more, try it and see how you feel. I wouldn't think you would do it every day.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-18, 10:39 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:

Thanks.
Joan
I don't know that I would. There are plies and arm work in all three of those workouts. Gail's workout in particular loads up the legs. I think it would be overkill.

If you want to tack on another Essentrics workout, I'd try to balance it out with something like Ultimate Stretch Muscle Release, or another stretchier CS episode.

I rotated through those three workouts a couple weeks ago. I did one each day, and added on 7 minutes of Magic, and a walk outside.

I know that CS/Ess tends to be thought of as recovery or "easy" but those toning workouts are no joke. They are challenging.

ETA I see you're in Boston. There are a couple awesome Level 4 Essentrics instructors in your area. You should check out a live class!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-18, 02:58 PM  
Exercise Diva

[QUOTE=JackieB;2774738]I don't know that I would. There are plies and arm work in all three of those workouts. Gail's workout in particular loads up the legs. I think it would be overkill.

Thanks Jackie - I was worried that it might be too much too because there does seem to be a lot of overlap. That's a good suggestion to follow with a stretchier workout. I definitely want to take a live class at some point and I'm glad to see that there are some Boston instructors. I live north of the city and my work schedule can be a little nutty, but that might be a nice thing to do when my daughter comes out to visit in July.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-18, 07:40 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Quote:

Thanks.
Joan
I think it would be better to do an hour long workout than double up. The hour long workouts would be less redundant and better balanced.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-18, 11:49 AM  
anetta

I have been doing these on the streaming service. I really like these and the stretching workouts by these three.

They are great instructors, as is Miranda and Sarah.

Would love to meet them someday and workout with them

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 11:35 AM  
killoffsonny

I finally got around to doing the new BSS2. Only the first workout that was concentrating on the inner thighs. As I was doing the workout I was wondering how it was working the inner thighs because I didn't feel it. But I felt it this morning. Inner things are a bit sore and thats a good thing.

While I have everyones attention could you point me to the best dvd or workout that concentrates on upper body/arms?
Old 06-05-18, 03:12 PM  
Shortstuff
VF Supporter

Thumbs up I am loving these workouts!

I am the lucky person who traded with Denise and received her extra copy of this dvd and I am absolutely loving these workouts! I tried Essentrics years ago and it just didn't click with me -- this set is incredible! Loving how I feel after I complete one and how sore I feel the day after! Thank you Denise!!!
Shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 07:44 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
While I have everyones attention could you point me to the best dvd or workout that concentrates on upper body/arms?
BSS1 has an upper body/posture workout on it. There are several episodes in the various seasons that have an upper body focus.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, miranda esmonde-white, sahra esmonde-white, season 11