Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-15, 03:38 PM  
lesia

Tell me about R. Cosgroves Drop 2 Sizes...

Yes, I'm in the midst of loving Men's Health Spartacus & MH60 Day Transformation, and I know that Rachel Cosgrove helped design it. Not that I need another dvd series, but can someone tell me about her Drop 2 Sizes DVD Series?

I read a review in the video review section but wanted to know more.

Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 03:46 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I reviewed it on my blog here. If you have any specific questions, fire away!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 04:12 PM  
lesia

One more question...
Are the metabolic cardios the same in all 3 phases?

TIA,
Lesia
Old 04-05-15, 04:31 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

While I'm a huge fan of almost all the Men's Health/Women's Health workouts, I didn't like this set. I hated the RAMP warm ups and didn't like the structure of the strength workouts. I got through 2 weeks and then traded them away.

This set is nothing like MH60 or Spartacus which I know you enjoy immensely. I'd be concerned you might be disappointed.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 04:40 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I didn't like this set. I kept it a couple of weeks and returned it for a refund - I can't remember doing that with anything else. I found it boring, which is really saying something. I think I most disliked the extended warmups; it seemed like we spent all our time there and not enough time in the actual workout.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 04:54 PM  
lesia

Thanks! I saw some clips after all of the posts and tend to agree with you. I love the setup of Spartacus/MH60 (David Jack) and was just curious because I know she developed the system.

I really wasn't swayed after seeing the clips because I tend to do better with male instructors.

Lesia
Old 04-06-15, 08:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesia View Post
One more question...
Are the metabolic cardios the same in all 3 phases?
No. If you read my review, you would note that there are two different cardio workouts for each phase; just like the strength routines, each phase has its own unique workouts.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 08:17 AM  
dela

I looked my best after doing a 3 month rotation. It starts out feeling really slow, but I'm glad I gave it a chance and continued. Once I got used to the more deliberate pace, I was able to focus on truly using the right, and generally heavier weights. I liked the DVDs, but bought the book too, these workouts were so easy to do while on vacation so I didn't even need to skip a beat. Sometimes I preferred to just follow the written workout.

I seemed all over firmer and smaller overall. I had started doing Neghar Fonooni's program with a somewhat similar set up, and started to see similar results after month, but a problem with my shoulder has side lined me from workout like this as they both seem to rely a lot on over head moves that I just can't figure out how to substitute.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 08:55 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I didn't care for the warm-ups either. I soon started doing my own warm-ups If you also do the foam rolling, it really is a long time before you get to the actual workout. That can be a problem on a busy morning.

However, I do think the workouts are well designed. There's a bit more emphasis on balance than I'd like. You do balance moves while lifting weights, so you have to lighten up (or at least I did).

The dvds are not chaptered during the weight lifting portion, and that can be a problem.

I like the fact that it only took four days a week to do. Having three free days was great.
Old 12-07-16, 04:59 PM  
JENILU

***old thread alert***

Sorry to bring up an old thread. Does this set include a lot of bodyweight work? After finally getting rid of it last year, and never doing it, i am interested again, as usual.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d2s, drop 2 sizes, rachel cosgrove