Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-12, 10:29 AM  
Kathleen Ann

Fallen Butt

My butt seems to have dropped in recent past. I am wondering if its because I have not done a FIRM tall box workout in a while or because of age.

It all started when I noticed I could not keep my uniform pants up, they seem to always fall down a little. Kind of like Jillian always yanking up her workout pants.

In the mirror this morning I noticed a 'drop' in the roundness that I use to have. Bummer.

What is your experience. I am 56. To those of you who do the FIRM is this your butt lifter or does something else to it for you.

'It's fallen and can't get up' seems to apply to me now.
Old 09-06-12, 10:39 AM  
metalbarbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann View Post
To those of you who do the FIRM is this your butt lifter or does something else to it for you.

The fanny lifter from the FIRM never lifted my butt like Brazil Butt Lift did for me. I truly believe that old fashioned (get on all fours) floorwork is superior for lifting the butt and getting that roundness. The only way (for me) to lift the butt with squats is to hold like 20lb. dumbells in each hand. Otherwise floor work and fire hydrants are the way to go. I am a true pancake butt so I know what works.
Old 09-06-12, 11:28 AM  
Breezy Trousers

The fanny lifter worked extremely well for me, based on a couple guys' flattering comments when I began regularly Firming in the late 90's .... Of course, I was 15 years younger and 10+ pounds lighter then, too.

Kettlebell swings are famous for producing butt lifts. I try not to look at my own rear much, so I can't tell you if kettlebell swings made any difference to mine. However, within 2 months of starting kettlebell training, someone I know very well went from having a slight middle-aged sag in that part of the anatomy to suddenly having the perky, stand-to-attention buttocks of a 20-year-old. Something about kettlebell training did that, and I imagine it was the swings?
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 12:07 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
The fanny lifter worked extremely well for me, based on a couple guys' flattering comments when I began regularly Firming in the late 90's .... Of course, I was 15 years younger and 10+ pounds lighter then, too.

Kettlebell swings are famous for producing butt lifts. I try not to look at my own rear much, so I can't tell you if kettlebell swings made any difference to mine. However, within 2 months of starting kettlebell training, someone I know very well went from having a slight middle-aged sag in that part of the anatomy to suddenly having the perky, stand-to-attention buttocks of a 20-year-old. Something about kettlebell training did that, and I imagine it was the swings?
Swings. I am now re-incorporating them in on an almost daily basis. I already notice some results. I'm no spring chicken either

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 01:14 PM  
Castella

I seem to have some kind of recurring saggy glute syndrome. Something will work for a while then I notice flattening and drooping.

Floorwork did the job, then pooped out on me. Same with step. I seem to need to rotate different modes of attack for sustained results.

Both my parents' respective behinds seem to have completely atrophied. I fear for my future!
Castella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 01:20 PM  
CoolGirlinFl888

Squats with heavier weights did it for me. It's something when YOU notice your own rear end in the mirror. I did laundry at a laundry mat this week. Next to it is a mirrored building and bringing in the clothes I just glanced at it and noticed my butt is nice and round! Stunned I passed by again and noticed the booty. I think I did five miles walking back and forth by that place lol. It finally hit me that I was there to do my clothes and not check out my butt. I have been doing KCM leg work such as bootcamp and splits. I truly believed she did it for me. I have never noticed and admired my hinny like this before. Did I mention that I love KCM?
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 01:33 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
I seem to need to rotate different modes of attack for sustained results.
Me too. And I'm only 37.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 01:48 PM  
antbuko

I plan on doing some Classic Firms. I really do feel that the combination of tall box climbs and floor work are booty-lifting.
Old 09-06-12, 01:57 PM  
mandie123

I've always had no butt now as I get older what I do have is heading south at a rapid rate.I think years ago the firm tall box helped alot,but as someone said I too was alot younger.Did notice when I was doing kb's it made a difference,but for me they also made me appear thicker around the waist(very short waisted).
Barre doesn't seem to do too much for me although I keep on trying lol.
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-12, 03:02 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann View Post
My butt seems to have dropped in recent past. I am wondering if its because I have not done a FIRM tall box workout in a while or because of age.

It all started when I noticed I could not keep my uniform pants up, they seem to always fall down a little. Kind of like Jillian always yanking up her workout pants.

In the mirror this morning I noticed a 'drop' in the roundness that I use to have. Bummer.

What is your experience. I am 56. To those of you who do the FIRM is this your butt lifter or does something else to it for you.

Heavy squats, deadlifts, lunges, and floorwork keep my butt from going too far south. Tall box climbs hurt my hip flexors and make my quads too big.
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spongebob butt