Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-17, 09:03 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Amazon is now showing a "second edition". See: https://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Micha...ct_top?ie=UTF8. Are these all new workouts? The Amazon page says "Back by popular demand! For the second edition of 10-Minute Body Transformation Jillian has created five fun yet insanely effective 10-minute workouts in exciting new modalities:"
That's very interesting, it looks like a totally different workout based on the description. I've only done the pilates chapter on the original DVD, and I like it but is about 50/50 legs and core, not exclusively core like the description indicated. It is challenging though.

Quote:
HIIT/PLYO: 10 minutes of high-intensity interval training
HARD CORE: Designed to blast your midsection and give you chiseled abs
ANIMAL STYLE: Total body workout based on animal-style movements
LIFT: Upper and lower body chiseler using weights
YOGA - STRETCH & STRENGTHEN: Yoga-inspired workout to both tone and stretch the body
Old 01-16-17, 10:04 AM  
Ann1964

I got my copy at Wally World last week, but not done yet
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 10:30 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

they have edition 1 at Sam's club - this is what the cover looks like:
https://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Micha...transformation

... yah, why they didn't make Edition 1 programmable.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 12:23 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
... yah, why they didn't make Edition 1 programmable.
True that! In this day and age that seems totally unacceptable! I hope they added that feature for the second installment.
Old 01-16-17, 01:24 PM  
MJ525

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Wow, this one looks great! I just hope she doesn't do the goofy only working one side thing on the kickboxing chapter like I guess she did on her kickboxing DVD (which I read about but don't have). The bodyweight chapter looks tough and I bet her pilates will be, ah, vigorous I'm definitely getting this one.
Can anyone shed light on the fact if the kickboxing segment is one sided?
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 01:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
Are these all new workouts? The Amazon page says "Back by popular demand! For the second edition of 10-Minute Body Transformation Jillian has created five fun yet insanely effective 10-minute workouts in exciting new modalities:"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
That's very interesting, it looks like a totally different workout based on the description. I've only done the pilates chapter on the original DVD, and I like it but is about 50/50 legs and core, not exclusively core like the description indicated. It is challenging though.
Edition 1:
Warm up (3)
CALISTHENICS (12): Total body conditioning work utilizing killer bodyweight-only exercises.
KICKBOX BLAST (11): Knock out both fat and stress with boxing and MMA-inspired combos to incinerate body fat.
BOOTY BOOT CAMP (12): A booty-sculpting power workout that will lift, shape and tone your backside.
PILATES POWER (12): Create strong and lean muscles with this core-defining Pilates workout that will shred your abs.
CARDIO BURN (11): The name says it all. This killer cardio workout scorches calories while building endurance and cardiovascular conditioning.
Cool Down (4)

Edition 2:
Quote:
HIIT/PLYO: 10 minutes of high-intensity interval training
HARD CORE: Designed to blast your midsection and give you chiseled abs
ANIMAL STYLE: Total body workout based on animal-style movements
LIFT: Upper and lower body chiseler using weights
YOGA - STRETCH & STRENGTHEN: Yoga-inspired workout to both tone and stretch the body

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-17, 03:41 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ525 View Post
Can anyone shed light on the fact if the kickboxing segment is one sided?
According to 2lazy:
"This kickbox workout is done the same way as Jillian’s Kickbox FastFix–meaning she never changes leads to work both sides of your body evenly. However, the beauty of this one is once you go through all of the kickbox combos once, you repeat them all. So just change leads."

Well that's annoying. And so is the fact that it's not programmable, but I suppose I can deal with it
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 minute transformation, jillian michaels