Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-24, 08:23 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Congratulations on sticking with it, Kitten! I recall that the intentions and kriyas used to put me in a better space mentally and attitude-wise. Why haven't I dusted my YBBs off yet?

The dance portion of Advanced is a little "busy" and fast moving. Good idea to just eliminate a less-favorite section if you don't have time that day. That yoga part is wonderful, though, and the closing relaxation in star pose.
Yes! I love that it's star pose! And I got my legs flat in double pigeon for the first time today! I was so excited!

And I did get out the Lives. Turns out, I really don't like chicken arms. I took to sipping water instead.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-24, 08:54 AM  
Kitten

Week 8 under my belt, with 2 weeks to go.

I continued to mix in the lives. I adored Bollywood style! The dance section was fun and it got my heart rate up. Why aren't I doing this workout more often?

The plan this week is to combine all the sets. Original, goddess, lives and master (missing a few of these, but oh well)

Waves!
Old 02-17-24, 12:56 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Girl you're slaying it! Gold goddess star!

Bollywood is a favorite. I find it a bit repetitive so I freestyle to the music after the first few TIFTs.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-24, 07:03 AM  
Kitten

So I ended up *not* being able to finish my rotation. My one cat got sick, creating a domino effect in which his brother also got sick. I spent two weeks giving meds twice a day, which was an adventure in itself. I was making what I dubbed the BRAP diet (breast, rice, and pumpkin) and coming home from work and literally just sitting with them.

However, I decided I had so much fun doing them, that I'm just incorporating them into my workout routine.

I also started meditating because I missed/loved the opening and closing incantations so much.
Old 03-16-24, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Kitten - i'm sorry to hear that your kitties got sick but it sounds like the rotation was a great success! What are you planning next?

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-24, 11:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear about the sickness in your family, but you did great Kitten! I'm impressed at how far you stuck with it so in my mind, you completed the rotation, especially since you intend to keep working them in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 04:03 AM  
Kitten

Pat and Donna, thank you!

Donna, whenever I finish a rotation, I usually just follow some sort of loose rotation. Right now, I'm doing a sort of 3 2 8. I get at least 8,000 steps in, I do 2 days of traditional strength training and 3 days of non traditional strength training. Saturday is usually a freebie day. Whatever I feel up to that day
Old 03-24-24, 05:27 PM  
donnamp

Kitten - that sounds like a good plan. I keep meaning to try that 3-2-8 plan. Getting 8k Steps a day would probably be the most challenging part for me - I sit so much during the day for work. But maybe I can get creative. I was even thinking I can do 15 min walking sessions a few times a day to get to the 8K!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
results, rotations, ybb rotation, yoga booty ballet