Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-14-11, 01:24 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie84 View Post
I've been thinking about throwing in something additional to my meta rotation also. What other upper body stuff are you doing?
I like the upper body segments on Xtend Barre, Booty Barre. I also get a certain amount of upper body in my yoga practices because I do vinyasa style. I also add upper body from Pilates dvds - Pilates Perfect Body and the upper body focused routine on MTV Pilates Mix. Other favorites include Squeeze Stronger Upper Body Premix (even if just the first 20min), the first 15min of P57 Arms and Abs, or a oldie-but-goodie Kathy Smith Lift Weight to Lose Weight 1 (I prefer 1 to 2).
Old 06-14-11, 01:41 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
Just a reminder - there are a ton of free Tracy workouts on You Tube so you can get a feel for her style before you buy.

You could put together a Meta-like workout with these

Arms

Abs

Butt and Thighs

The arms and abs sections are a bit longer than Meta. And the abs are reversed - laying first then standing (Meta is standing, then laying). But they are a good representation of her work. And the Butt and Thigh is very similar (not identical) to the first of the Meta series.

All together these come to 36 minutes.
Christine,
thanks for posting these!
I'm not really that interested in TAM per se, but I have been wanting to give her "muscular structure" a try. Mat is quite inexpensive at Amazon UK, but still... it's money, and this may save it
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 10:50 PM  
mizvespa

I actually like her webisodes better than the 1st and 2nd rotations of omnicentric. Meta just felt so rushed; it was awful. Considering that it has only been a month and I haven't even done more than 5 workouts a week, I can't wait to see my results after month 2! ; )

I definitely recommend people give her method a try.
mizvespa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-11, 01:10 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizvespa View Post
I actually like her webisodes better than the 1st and 2nd rotations of omnicentric. Meta just felt so rushed; it was awful. Considering that it has only been a month and I haven't even done more than 5 workouts a week, I can't wait to see my results after month 2! ; )

I definitely recommend people give her method a try.
So do you think her webisodes are at the same intensity at Meta?

You have pushed me over the edge! Started a TA rotation today! even did measurements and before pics (just in case there's something to report in a month's time!!) Plan to do her Mat or PP workout (or webisodes) about 5 days a week with several days of cardio as well. And I am also planning on adding in 2-3 20 min sections or Jari or Squeeze Stronger arm work.
Old 06-15-11, 01:13 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
I like the upper body segments on Xtend Barre, Booty Barre. I also get a certain amount of upper body in my yoga practices because I do vinyasa style. I also add upper body from Pilates dvds - Pilates Perfect Body and the upper body focused routine on MTV Pilates Mix. Other favorites include Squeeze Stronger Upper Body Premix (even if just the first 20min), the first 15min of P57 Arms and Abs, or a oldie-but-goodie Kathy Smith Lift Weight to Lose Weight 1 (I prefer 1 to 2).
how many times a week do you add in exta upper body work?
Old 06-15-11, 04:30 PM  
marymc

[QUOTE=jazzy75;1830084]So do you think her webisodes are at the same intensity at Meta?

I was just going to ask this!
marymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 12:24 AM  
cristinalatina

Even if they do, Meta sounds more challenging due to positions such as on all fours. I find the results of the OP very intriguing but I'd like to know also whether this rotation is safe for the joints...My knees and wrists complain if I remain on all fours for too long. Thanks!
Old 06-16-11, 12:31 AM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
Even if they do, Meta sounds more challenging due to positions such as on all fours. I find the results of the OP very intriguing but I'd like to know also whether this rotation is safe for the joints...My knees and wrists complain if I remain on all fours for too long. Thanks!
cristinalatina - Do you have an Airex balance pad? If not, you might want to check this out. It really helps my wrists and knees when it concerns TA workouts. The link I provided is from Amazon but you can find them at other retailers.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 08:32 AM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
cristinalatina - Do you have an Airex balance pad? If not, you might want to check this out. It really helps my wrists and knees when it concerns TA workouts. The link I provided is from Amazon but you can find them at other retailers.
I second the Airex Balance Pad suggestion!
Old 06-16-11, 09:25 AM  
Ann1964

I have that PAD on my LONG wish list from Amazon.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metamorphosis, ta mat, tracy anderson, tracy anderson beginners, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results