Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-23-17, 04:09 PM  
IceQueen07

Callanetics Streaming

Does anyone have Callanetics streaming? Is it worth the $10.00 a month. I have been doing the 30 day Countdown and really enjoy the workouts and didn't know if the streaming offered anything different. Teaching better form, different variety. I emailed and they said that they didn't have any kind of trial and I don't want to sign up for something that is just the same as these workouts and would be hard to cancel.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 04:35 PM  
alisoncooks

I did two months and thought it had a pretty good variety. There are several workouts that aren't available in DVD. There are also a few form pointer clips.

FWIW, it was very easy to cancel if you don't like it. (IRC, it was just a button click to cancel -- no having to email or call anyone.)
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 08:53 PM  
SuzieC

There is a lot of variety, several instructors, and lots of form pointer videos. I think you can see previews of most of the workouts (except the form pointer ones which are only a few minutes each) without a subscription, so that should give you an indication of whether it's for you.
Just click Workouts at the top of the page, navigate to a workout, and you will be able to see a short preview.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 10:12 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Candice, I agree with Suzie's suggestion to check out the previous. I have been subscribing to the streaming site since finishing the Countdown in June and I LOVE it! I always thought that Callanetics workouts were so similar that streaming would not make sense but I am learning so much from the subtle variations and outstanding form pointers on the site.

During the month of August I picked 3 classes (Sandra's 1-hour workouts #1 #2 #3) and did each once a week. It was just enough variety to prevent boredom and enough repetition to see great improvements in my form. I plan to keep the same rotation format for the next few months and I already picked 3 new classes for September.

I have also been viewing one of the short tutorials each week and focusing on that particular aspect in my workouts that week. It's (almost) like having a Callanetics personal trainer!

Let us know what you think if you decide to try it
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 11:21 AM  
IceQueen07

Thanks. I think I may look into the streaming after I finish the countdown. I really didn't think that I would enjoy these workouts as much as I have. I really wish I could get all the different workouts on DVD and not have to pay another monthly streaming charge, but that seems the way things are going. I guess I will need to pick and choose which streaming to keep.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-17, 01:03 PM  
snapfish45

I am also doing the countdown and may pick up the streaming when I finish. My internet is slow, but I may give it a try! I am loving the results I am getting with Callanetics!

Snap out of it!
snapfish45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-17, 01:12 PM  
topfitmama

I checked the site and they don't offer a free trial. Do they offer any sales or promotions?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics, callanetics streaming