Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-14, 01:36 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadooey View Post
I've just purchased glutecentric. I'm not crazy about her personality, but I will give it a whirl. Does anybody do the cardio on a trampoline?
Hello,
yes, I did the cardio on the trampoline and it worked fine for me. It does not get your heart rate up as high, but it definitely makes it way more doable for those who cannot do that much bouncing around for whatever reason.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 01:38 PM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I had a really hard time losing weight. I had done Firm Express, Body Revolution (up to middle of phase 2 i think), JNL Fusion (1.5 months) but didn't see much change until I started Tracy.
So far, I have lost about 35 pounds and 44 inches. I just completed 6 months of Tracy. I sometimes throw in T-Tapp (just cause I love it but it hurts my back), a wee bit of Tonique (I'm still not really strong enough or have the endurance to do a lot of Tonique but I'll sometimes do one of her Express workouts), but it's been pretty much Tracy for me.
What really helps is that I don't have to think about it or choose my workout. It's all laid out for me. That works for me.
These were my results in the midsection (I prob. won't keep this picture posted very long but it's here now):
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps6d495c90.png
Another thing to add - I can't really do much weights. As soon as I start to get DOMS, it takes my body too long to recover and I just feel spent. But I have Hashimoto's so I think that's why. I fatigue really easily, and need to be careful about that. With Tracy's workouts, I felt really challenged but my body felt invigorated rather than broken down. It's not for everyone, but if you want to try it, give it at least a couple of weeks to see if it fits with your needs. Have fun!
wow congrats on those amazing results!!!! Did you follow her diet too?

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 02:03 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Congratulations Suzie!! Fantastic results!!

macska, I would try TA's free clips to see if you even like her wos and personality. rosepetals started a thread with a link to all her free wos. I've been doing TA's Meta and Continuity for a long time but they are add-ons to other wos.
Old 01-17-14, 02:05 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
SuzieC - Amazing Results! I was getting really good results too just in the short time I did TA Meta Omni, but I developed such a huge dread factor. I've decided I cannot give TA up completely so am just incorporating her workouts a few days a week. Did you do her cardio? I didn't do it at all and still lost a good amount of inches.
I also sometimes develop a dread factor, but then I look at some of her youtube videos and do a couple of the shorter segments and fall in love all over again. Sometimes, I SWEAR I can't move on to the next level, but I see the level is 5 minutes shorter, and I think, I CAN SO DO THAT! Haha, I think she sometimes throws in 26-27 minute levels just for that reason.
I do her cardio everytime I do a MS workout. I usually do 20 minutes (either Teen meta or 20 minutes of the cardio on my current level). I sometimes do the 30 minutes of cardio, but if I do 30 minutes consistently, my body complains. It's too much for me. If I'm really strapped for time I just do 10 minutes from her book, but that doesn't happen more than about 1 time per month. Sometimes I'll substitute Tonique express cardio (13 minutes).
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 02:07 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaVeg View Post
wow congrats on those amazing results!!!! Did you follow her diet too?
I gave it a good try, but only last through lunch. It's just not enough food for me. I do like some of the recipes in her book but don't follow the diet "plan".
Doing TA really made me less hungry to be honest. I think there's a thread about that somewhere.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 02:26 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

If you're looking to increase your fitness levels, I think TA's best results are endurance and coordination for the core and hips/butt. If you're doing other challenging workouts, I don't think you'll find TA's upper body or leg (quad, calves, hamstring) work to be particularly challenging when you get used to doing it. But if you're advanced, I do think you can get benefits from the butt/hips/core work. It's somewhat reminiscent, for me, of TRX -- at least when I took a TRX class, it reminded me of TA, and I was able to keep up really well thanks to having done a lot of TA. TA's cardio is int-adv to adv (by collage video standards, IMO). It is more varied than other types of cardio routines, though, so I find that doing TA's cardio doesn't negatively affect my flexibility like other forms of cardio do (e.g. running).

As for aesthetic results: thinner arms, flatter stomach and a particular type of definition (lines on each side, one down the middle, and "v" at the bottom - but no 4 or 6 pack, if that makes sense). Butt will likely lift (if there's enough mass there to be lifted), but TA's exercises won't generally add mass to your butt (but see: certain, later Continuity sequences that also use ankle weights). You won't see a ton of quad or calve definition - though you will see definition in your calves if you do her high impact cardio.

BTW, Suzie, CONGRATS on your results. Those pics are amazing! You should feel so accomplished!
Old 01-17-14, 02:41 PM  
gladgirl

Suzie,
Congrats on your amazing results and thank you for sharing. Really makes me want to get TA.
But I would hate to give up KB's.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 02:51 PM  
Scbayless

I did TA to a T (minus the diet). An hr MS work and hr DC. I got good results for sure, and my mommy tummy went down so much. At some point though I think I regressed in my results. Then I got pregnant again. I did her stuff all through my pregnancy and that was AMAZING. It worked all my transverse in my abs BEAUTIFULLY, and I literally didn't look pregnant the day after having him. I just looked fat lol. But I mean really, the transverse were so buff that it held in my belly as soon as he wasn't in it any more. I was doing continuity and meta by the way while pregnant. Then I did her postpartum work outs (both of them) a week after. I felt pretty good, but just honestly felt a little burnt out of her after doing it for three years. Also I felt like for all the work, I was "teeny-tiny" but wasn't as buff looking as I wanted. I wanted some guns to show for my work lol. Anyways, she really really does work, but I'm not sure each system of continuity is as good as others.
Old 01-17-14, 05:07 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I had a really hard time losing weight. I had done Firm Express, Body Revolution (up to middle of phase 2 i think), JNL Fusion (1.5 months) but didn't see much change until I started Tracy.
So far, I have lost about 35 pounds and 44 inches. I just completed 6 months of Tracy. I sometimes throw in T-Tapp (just cause I love it but it hurts my back), a wee bit of Tonique (I'm still not really strong enough or have the endurance to do a lot of Tonique but I'll sometimes do one of her Express workouts), but it's been pretty much Tracy for me.
What really helps is that I don't have to think about it or choose my workout. It's all laid out for me. That works for me.
These were my results in the midsection (I prob. won't keep this picture posted very long but it's here now):
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...ps6d495c90.png
Another thing to add - I can't really do much weights. As soon as I start to get DOMS, it takes my body too long to recover and I just feel spent. But I have Hashimoto's so I think that's why. I fatigue really easily, and need to be careful about that. With Tracy's workouts, I felt really challenged but my body felt invigorated rather than broken down. It's not for everyone, but if you want to try it, give it at least a couple of weeks to see if it fits with your needs. Have fun!
SuzieC, congrats on your results!! Really impressive. It sounds like you never worked out more than 1 hour per day right? I really need something I can be consistent with long term. I feel like I can't handle too much intensity these days.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 05:09 PM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
I did TA to a T (minus the diet). An hr MS work and hr DC. I got good results for sure, and my mommy tummy went down so much. At some point though I think I regressed in my results. Then I got pregnant again. I did her stuff all through my pregnancy and that was AMAZING. It worked all my transverse in my abs BEAUTIFULLY, and I literally didn't look pregnant the day after having him. I just looked fat lol. But I mean really, the transverse were so buff that it held in my belly as soon as he wasn't in it any more. I was doing continuity and meta by the way while pregnant. Then I did her postpartum work outs (both of them) a week after. I felt pretty good, but just honestly felt a little burnt out of her after doing it for three years. Also I felt like for all the work, I was "teeny-tiny" but wasn't as buff looking as I wanted. I wanted some guns to show for my work lol. Anyways, she really really does work, but I'm not sure each system of continuity is as good as others.
You did 1 hour of MS and 1 hour of DC every day? 5 times a week? Impressive. I don't think I could keep that up.

Anyone do TA with other cardio? I'm not very coordinated to do dance cardio I think.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arms, tam, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results