Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-30-16, 10:58 AM  
horusosiris

Today I did Light Weight Lean Out and absolutely loved it. This was a very effective metabolic total body workout. I particular enjoyed all (yes all) of the exercises and the sequencing of the exercises. I started with 5lbs dumbbells (as he suggested for women) but that was too light so I went to 8 and 10lb Dumbbells. In my opinion MetaShred is a very carefully thought out series. Kudos to BJ and Men's Health.

I also did Zuzka- Lifted Butt #6. The buy in to the workout was 100 kettlebell swings and the buy out as 50 side to side squats. Lifted Butt is also an excellent series. I am doing Zuzka's Lifted Butt series along with MetaShred and that is a great combo. Next I did Zuzka Cardio Shred #28.

BJ please start working on MetaShred 2
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 02:03 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Today I did Light Weight Lean Out and absolutely loved it. This was a very effective metabolic total body workout. I particular enjoyed all (yes all) of the exercises and the sequencing of the exercises. I started with 5lbs dumbbells (as he suggested for women) but that was too light so I went to 8 and 10lb Dumbbells. In my opinion MetaShred is a very carefully thought out series. Kudos to BJ and Men's Health.

BJ please start working on MetaShred 2
Wow, I'm humbled! I started with 8s and dropped down. But I gotta say, with this one, for me, it was more the movements and the speed rather than weight. Didn't you just love how it flowed? I agree ~~~ it's well thought out and you start out thinking that it's kinda easy and before you can finish the thought.....BAM...I'm just so happy with this set.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 05:25 PM  
keilan00

I did #5 Thermogenic Tempo Training today. OMG! This workout should be retitled as Burn Baby Burn! My legs were shaking so much at the end. The slower you go, the harder the exercises become. When the workout first starts, it doesn't feel like much. The workout kicks into high gear at the midpoint and onwards. The first half exhausts your muscles so by the end of the workout, you are using sheer willpower to perform the slow controlled movements. Your muscles are saying no, no, no but you have to dig in deep to drown that out. Hide your remote control. Do not hit pause. Keep on going. Focus and visualize your muscles when doing the exercises and they will tremble.

After the workout, my legs feel so weird now. They're like feathers when I walk. It feels like I'm gliding on a horizontal escalator/moving walkway.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 06:49 PM  
lesia

I - can't- wait for my MetaShred to arrive!

On another note, did you know his wife is a romance author? Her pen name is Nina G. Jones. The book Debt has BJ Gaddour as the cover model. HOT!

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 08:46 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Hello! I did Cathe ICE low impact #1 yesterday and a 30 minute yoga(twist focused routine). Today I did #4 Lightweight Lean out. I did go lighter since I've had some upper body issues lately. It was great! Loved all the exercises. This one just flew by.

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 03:45 PM  
horusosiris

Lesia- that is interesting about BJ's wife.

Keliano- yes that workout is a burner. My quads were quivering near the end with those squats holds and split squat holds.

1. MetaShred- Thermogenic Tempo Training- Another winner. Now it is 5 for 5 of the 5 workouts I have done that are winners! This workout comprised all exercises that were done for five cycles but with different eccentric and concentric tempo patterns.

BJ made me laugh when one of the background exercisers asked him to put out the fire in her legs and he responded, "Do I look like a fireman? I am not a fireman!

I also did Zuzka - Lifted Butt #3- another winner
Old 01-31-16, 04:51 PM  
keilan00

DOMS summary continued:
Workout #3: none
Workout #4: some soreness in biceps and triceps
Workout #5: soreness in butt and thighs activated again

I'm so glad we have people of different fitness levels in this check-in! It's nice hearing that advanced people are being challenged by these workouts as well. Now I don't feel so bad.

horusosiris: I lost it when he said, "We're almost done. If you have 2 legs, you have 2 more exercises left. If you have 3 legs, you have 3 exercises."
Ummm.....What?????

Welcome lesia and macska!

UPDATE: I'm closing down this thread. Please post in the new February check-in. Thanks!

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...68#post2607068
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-16, 06:44 AM  
jazzy75

I'm considering this set for after I finish Hammer & Chisel as I am missing the cardio. Thought I'd jump in and ask you gals with the set - how does BJ suggest it be used? I'm reading that you do 3 days of MetaShred each week.... does he suggest that is all you do each week? (not that us vidiots could hold to that!! ) Or mix in more cardio? strength? yoga? all three?
Do you consider these more cardio or strength based? Or a perfect mix?

thanks!
Old 02-17-16, 09:20 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
I'm considering this set for after I finish Hammer & Chisel as I am missing the cardio. Thought I'd jump in and ask you gals with the set - how does BJ suggest it be used? I'm reading that you do 3 days of MetaShred each week.... does he suggest that is all you do each week? (not that us vidiots could hold to that!! ) Or mix in more cardio? strength? yoga? all three?
Do you consider these more cardio or strength based? Or a perfect mix?

thanks!
I think that MetaShred is a nice mix of cardio and strength. I utilize the MetaShred workouts as metabolic workouts in my rotation. The suggested rotation is 3x per week. There is no added info about additional workouts. Many of us do additional workouts though.
Old 02-17-16, 02:22 PM  
lesia

I'm rotating MetaShred 3x a week with SpeedShred 2x a week. I'm also walking/trail hiking with my daughter several times a week.

I bow down to those who can do more working out after Meta because they wipe me out, but in a good way! I've worked out for 25 years and done just about every program and just about every Cathe out there. I've read posts where they are not intense enough. Kudos to those because I'm sucking wind.

We are all at different stages of our fitness goals and I think it's great that there are so many workouts to choose from.

Today I'm doing Pure Power from SpeedShred. I'm enjoying and having a ball with these two systems.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bj gaddour, metashred