Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-16, 04:46 PM  
lorajc

Yoga Warrior Dvd's - sets?

Hi - I have the original one with Travis and then the one with Rudy. I've never used them. I modify....however, mainly for workouts, I've been doing Kundalini Yoga with Ravi/ana on pretty much a daily basis and the only other thing my body is accepting at this time (not sure if this is going to be it for me or if I'll ever be able to increase again -- or if I just need to accept this verging on age 60 with all of my past injuries)......is very light weights like Jessica Smith workouts and Tracy Anderson, Fe Fit, etc.

Anyway, I need more variety so I want to start adding some regular yoga (since I have such a large collection).

I saw these 2 sets and have never used them. How advanced are they? Can they be modified? I know sometimes in regular yoga, I just skip over some of the sun sal's if they do way too many for me to handle.....and I know how to modify other poses....as I've done other yoga...but I just wanted to know from peeps that have done them.

thanks
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-16, 08:23 PM  
bubbles76

I have not done them but from just reading about them I think Travis's would be pretty difficult. Length and poses. I think there is one that is all sun salutations? I think the DDP Yoga set would probably be more accessible. Again, I'm only going by what I've read. I hope some others chime in.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 06:52 AM  
Cher

I've started a rotation with both but never made it past a week. Travis' set gets pretty hard. I think Rudy's is possibly a bit easier.....less cardio effect but you do hold the poses longer. Rudy is very encouraging about modifying. Hopefully others with more insight into them will chime in.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 07:13 AM  
sherry7899

If you are able to buy a dvd, maybe start with Travis' "Yoga Foundations." It is definitely more doable than his set.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 07:38 AM  
bex

I'm probably a high-intermediate exerciser, but a beginner at yoga. I've just started on Yoga Warrior 365 (with Rudy) and I find it quite do-able. There are sun salutations, yes, but he's always suggesting that you can modify as you need - skip the vinyasa, go direct to downward dog, whatever's right for you.

I also have Travis' Ultimate Yogi and it looks significantly harder. I'm not going to try that one until I'm totally comfortable with Yoga Warrior 365.

I'm not doing any kind of rotation, I mix in the YW 365 workouts around once a week, with kettlebells, weights or cardio as my 'main workouts', plus some other short yoga practices. So far I've done The Gathering (Workout 0), Versatile Warrior (Workout 1) and Gentle Warrior (Workout 5). I've enjoyed them all and I'm looking forward to trying out the others.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-16, 11:38 AM  
samantha-kitty

As you already have them...

As you already have them, you could try (though you should preview them first):

from Ultimate Yogi (definitely the more strenous of the 2 sets, though there are a few that are equally tough in YW365):
Mountain Pose Series - 20 minutes of standing up straight and moving your arms around - sounds like nothing, feels WONDERFUL - I do this one regularly when it is very late and I need to do something or feel exhausted or otherwise crappy and know moving will make me feel better
Gentle Yoga - feels easier/better to me than Rudi's

from Yoga Warrior 365
The Gathering - warning do not attempt if Rudi's chatter annoys you, I couldn't even survive previewing
Gentle Yoga - though I prefer Travis' version, definitely easier than some of the others in this set
Bonus disk - has 2 short gentler practices, can't recall names/disks not handy, one is Rudi practicing by himself, the other one (filmed outdoors) is more strenuous but all standing
samantha-kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-16, 05:24 PM  
lorajc

Thanks...I would de modify.....so I'll have to try.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 08:53 AM  
Exercise Diva

I have both sets and agree that Yoga Warrior is easier than Ultimate Yoga. It's my go to when I don't want a super strenuous practice.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-16, 04:42 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I have both sets. I love both sets. Rudy's YW365 is easier than UY although Travis' Gentle and Yin Yoga practices are divine!

I adore Rudy. I love his sense of humor, I don't mind his chatter at all, and he's all for modifying if you need to. His Mountain Warrior practice is lovely!

Just preview a few and try them. I think you may be pleased.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rudy mettia, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga warrior 365