Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-11, 06:12 AM  
flamingoo

Tracy Anderson and Pears...Results????

So I've been really off the last two weeks. My sister and kids were in town and then my youngest had surgery and now a possible bacterial infection. One of these days I will get back on track. I was thinking of doing a posslible barre/ TA rotation, but I have so many TA dvds I'm thinking of just trying a TA rotation . I didn't like omni too much, but was thinking of starting out w/ pp and then rotating mat and pd series. I hear soo many great things about what Tracy does for the upper body and abs, but I want to hear about the lower body. I'm a heavy pear and want to make the most out of my time. That's why I go back and forth between TA and barre. I have never really given her a full rotation. Will I like what she does for my lower body? How long do you usually give a program to see results before you try something else. I plan on walking for cardio. Thanks soo much- sorry if I'm rambling I didn't get much sleep last night
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 09:35 AM  
yahoo205

i would love to know too.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 09:58 AM  
chrisqan

I'm an apple and while I've seen results in my lower body, my midsection is pretty stubborn against change. I really think it depends on your body type. I find with fitness programs (even TA's) you'll see the fastest changes in your non "problem areas" and the "problems areas" will be the most stubborn area. At least for me, TA made me more toned and tighter, but basically the same proportion, I still have a thick waist compared to the rest of my body.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 10:21 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

I'm a pear and I can't recall my exact measurment changes but I down a size in pants. So I believe my proportions have changed. Well, actually I know they have, I bought pants from a line a size smaller than a year ago but kept the jacket. Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 10:59 AM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
So I've been really off the last two weeks. My sister and kids were in town and then my youngest had surgery and now a possible bacterial infection. One of these days I will get back on track. I was thinking of doing a posslible barre/ TA rotation, but I have so many TA dvds I'm thinking of just trying a TA rotation . I didn't like omni too much, but was thinking of starting out w/ pp and then rotating mat and pd series. I hear soo many great things about what Tracy does for the upper body and abs, but I want to hear about the lower body. I'm a heavy pear and want to make the most out of my time. That's why I go back and forth between TA and barre. I have never really given her a full rotation. Will I like what she does for my lower body? How long do you usually give a program to see results before you try something else. I plan on walking for cardio. Thanks soo much- sorry if I'm rambling I didn't get much sleep last night
flamingoo - I would say I am a pretty classic pear (with a big tummy pooch because of two c-sections). I am currently doing TAs Hip Continuity (after having completed Meta Hip in June). I would say the results have been PHENOMENAL. I will preface what follows with I have been eating 80% clean since BEFORE I started TA Meta so some results are from diet but I think the vast majority of the shrinking has actually been because of TA and Meta Hip.

I didn't take measurements (dumb, I know) but I have lost a total of 28.2 pounds (however, I have/had A LOT to lose) and have gone down 3 sizes. I can now buy clothes from the "regular" section of stores! Granted, the size is XL but still!!!

I have seen my thighs shrink. I even have that definition line on the side of my thighs (in the right light; with my leg held just so). I also have the definition/indent line starting on the sides of my abs. Same thing with arms. I have lots lots of inches in my hips. Again, I didn't measure but I can tell from the way clothes fit. They also feel more "pulled in" if that makes sense... The only place I don't really feel I have shrunk is my calves. However, I have very muscular calves so there really isn't any fat to lose!

I hope this helps.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 12:25 PM  
flamingoo

Thank you so much Carrie and congrats on your success!! My life has been nuts lately. My youngest has had medical issues after medical issues and my eating has been all over the place. Some days I eat great and other days I eat what I can grab fast, when I can grab it. Your results do encourage me- thank you. Sometimes I just get too caught up in all my workout dvds that I end up trying to do everything and burn out way too fast. That's why I'm trying not to mix it up too much because I end up in a downward spiral ( if that makes sense) I do like how meta is only 30 minutes so maybe I'll alternate that with some of her other videos. I know this question will come up so I'm just going to ask you- did you follow her cardio or do your own.
Thanks so much-Robyn
Old 08-30-11, 01:46 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Congratulations Carrie on your success!!! Robyn, I hope your youngest is better soon. I like how Meta is only 30 minutes because it's easier to fit in than an hour workout.
Old 08-30-11, 07:48 PM  
carres1973

Robyn-I do both TAs cardio and others. I do Cathe's HiiT, P90X cardio, walking, Zumba, etc. I don't know that I could ever do her cardio everyday. I do try to do one of hers, whether Meta or Continuity Cardio or her YouTube mini-tramp twice a week.

I know all to well about having too many choices and life issues and ending up doing nothing. Summer has been difficult for me because if home improvements and my children coming back from their dad's.

My downfall is not having the time in the evening but being unable/unwilling to get up in the a.m.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-11, 09:36 PM  
IvysMom

i'm getting ready to switch things down a little(outpatient surgery in the morning) from meta(going to leslie/walking kids to school alt. w/standing sections of ta's mat workout). but when i do ta my lower body results are this, it doesn't overwork my quads--mine tend to naturally build bigger than i'd like w/other workouts. i get more separation of the "thutt" area. i also get the lines down the outer side of my legs. my thighs(especially inner) feel like they get pulled in more--not genetically blessed, they're naturally pretty big. i get the 2 little dimples in the lowback. i also tend to respond pretty quickly & notice results/inches lost/any definition change since i'm in a single digit pant size.

when i was on a post-baby plateau from different workouts(non-ta) last fall, i switched to fuzzie's 2 week ta rotation(posted a LONG, long time ago) & dropped 1 pant size.

with meta hipcentric, in the first 30 days, i lost another pant size (stubborn inches off hips & thighs) and 15.25"--8.75" of that was below my belly button to my knees. 2.75" from between my belly button & hips, .75" off my hips, 1" off the biggest of one thigh, 1.25" off the biggest of other thigh, 1" off each mid-thigh, and 1" off each kneecap.

after that, i took a couple month ta break(too much distracting & stressful life issues) and maintained ~4.5" of the 8.75" lost. just getting back into it, only to be sidetracked again because of my surgery limitations. oh yeah, and last week i toppled over dd's bike(she forgot to brake) & i got a semi-deep gash on my knee. even with a pillow under it, on all 4's is not comfy for that knee.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-11, 05:08 AM  
flamingoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvysMom View Post
i'm getting ready to switch things down a little(outpatient surgery in the morning) from meta(going to leslie/walking kids to school alt. w/standing sections of ta's mat workout). but when i do ta my lower body results are this, it doesn't overwork my quads--mine tend to naturally build bigger than i'd like w/other workouts. i get more separation of the "thutt" area. i also get the lines down the outer side of my legs. my thighs(especially inner) feel like they get pulled in more--not genetically blessed, they're naturally pretty big. i get the 2 little dimples in the lowback. i also tend to respond pretty quickly & notice results/inches lost/any definition change since i'm in a single digit pant size.

when i was on a post-baby plateau from different workouts(non-ta) last fall, i switched to fuzzie's 2 week ta rotation(posted a LONG, long time ago) & dropped 1 pant size.

with meta hipcentric, in the first 30 days, i lost another pant size (stubborn inches off hips & thighs) and 15.25"--8.75" of that was below my belly button to my knees. 2.75" from between my belly button & hips, .75" off my hips, 1" off the biggest of one thigh, 1.25" off the biggest of other thigh, 1" off each mid-thigh, and 1" off each kneecap.

after that, i took a couple month ta break(too much distracting & stressful life issues) and maintained ~4.5" of the 8.75" lost. just getting back into it, only to be sidetracked again because of my surgery limitations. oh yeah, and last week i toppled over dd's bike(she forgot to brake) & i got a semi-deep gash on my knee. even with a pillow under it, on all 4's is not comfy for that knee.

I don't suppose anyone knows where Fuzzie's old 2 week rotation is

Tags
inner thighs, pear, tracy anderson, tracy anderson results