Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-26-19, 12:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

This is great inspiration and as I'm currently "broken" and doing only physical therapy, I can certainly relate to her statement about going slowly because she can't afford to get injured (paraphrased). I loved seeing the one clip where she started with a two feet at a time jump over the barbell and then went to one foot at a time -- realistic!! I really hope my PT can get me back to the point where I can work out for real again. This is the first time I've ever considered joining Crossfit, but if they could get me even close to that, I think I'd join.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 02:54 PM  
Vantreesta

I don't care what age you are, that was super impressive! I agree with an earlier post about clever moves. I would never have thought of some of those! Thanks for sharing, buff!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-19, 09:17 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn R View Post
Pretty sure if I tried the pushups on dumbbells I would soon be missing teeth and would be looking for a repair for a broken nose!!
me too
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 02:24 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Inspiring! Thanks for posting this, buffmama!

It is interesting that she started as a ballet dancer. I have a family member who is in her 80’s, who was a professional ballet dancer and ballet teacher all her life, and she is still very strong, energetic and flexible. I believe that she was born with a body that is naturally stronger and more flexible than most people, which enabled her to reach the high level of athleticism of a ballerina and be above average physically, later in life.

That’s not to say that an average person can’t be fit later in life. I have worked as a personal trainer, and have seen women of all ages make huge strides, even when they have never exercised before.

I admit that I wouldn’t try Crossfit because I fear injuring myself.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, crossfit, genetically gifted, inspiration, senior strength training