Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-23-11, 01:22 PM  
ssgilby

Jeri - Thank you so much! What nice things to say! I'm sorry again Meta didn't work out for you. I know how much you wanted it to and how hard you tried to make it work. I really hope your hip injury heals up soon!
Old 03-24-11, 04:37 AM  
sundari

Shelley - great results!!! Thanks for sharing your journey and progress.
Old 03-24-11, 07:41 PM  
ssgilby

Thank you!!
Old 03-24-11, 08:05 PM  
chrisqan

This is what it says on the back of the Physique 57 DVDs:
"Tanya explains, 'It's the only exercise program I've seen that changes bodies so efficiently. It targets all the major muscle groups so clients see rapid, obvious results."
Even during the workout, Tanya mentions working the quads and the thighs because it's such a large muscle that even after you exercise, your body will continue to burn calories.
I think that's the difference between P57 and TA. For Tracy, it's all about the accessories. I think if you have a lot of weight to lose, TA toning only might not do much, simply because I don't think you'll burn that many calories. That's why the cardio is essential for the TA method. Actually, she says because in the beginning you're not going to be good at cardio yet, diet is also essential.
I've been doing TA Meta consistently for over a month and I've seen a lot of little changes, but I can't help but think if I was doing P57 instead, my thighs would be harder and tighter, and my arms would be more defined. I personally like the TA look so I'm not complaining. I'm planning to start a P57 rotation after Meta, and I'm a bit worried my thighs will get bigger. I previewed Vol.2 today and I don't think I want my legs to get that muscular. But I know for some people, TA look is just too soft.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-11, 08:40 PM  
AKatF

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisqan View Post
"Tanya explains, 'It's the only exercise program I've seen that changes bodies so efficiently. It targets all the major muscle groups so clients see rapid, obvious results."
Even during the workout, Tanya mentions working the quads and the thighs because it's such a large muscle that even after you exercise, your body will continue to burn calories.
I think that's the difference between P57 and TA. For Tracy, it's all about the accessories. I think if you have a lot of weight to lose, TA toning only might not do much, simply because I don't think you'll burn that many calories. That's why the cardio is essential for the TA method. Actually, she says because in the beginning you're not going to be good at cardio yet, diet is also essential.
I've been doing TA Meta consistently for over a month and I've seen a lot of little changes, but I can't help but think if I was doing P57 instead, my thighs would be harder and tighter, and my arms would be more defined. I personally like the TA look so I'm not complaining. I'm planning to start a P57 rotation after Meta, and I'm a bit worried my thighs will get bigger. I previewed Vol.2 today and I don't think I want my legs to get that muscular. But I know for some people, TA look is just too soft.
I think a hybrid TA and P57 might work for you... that way you get a little more toned than TA will get you, but not so bulky like you might if you did only P57. Maybe try to do 2 days TA for every 1 day of P57.

TBM & TA
AKatF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 05:17 PM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisqan View Post
I agree with you on a lot of points. I did TA bootcamp and meta for a while and I did lose some inches, but because I still have a significant amount of weight to lose I felt like I needed to change things up a bit. I started adding couple of days of weight training to my rotation and that is when I started to see the best results. I also think that TA workouts are good for working the accessory muscles and pulling things in, but it is not a magic workout, you have to have a really good diet and either do a LOT of cardio or hit the weights/barre.

My new rotation is going to include only a few days of TA workouts, 3-4 days of weight training or P57 style barre work, and lots of walking. Each type of exercise has its place for me: weight training/barre and walking help to build muscle, increase metabolism, and burn off the fat. The TA workouts help to tone and tighten and I especially like that she concentrates on the hips and abs which are problem areas for me.

I have never had a problem with weight training or P57 making my thighs bigger other than a temporary water gain, but I am not as muscular as others so that may vary by body type.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 06:02 PM  
Saffie J

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Shelley: Just looked at your blog. You look amazing! Your results have been awsome! I can't believe those changes have occured in such a short amount of time just from TA. Keep it up!
Ditto! Wow, your results are amazing!! It's not just flat belly, you should change the name of your blog to amazing-abs-Shelly. Now I really want meta.
Saffie J is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre results, tracy anderson, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results