Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-22, 06:56 PM  
amery

Obe Fitness?

Has anyone tried Obe fitness? It caught my eye in a Facebook ad tonight. It looks like they have classes in almost every type of fitness, including rebounder workouts!! Had anyone tried it? What do you think?
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-22, 09:49 PM  
diggerholliday

I have a membership and there are pros and cons. Here are some things that I like:
the large variety of workouts along with the varying lengths from 10 minute stretches to 60 minutes. The ones I've tried are the short stretches, cardio kickboxing, barre, sculpt, strength, bounce and yoga. The short stretches are great. There's a large variety of yoga, I've mostly tried and liked the restorative ones. I've liked the barre and sculpt workouts but need to pay closer attention to the instructors, some are better than others.

The things I don't like: the hit or miss with instructors. The shout outs to the participants with the live workouts, I find it distracting and annoying. They have no concept of no impact, I've stopped two workouts that were labeled as no/low impact only to find they weren't. The strength workouts are good but despite choosing advanced workouts there is significant set up times and rests which I find annoying because I'm not lifting heavy enough.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions I'm happy to answer them.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-22, 09:48 AM  
amery

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
I have a membership and there are pros and cons. Here are some things that I like:
the large variety of workouts along with the varying lengths from 10 minute stretches to 60 minutes. The ones I've tried are the short stretches, cardio kickboxing, barre, sculpt, strength, bounce and yoga. The short stretches are great. There's a large variety of yoga, I've mostly tried and liked the restorative ones. I've liked the barre and sculpt workouts but need to pay closer attention to the instructors, some are better than others.

The things I don't like: the hit or miss with instructors. The shout outs to the participants with the live workouts, I find it distracting and annoying. They have no concept of no impact, I've stopped two workouts that were labeled as no/low impact only to find they weren't. The strength workouts are good but despite choosing advanced workouts there is significant set up times and rests which I find annoying because I'm not lifting heavy enough.

Hope this helps and if you have anymore questions I'm happy to answer them.
Thank you so much for this! This is really helpful! I'm tempted because of the variety. I guess I could do the free trial and see what I think.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
obe fitness