Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-26-13, 04:48 PM  
ellaenchanted

Wow, if I did that to one of my colleagues or someone in my field, I'd do serious damage to my career.

I never want to do another Jennifer Galardi workout again. There are so many nice, mature fitness professionals I can support. And, I have no idea who the other woman is so her opinion is irrelevant to me.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 05:39 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Jennifer may have an ax to grind. After all, Kim K. went to her when she wanted to fit in her jeans by Friday, and then ran off to Tracy when she got pregnant. Just sayin....
LOL. I was thinking similarly! The exchange made me feel a little sorry for Jen and Ashley. TA could care less about their opinions...she's laughing all the way to the bank! It makes these two seem petty and jealous of her success. Not a good look on them.
Old 08-26-13, 06:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
The exchange made me feel a little sorry for Jen and Ashley. TA could care less about their opinions...she's laughing all the way to the bank! It makes these two seem petty and jealous of her success. Not a good look on them.
I thought the same thing. Very unattractive behavior!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 06:31 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Wow, that was tacky and childish. But, why do we read jealousy in everything?

Every criticism is not jealousy. Not everyone aspires to or is jealous of celebrity, especially in its current state.

I want to have a loving family and happy relationships. That is not something that seems common to celebrity. I find TA's personal life to be sad and tumultuous, no matter how many celebrities she trains (I find getting divorced sad, even when its necessary.)
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 07:00 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnO View Post
Wow, that was tacky and childish. But, why do we read jealousy in everything?

Every criticism is not jealousy. Not everyone aspires to or is jealous of celebrity, especially in its current state.

I want to have a loving family and happy relationships. That is not something that seems common to celebrity. I find TA's personal life to be sad and tumultuous, no matter how many celebrities she trains (I find getting divorced sad, even when its necessary.)
Because of the snarky comments and the posting of TA's dvd w/ her face prominently displayed. Jennifer and Ashley are projecting their insecurities and, yes, jealousy. A secure person may say that they do not agree w/ the training method or they will focus on promoting their own message of fitness and health.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 07:09 PM  
Stephanie_B

I don't know if it is jealousy, but that exchange was not constructive criticism. It was mean girl and bordering on bullying.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 07:14 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I thought it was funny. Twitter is full of snark. It's not a place to go if you are easily offended.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 07:14 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
I don't know if it is jealousy, but that exchange was not constructive criticism. It was mean girl and bordering on bullying.
I am not sure I can exercise with Jen now. Nasty girl stuff, and Jen started it. I almost wish I hadn't known.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 07:21 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I forgot to add that the only DVD I own by any of them is TA.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-13, 07:41 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I would have never heard of Jennifer Galardi if it hadn't been for Tracy Anderson. I was looking for more info on her workouts a couple of years ago after watching her YouTube arms workout and I came across VF. Of course, this site then introduced me to dozens of instructors, including Jen, and I have since purchased several of her DVDs. I don't understand the idea of competition when so many people crave variety. I think the lesser known instructors (irrespective of VF) likely benefit from consumers heading about the mega instructors like TA, Tony Horton, Bob, Jillian, etc because they then seek out other workout DVDs.

Tags
ashley borden, jennifer galardi, pearl clutching, snark, tracy anderson, twitter