Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-10-14, 08:02 PM  
txkimmers
VF Supporter

Love to step here too, glad to see I am not the only one! There's a small fitness center where I work and I have been stepping there to videos a couple of times a week for years. No one ever wants to join me

My mainstays are Gin Miller (esp. Simply Intervals), Kelly Coffey-Meyer and of course Cathe. I have another one coming in the mail right now in fact, can't wait to try it out.

Imma check out Gymbox asap!
txkimmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 08:41 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm a step klutz, but lately have been doing some basic step work at my own pace. It's a good workout, but I do have to be careful about pace.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-14, 11:52 PM  
Fitstick

I love step too. lately i've been doing some vintage Cathe step workouts and love her new ones. i just bought a Patrick step dvd during his sale although i've never been able to master his step workouts. i also love the new Zumba step. I'm hoping it will make a comeback!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 12:13 PM  
TinierTina

Semi-OT: Any Step Aerobics Burnouts who Now do BOSU Aerobics?

I'd done hours of step back in the day, so many many hours per week over a number of years (floorwork had also been done, but not heavily) I'd killed my feet.

... I'd wanted to teach Seniors Step ...

With plantar fasciitis and heel spur on both feet for over 17 years, I am interested in the BOSU answer to (lower to lowest-impact) Step, and curious about any others.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 12:18 PM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I love step too. lately i've been doing some vintage Cathe step workouts and love her new ones.
I just did Step Heat last night. I could only make it through the first combo before losing steam (I started at 9:30 last night so I was tired). Forgot how much fun it was though!
Old 12-11-14, 02:43 PM  
buffmama

Still steppin' over here. Some old Cathe's with good music and happy Cathe make me happy.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 03:03 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Still steppin' over here. Some old Cathe's with good music and happy Cathe make me happy.
Makes me happy to know you're happy

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 04:15 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

I still enjoy step as well. KCM, Cathe, Kari, Christy are my go-to's--no new stuff. Several of the FIRMS (BSS era) are step workouts that I <cough> enjoy.

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 06:12 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Has anyone tried Marc-Oliver Kluike or Caroline Mervielde (Evolution instructors)? The clips I've seen look good, and I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions? I have been keeping an eye out for used copies of these.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-14, 07:40 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I've been stepping since 1992! I gave it up for a few months this year when I gave up high impact, but I recently started back with some low impact ones. I just did Kathy Kaehler's Basic Step Class (or something similar) that I got at Mary's sale for $1.99 -- it is fantastic! It's a great 45 min, low impact, basic step workout that's different and fun. I am also thinking of getting all my old low impact step favorites from the '90s on DVD now that I just can't do high impact or choreography anymore. Kathy Smith, Gilad, Kari Anderson. I loved the Cher step workout, and the one Keli Roberts put out by herself after that one -- I think she was a in light blue outfit. I wish I had that one on DVD!

I too miss fun and happy Cathe, I just can't do the Hiit.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite step, keli roberts, step, step aerobics