Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-30-19, 04:55 AM  
Lannette

I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. You probably know that there’s a 30 minute practice included for days when an hour won’t work and the initial practice of each cycle is only 45 minutes. We didn’t use the 30 minute practice but every two weeks when the 45 minute practice came up it gave us the break we needed to keep things going.

If you do 3x a week you could just extend your program to finish. It’s interesting how you begin wanting to make room in your life for these practices once you get going.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-19, 09:28 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Today I did my first practice - The Foundations and found it and the effects of it really relaxing. My body felt great afterwards even if the practice was challenging for me.

First of all, I was really apprehensive about yin yoga in general, because of the the length of the holds it calls for. I have a hard time relaxing and holding still in my body and mind. I did fidget a lot during this practice and my mind was not calm. Holding poses was very challenging for me most of the time. I found however that 2 minutes into the hold my body was relaxing and the slight discomfort in whatever area I was stretching, was turning into a surprisingly pleasant sensation. I found that my flexibility, despite of what my perception of it was is not great and needs a lot of work. I have a long way to go to improve my flexibility to where it should be. Or where it could be.

After my Foundations practice I had to take a short nap (good thing I have the time!) and I was amazed how relaxed and good my body felt afterwards. I am looking forward to my next practice - Hips. Good purchase, I think!
Old 07-06-19, 02:07 PM  
Lannette

Hi Dana,

How are you doing with your program?

We did the last session of the 8 weeks today. Master is 90 minutes long but the time flew by. Actually the 8 weeks flew by!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Old 07-06-19, 05:52 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannette View Post
Hi Dana,

How are you doing with your program?

We did the last session of the 8 weeks today. Master is 90 minutes long but the time flew by. Actually the 8 weeks flew by!
Hi Lannette,

Today I did Hips and found it really hard! I thought I was fairly flexible but I was wrong. I have a lot of work ahead of me but I'm looking forward to see what progress I'll make. I was fidgeting and felt stiff during the class but after I was done I felt great.

I'm a little behind with the program but couple of days ago, after I did the Foundation I was diagnosed with shingles. Fortunately, I appear to have a mild case and mine is located on the upper and back of my right arm rather than the torso which is a more classic presentation. I've been taken aback by this diagnosis because I'm never sick, rarely even get a headache and I thought something like a spider bit me but when the rash wouldn't go away I thought it better to have it checked our. However, I am under a lot of stress. I guess I really need yin yoga!

Congratulations on finishing the whole 8 weeks! I am kind of dreading the Master Class but if the time flies by, then I'm sure I can do it.

Thank you for asking!
Old 07-06-19, 07:56 PM  
Lannette

Oh Dana! Sorry to hear of your shingles diagnosis! I hope you heal quickly. DH got the classic torso rash when he was under a bunch of stress. Like you, he never gets sick. Stress is such a bear.

We found the Hips practice to be quite demanding. It’s relentless in that it targets the same hip from different angles before moving to the other hip. I just asked DH and we both think that the final practice was easier than the hips practice. Don’t hesitate to use the modifications and props that Travis suggests. It won’t hurt your progress and very well may help.

Take care!

Tags
flexibility and beyond, travis eliot, yin yoga