Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-12, 05:13 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Holy moly, I did 2 segments of cycle 1 today on Hulu (one segment was only 15 min long, but the other one seemed to be complete for 20 min) and they kicked my butt! Loved i!!! Had a total high while my sweat fest was going!
Now I want the set even more!!! LOL [And and yes, I had to modify quite a bit too; it seems working out to mainly Leslie doesn't do much for your stamina! )

Wish me luck to find someone who's willing to sell me their set! (So far I haven't heard back from the person I contacted.. If I had something to trade, I'd post here too, but unfortunately I don't..)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 07:27 AM  
lrb04

Val: I am opposite of you, in the sense that I been doing the Firm for ages & I started Leslie around 3 months ago. I am happy for the change & still do the Firms a lot but Leslie is in my rotation a lot too. Since I am getting older I need to modify & do more low impact. I also modify FE because otherwise I not in that high intensity frame of mind any longer. I am sure you have more stamina than you think but this set is new to you & that is probably why you feel it more.
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 08:18 AM  
Angep

If you have a Dicks sporting goods around, you can pick up this set for under $50, at least at the store in my neighborhood. They are still full price at Target anyway.
Angep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 09:34 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrb04 View Post
Val: I am opposite of you, in the sense that I been doing the Firm for ages & I started Leslie around 3 months ago. I am happy for the change & still do the Firms a lot but Leslie is in my rotation a lot too. Since I am getting older I need to modify & do more low impact. I also modify FE because otherwise I not in that high intensity frame of mind any longer. I am sure you have more stamina than you think but this set is new to you & that is probably why you feel it more.
Fran,
don't get me wrong, I still love Leslie. She helped me those past years sticking to truly exercising 5-6 days a week where as for some other workouts I sometimes don't feel having the energy and it's easy to skip then..
It's certainly a different level compared to the FE for example! I know, I couldn't do this kind of intense workouts 5-6x/week or I'd burn out quickly! (I don't need to lose any weight and for some reason my body let's me know almost right away if I do higher energy workouts by a) increasing my appetite to a monster level and b) getting tired soon after, having no energy left for the rest of the day.)

You might be right though that because of the novelty of these workouts I feel it more intense! It's certainly fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angep View Post
If you have a Dicks sporting goods around, you can pick up this set for under $50, at least at the store in my neighborhood. They are still full price at Target anyway.
I wish, but we're not even in the US right now!
My only consolation right now is that a good VF friend told me about a site where I can actually view all 3 first cycles completely and even save to my laptop (and burn on DVD). I'm hoping cycle 4 will be posted completely as well and I might not even need to buy the set.. or at least can wait in patience!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 07-30-12, 10:11 AM  
lrb04

Val: I am finding that I can work out more days & not feel BURNT OUT or MUSCLE DISCOMFORT since I added Leslie to my workouts. Especially this weekend I did 2 days of her when I was feeling a little not up to snuff but wanted to do cardio. Today I am going to do a Firm that is strength & 2 cardio segments from Cardio Explosion. If you do the FE with the girls & no modify it is an increased intensity. I love doing both Leslie & The Firms & can't forget Tracie Long & KCM.
Old 07-30-12, 10:18 AM  
jessicavi

OK Val, don't leave us hanging. I know about HULU but I don't know how to save the w/o's from that site. I've used Freemake and Real Player for Youtube but they don't work on HULU. What program did you use to save FE to your laptop?
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 10:28 AM  
thaispice

How would you describe the intensity of the Firm Express Thin 30 set? Are some of the DVDs intermediate, and some more beginner to intermediate?
thaispice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-12, 10:31 AM  
lrb04

Intermediate is my vote for the set.
Old 07-30-12, 12:44 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicavi View Post
OK Val, don't leave us hanging. I know about HULU but I don't know how to save the w/o's from that site. I've used Freemake and Real Player for Youtube but they don't work on HULU. What program did you use to save FE to your laptop?
Oh no, not saving from Hulu, unfortunately! I wish I'd figure out how to do that!
It's from another site and with another site's help you can download the link...
I'll send you a PM (and everyone else who might be interested)
-Big thanks to that go to topfitmama who told me about it!

Old 07-30-12, 01:25 PM  
topfitmama

Aw, Val
I'm glad the info was useful.
I don't know if we are allowed to link to the site where I found the videos, but if you google "The Firm Express", click "videos" and "20+ minutes", they show up.

Are we allowed to share online download tools on here?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm express, kelsie, kelsie daniels, the firm express kit