VF Supporter

Thanks, Sue. I appreciate it.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-18, 10:07 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Thanks, Sue. I appreciate it.
Oh and I would skip the secret workouts. I have one and I don’t remember if it was super high impact, but I remember while doing it that I would never do it again - and I haven’t.

I think DMW is good. I always had a super hard time hearing HDM and when he tells you what to do, but doesn’t do the moves - I miss a lot. So many times I never heard him say to put on ankle weightsand if he doesn’t I never even knew I was missing it. Because of this and other reasons I have just moved on.

Good luck.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 08:35 AM  
Ella76

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Hamelin now has the older DMW courses on sale. For those of you who have done these, do you have a favorite series (1-5)? I would prefer minimal cardio (esp. impact), workouts of <1 hour, and minimal all-fours work (I will do some for Hamelin, but I still don't like it! ).
I have DMW Course 4, not any of the others except for freebies that Hamelin put out, so I can't compare them.
Times for each class ranges between 50 and 65 minutes. Most are towards the 50 minute side. Class 4 and 9 don't have all-fours work. The rest do. In 2 of the workouts I looked at the times and it was about 10 minutes.

Hope this helps.
Ella76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 09:07 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Thanks Ella!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 02:11 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Hey, Beth, thanks for the info. I was considering HDW 4 or 5 but I was having trouble making up my mind. I like the sounds of Glutematics but I wasn't sure if it is similar to the DMW. I agree with you about his cardio so I think that lets out the Secret workouts.

Carla
The secret workouts have a cardio portion and a toning portion; each is about 45 minutes. I am not especially enthusiastic about 1 and 2, but I love the toning in SW3. I don't do Hamelin's cardio, but the toning part on SW3 has no voice cues so you can do it with the gentle music he has or choose your own.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-18, 02:44 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

It's also been a while since I've done my Hamelin workouts (and I have many of them!) I tend to do his workouts in phases, so I have an on/off again relationship with them (which is also why I can't remember which series were best, to me.) I'm not into hi-impact cardio (at all) so would stick to mostly toning, though many of his lower impact cardio was so much fun, even having an old school feel. I honestly can't remember when I smiled so much doing his workouts. But, to offer comparisons I would have to go through them to sort of preview, then give any advice. Sorry. I do love him (and have most of his stuff) but it's not fresh in my mind, at present. Too many other workouts/instructors.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, old thread alert, rambert, swan arms, thighmatics