Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-17-10, 12:22 PM  
Pascal

For those of you singing the praises of kettlebells, is it swings only that give the rear view a lift. If so, are we talking 200 a day? I am just curious how many swings to do (200?) and how often (every day?).

Thanks!!
Old 08-17-10, 12:38 PM  
Fitmama

BBL is very efficient targeted for the butt but if you want something else Firm It Up has some decent glute work.

Live Kidney Donor April 2014 - Donate and save a life!
Fitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 12:41 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
For those of you singing the praises of kettlebells, is it swings only that give the rear view a lift. If so, are we talking 200 a day? I am just curious how many swings to do (200?) and how often (every day?).

Thanks!!
It's not only swings. In most of the exercises the power is generated from the hips so you get the same results. You do not have to do 200 swings per day. I worked out with kb's 3x per week for about 20 minutes and got the most amazing results in 2 or 3 months.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:03 PM  
JezthePuff2

I know very little about Kettlebells, but I bought a 10 pound Kettlebell at Walmart on Saturday, and tried out the video that came with it on Sunday (it was led by Gin Miller).

HOLY CRAP!

I thought it was challenging while I was doing it, but not overly so. Well, today is Tuesday, and I'm still feeling it. Mostly in my inner thighs (how this is so, I'm not sure since I don't remember any inner thigh work), and in my butt.

So I'm reading with interest how Kettlebells shapes your butt.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 01:46 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

I have to also go with kettlebells (I think the Firm high step ups also helped to lift, round & grow my rear but I have heard others complain of Firm high step ups giving them SpongeBob Butt so not sure if they're as effective for everyone). I would say you would want to use a fairly heavy kettlebell for 2 handed swings, supposedly it's better for your form too. I have been using 35 pound bells for the 2 handed swings & this morning actually used them for the one handed swings in Amy's Kettlebell Dynamics 1st workout (only 5 each hand so not high rep). You'll definitely feel them in your tush!

Quote:
I love one leg stuff...trying to work up to do pistol squats currently!
I really love deadlifts, one leg deadlifts are great with kettlebells! Good luck with those pistols, I just canNOT do them! I always end up losing my balance if I get down as low as you're supposed to go. I think they are one of the toughest moves out, even without weights. I told my 15 year old son to try it & he did it no problem! (okay, a little wobble but he was able to first try) - darn kids!
Old 08-17-10, 03:38 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
I know very little about Kettlebells, but I bought a 10 pound Kettlebell at Walmart on Saturday, and tried out the video that came with it on Sunday (it was led by Gin Miller).
You might want to do a search on Gin Miller Kettlebells to get some safety tips (not all her moves are done well).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 09:49 PM  
GMonkey

Ok, what is Spongebob butt? Is it actually square?
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 10:37 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Kettlebells!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
I thought it was challenging while I was doing it, but not overly so. Well, today is Tuesday, and I'm still feeling it. Mostly in my inner thighs (how this is so, I'm not sure since I don't remember any inner thigh work), and in my butt.
Kettlebells are my inner thighs shaper/fat zapper.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 10:54 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Kettlebells!!
Yep, Kettlebells will firm that butt up quicker than anything. You are engaging the whole lower body, especially the glutes to perform the swings.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-10, 10:55 PM  
cin777

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonkey View Post
Ok, what is Spongebob butt? Is it actually square?
Square both at the bottom and top of the rear I believe.
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
butt, glutes, kettlebells, pilates band, spongebob butt