Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-11, 10:18 AM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

I think people who experience hip or back problems from Meta might still be able to do Mat, Perfect Design 2, and maybe Perfect Design 3 (although you really have to be in shape for this one, otherwise I think the difficulty of the plank work could bother someone's back).

The clearest results I've gotten from TA in generally are a whittling of the waist, a particular type of TA-ab definition, and smaller arms, which can look really defined if I combine TA arm work with other upper body work. Also, I find her arm work therapeutic and good for my posture.
Old 06-14-11, 10:20 AM  
CarlaVeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
it's too bad you had to stop Carla. I recall seeing your posts about results and enjoying the program. Would her Mat workout suit you better. From what I've read, it doesn't have the same amount of work on all fours. (but perhaps that is not what aggrevated your back injury). I have acquired just about all of the TA workouts (except any Meta's) and think I will plan a Mat /PP combo rotation for the near future. Just not sure if I want to do it as we head into summer (and tank top season) as I'm concerned about losing my muscle definition.

I hope you find something you like as well and works for you
Yes maybe I should do mat more often... I have it, but i am in the minority here who prefers meta over mat because meta is only 30 min!!

Carla
CarlaVeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 10:22 AM  
Inchworm

So is it worth it to get one of the metamorphosis sets if you have Mat and Post Preg workout? I as actually considering Omnicentric, but it's so expensive and I'm not sure it would be worth it. Does she explain form better in those than she did in Mat, which she barely talks at all in?

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 10:41 AM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
Does she explain form better in those than she did in Mat, which she barely talks at all in?

Thanks,

Kelly
Nope, it's the same old Tracy, very minimal instruction/pointers.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 10:46 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
So is it worth it to get one of the metamorphosis sets if you have Mat and Post Preg workout? I as actually considering Omnicentric, but it's so expensive and I'm not sure it would be worth it. Does she explain form better in those than she did in Mat, which she barely talks at all in?

Thanks,

Kelly
I have both. I ebb and flow between the two. Omni is much more fast paced/frantic than Mat. I hardly ever do PP, but I am on day 52 of Omni and I still do Mat here and there. I don't use Omni as designed, but I that I am worked in 30 min. If I feel like it, I throw in cardio, but not that often. I have lost my mini-saddlebags - and I'm not sure if it's a combo of kettlebells (which I have been doing) or TA. My bf said I have a more defined waist lately, and reading other people's comments, I'd have to believe that came from TA and not the kettlebells. My backside and saddlebags - maybe the kettlebells.

I don't agree with her method per se, but I can't argue with the results it's giving me. My abs are also the "flattest" they have ever been - even though I'm still not strutting around in a bikini....

I don't do Omni as religiously as when I started, but it's not out of the equation, just a little more sporadically. Mostly because the results are speaking for themselves...

So in a nutshell, I have mat and use mat, but if I'm time crunched I'll pull out Omni. Overall I think Omni is getting used more often than Mat...

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 11:38 AM  
lmattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I have both. I ebb and flow between the two. Omni is much more fast paced/frantic than Mat. I hardly ever do PP, but I am on day 52 of Omni and I still do Mat here and there. I don't use Omni as designed, but I that I am worked in 30 min. If I feel like it, I throw in cardio, but not that often. I have lost my mini-saddlebags - and I'm not sure if it's a combo of kettlebells (which I have been doing) or TA. My bf said I have a more defined waist lately, and reading other people's comments, I'd have to believe that came from TA and not the kettlebells. My backside and saddlebags - maybe the kettlebells.
Sue, what does your TA/kettlebell/cardio rotation look like? I recently got both Meta Abs and the RKS kettlebell system, and am thinking of combining the two with some additional cardio thrown in.

Lori
lmattern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 11:49 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmattern View Post
Sue, what does your TA/kettlebell/cardio rotation look like? I recently got both Meta Abs and the RKS kettlebell system, and am thinking of combining the two with some additional cardio thrown in.

Lori
OK, here is what I've been doing since receiving RKS on June 1:

last week - RKS every morning (30 min max)
lunch - 30-45 min - I did either P57, TA Mat or Omni

this week I'm trying to incorporate more cardio so I'm doing the following:

Sun - RKS
Mon - AM Breathless Body (cardio) + lunch: P57 Thigh/seat
Tues - RKS + lunch: TA Mat
Wed - RKS + lunch - I'm going to aim for Omni + P57 Express up to the abs (about 45 min total)
Thurs - RKS or Breathless Body
Fri - RKS + lunch: Omni
Sat - rest

What I was doing since receiving Omni was something like this:

Sun - CLX + Omni
Mon -AM- kettlebells, PM - Omni
Tues - AM - CLX, PM - Omni
Wed - P57
Thurs - AM -kettlebells, PM - Omni
Fri - Omni
Sat - rest

I only have 30 min in the AM, and I have an hour lunch. I'm trying to do a lunch workout 3-4 days/week. maxing at about 1 1/2 hours a day, or an hour all depending.

Depending on your schedule - if you have an hour at a time doing RKS followed by TA Meta is certainly a viable option
hth

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 12:15 PM  
Stephanie84

yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
I think people who experience hip or back problems from Meta might still be able to do Mat, Perfect Design 2, and maybe Perfect Design 3 (although you really have to be in shape for this one, otherwise I think the difficulty of the plank work could bother someone's back).

The clearest results I've gotten from TA in generally are a whittling of the waist, a particular type of TA-ab definition, and smaller arms, which can look really defined if I combine TA arm work with other upper body work. Also, I find her arm work therapeutic and good for my posture.
I've been thinking about throwing in something additional to my meta rotation also. What other upper body stuff are you doing?
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 12:23 PM  
lmattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
OK, here is what I've been doing since receiving RKS on June 1:

last week - RKS every morning (30 min max)
lunch - 30-45 min - I did either P57, TA Mat or Omni

this week I'm trying to incorporate more cardio so I'm doing the following:

Sun - RKS
Mon - AM Breathless Body (cardio) + lunch: P57 Thigh/seat
Tues - RKS + lunch: TA Mat
Wed - RKS + lunch - I'm going to aim for Omni + P57 Express up to the abs (about 45 min total)
Thurs - RKS or Breathless Body
Fri - RKS + lunch: Omni
Sat - rest

What I was doing since receiving Omni was something like this:

Sun - CLX + Omni
Mon -AM- kettlebells, PM - Omni
Tues - AM - CLX, PM - Omni
Wed - P57
Thurs - AM -kettlebells, PM - Omni
Fri - Omni
Sat - rest

I only have 30 min in the AM, and I have an hour lunch. I'm trying to do a lunch workout 3-4 days/week. maxing at about 1 1/2 hours a day, or an hour all depending.

Depending on your schedule - if you have an hour at a time doing RKS followed by TA Meta is certainly a viable option
hth
Thanks, that does help! I'm thinking of doing a combination of RKS and Meta Abs (just the half-hour muscular structure) 3-4 times a week, then straight cardio the other days. We'll see what that combo does for my abs and rear...

Lori
lmattern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-11, 12:45 PM  
andtckrtoo

Just a reminder - there are a ton of free Tracy workouts on You Tube so you can get a feel for her style before you buy.

You could put together a Meta-like workout with these

Arms

Abs

Butt and Thighs

The arms and abs sections are a bit longer than Meta. And the abs are reversed - laying first then standing (Meta is standing, then laying). But they are a good representation of her work. And the Butt and Thigh is very similar (not identical) to the first of the Meta series.

All together these come to 36 minutes.

Tags
metamorphosis, ta mat, tracy anderson, tracy anderson beginners, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results