Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-02-14, 11:10 AM  
desie

Favourite music streaming sites?

I have been listening to playlists from a streaming music site called http://8tracks.com/explore, and I find the tag system very helpful in locating the kind of music I want to listen to. They have descriptive tags called workout, fast beats, buti, crossfit, running, tribal fusion, classic bluegrass, etc., whatever you are hoping to listen to. There are some drawbacks. You can't take a sample all of the songs in a playlist, rather, you have to let the songs play through.

I was wondering if there are other streaming music sites that are really good. Spark or maybe it is Spotify just started allowing Canadians to use their streaming music site, but I haven't tried it yet. I was going to, but the terms of use agreement (the part where you say, "I agree") did not read like the standard stuff.

I tried Grooveshark, and while you CAN preview and sample all the songs in a playlist, good playlists are hard to find because the tagging system is not as good as 8tracks, and the sound quality was sub-par on the playback.

Do you have a streaming music site that really works for your workouts? Do you use a site to create your own playlists to share? Thanks,
desie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 11:32 AM  
horsemom2

Perhaps you can find a playlist you like or even a workout with a soundtrack you like on any video site and play the music while playing your workout muted.
For example, make your own playlist on youtube of songs you like. There are alot of Zumba workouts on youtube with good music and no cuing. You can make a playlist of these routines with the songs you want to hear.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music, playlist, playlists