Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-14, 02:01 PM  
kali

Fun with YouTube exercise Videos

I don't know about you, but sometimes the background music of an exercise video drives me nuts, or sometimes I'll have a favorite video and ♥ the instructor, but after hearing them for the 40th time and knowing the exercise routine by heart, it also gets old. When it comes to videos on YouTube, what I do now is I will play a music mix and then when I open a new window/tab for a YouTube exercise video, I will mute the sound on the video. For example, I will mute this Leslie Sansone YouTube video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRScb2l4Z4g
and then I'll play a music mix, usually house music, as the bpm (beats per minute) will usually match the pace of most cardio videos. I happened to use a DJ named Dimsa's mix to match the above Leslie video. Here's one mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s34zjI77_TQ

There are other DJ's that have good mixes, such as Sergo & SpringLady.

Just wondering if other people do this, apologize in advance if this has already been discussed here in VF.
Old 03-26-14, 03:15 PM  
amery

Fun idea! Thanks!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 08:39 AM  
chelzi

I haven't played around with the sound on you tube or other videos, but since I've found some mp4 editing tools, I've been having a lot of fun editing old workouts I'd previously given up on so that they're new and useful to me again. I love how having workouts in mp4 form allows for all sorts of possibilities. I can also fit a bunch onto a single thumb drive and plug that into my blu-ray player which is much more efficient than flipping through my disk collection. I've turned many of my DVDs into mp4s.
chelzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 10:19 AM  
horsemom2

I am totally into editing workouts by removing moves I do not do and replacing the audio with my own selection of tunes.
I rarely do a workout with the original audio anymore.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, music, music off option, youtube workouts