Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-13, 09:38 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
I did all these low impact and lost a clothing size going through them in a month.
Congratulations!

And Candice, those are fantastic tips. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-12-13, 04:19 PM  
Candiceena

Oh you guys are so welcome!!

Now that I have modified both impact, and sometimes intensity, I am totally loving these workouts! It is nice to be able to have high intensity OR low intensity, and still keep things low impact!!

I hope you guys can definitely get some use out of the tips becuase the workouts really are AWESOME when they are modified!

Sophiesmom - I am just following the rotation right now. I have been doing single workouts and am part of the October FE Challenge, but on Friday night I was feeling a little behind so I did all three workouts from Cycle 2. I was REALLY sore on Friday and I think I worked a little too hard - and I kept it low impact, moderate intensity...that really confirms my belief that even modified, the workouts do "work you out" if you will! I just overdid it by doing 3 of them back to back, lol.

Princess76 - Congrats on the size drop!! I have also noticed shrinkage this month; I've been doing 10-20 minute workouts, mostly FE with some walking, 1 HoCo, and 2 Ballet Beautifuls. A jacket that was tight a few weeks ago has noticably loosened up on me in my waist, arms, and shoulders/back area.
Old 10-13-13, 08:08 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Great thread, Candice! Perhaps we should have it cross referenced in the Combinations, Modifications and rotations forum, too.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 12:16 AM  
rad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
Princess76 - Congrats on the size drop!! I have also noticed shrinkage this month; I've been doing 10-20 minute workouts, mostly FE with some walking, 1 HoCo, and 2 Ballet Beautifuls. A jacket that was tight a few weeks ago has noticably loosened up on me in my waist, arms, and shoulders/back area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
I did all these low impact and lost a clothing size going through them in a month.

Candice, princess76, how often did you do FE(just 3X/week?), and how long did your rotation last?
Great thread. Thx.
rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 12:33 AM  
gymmom

I had a hard time modifying these until I got Turbofire - I try to incorporate the modifier moves from turbofire into FE - works like a charm. Anyone have ideas for bursts on a rebounder now that I have one of those?
gymmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 08:38 AM  
dnna

I don't always do the same burst as the instructor, but I figure as long as I am doing a "burst" I am getting the benefits. for example, if they are doing burpees, I will grab my fitstix and do arm movements and fast feet, or some other low impact but fast move. I do not use the bursts for toning, just to get the heart rate up for those seconds. so - I also keep it low impacct. I think using the fitstix also really helps get the hr up.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-14, 11:17 AM  
3ks

Great thread. I have had the FE since the beginning and have yet to use it. These tips make me want to give them a chance. LOL.
Old 01-24-14, 07:59 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

After reading the current threads on the "newer" Firms, I'm thinking that the FE workouts are really 30-40 minute workouts. Gaiam just squeezed them into 20 minutes for marketing purposes.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 08:25 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I either traded away or sold these when they came out, and just bought them again with a Groupon. After reading this thread, I think I'm remembering why I got rid of them and am wondering whether I should even bother previewing them this time around. That way I can sell them as 'brand new.'

There are so many workouts out there, and so many systems, that I really don't feel the need to 'learn to love' something that I really don't like. I'd rather just do something I already love.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-14, 08:35 AM  
Footballnut

LOL. Thank you for posting this! I have had this set for a very long time and have been unable to warm up to it, but for some reason I can't seem to bring myself to part with it. There is a reason for that.

Tags
firm express