Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-13, 10:11 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I haven't lost anything from my chest, and hardly anything from arms and thighs (loose old-lady skin may be the culprit here) but my waist and hips have shrunk dramatically. Half an inch came off my waist in just the past week.

People on Facebook have been reporting in with their final results, and it's interesting how everyone's different with where the inches are coming off, even though it's the same program.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 11:24 AM  
twinkletoes

I'm definitely losing it from my waist. I have to say, I've gotten the best results with this program so far (even better than CLX or Cathe's Xtrain/Low Impact 3 month rotation). I'm thinking of adding Meaner Legs and/or running on my rest days to see if I can get my stubborn thighs go down a bit more though.

This program was definitely worth the money!
Old 08-14-13, 11:26 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
THanks for posting. For the squats with weight on one side I can squat more than I can hold, but I think you are supposed to hold the weight (i.e. not put it on your shoulder).

Kathy, have you seen results so far?
Exactly! You hold the weight in close but not on your shoulder. I found that a kettlebell worked much better for this exercise than a dumbbell because you can balance it better. I may actually have to buy a 30 lb. kettlebell because the 25 lb. is getting easier for some of the D2S exercises, yay!

So far, I've been hanging in Phase 2 (I've had life things come up so I'm just continuing on until I do each dvd six times before I move to Phase 3 after vacation). I've lost about a half size, meaning my pants are nice and loose and I've fit into some of my "larger" smaller size pants. Hope that makes sense, lol. I haven't been as strict with the diet so I think that may explain my stall in results. I started doing something different diet wise this week and hopefully it will jump start my progress. (Can't really explain as I don't want to violate VF diet rules).

Kathy G
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-13, 11:55 AM  
ellaenchanted

Nothing : ( I had awesome results w/ CLX so I was expecting the same from this. I decided to give up on phase 3 and move on to Dream Body again. That always shrinks my waistline. I just feel disappointed because summer is when I have most time to workout and usually look my best. I had 10lbs extra this season from a stressful & exhausting winter/spring and I feel like I wasted time w/ D2S.

It's not a bad program, I would have to tweak it to do less reps (5-8) w/ heavier weight in phase 2 and 3.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 06:25 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

I hope to get back into this series and see how it goes. I will struggle with the arms, though. I like working biceps directly although I know they get worked with the pulling motions.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 07:52 AM  
debbied
VF Supporter

I've been actually doing this rotation (I never do rotations) and was a bit unhappy that after finishing the first phase, I had absolutely no changes. Actually, I had gained two pounds. Now, I'm into the third week of Phase II and I'm a happy camper. I've lost a half inch in my upper arms, an inch on my hips, an inch and a half in my bust and, the most important part -for me- is an inch and a half in my waist. My menopause middle has been causing me lots of angst and this is a definite 'hurray' moment for me.

And, I've also noticed that she doesn't do any abs/core moves such as sit-ups -- it's all plank or strength-type movements. I think that might be why I'm seeing these results. That, and these moves are FIRST in the workouts, not last (where I can avoid them).

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 08:50 AM  
Cecelia

Those are great results, Debbie. Like you, I was in phase 2, before I noticed any big changes (and week 7 at that). Also, like you, I had begun to think nothing was going to take care of my menopot. So far, this rotation has made me a "happy camper."
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 10:56 AM  
yahoo205

Debbie and Cecilia, Congrats on your results. I will stick with the program.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-13, 11:27 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbee View Post
I hope to get back into this series and see how it goes. I will struggle with the arms, though. I like working biceps directly although I know they get worked with the pulling motions.
I'd add in some extra biceps work if you feel the need for it. It won't add that much time to the workouts.
Old 08-15-13, 12:34 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Debbie and Cecilia, Congrats on your results. I will stick with the program.
I think you should. I know we're all different, but I was reading all these success stories from this program and thinking, 'what gives?' Literally, in the past week or week and a half, I saw results. Now I'm excited to finish Phase II next week and move on to Phase III.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosgrove, drop 2 sizes, drop two sizes, finisher, grip strength, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, rachel cosgrove