Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-24, 12:15 PM  
donnamp

Pilates Cross Trainers 2024

Welcome to Pilates Cross Trainers - whether you do Pilates as your main routine or as an add on to other exercise programs - all are welcome!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 12:18 PM  
buffmama

Thanks for starting us off Donna.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all!

I did Rachel's New Year workout from the Girl with the Pilates Mat. Great way to start moving again. She's doing a 30 day challenge for the month but I probably won't stick to it.
Hoping some movement gets the crud that's sticking around to leave.
Waves to all.
Old 01-01-24, 12:18 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did workout - I did Trifecta Pilates - Base Strength - this was a nice fairly low key workout. It started on the floor w/ a loop band for 2 rounds, then moved to standing with a looped band and weights for 2 rounds. Finally, a nice stretch. I wasn't sure if I wold make it through the whole thing, but I did ok. I used a light weight and just took my time.

I may walk my dog today but it is the kind of damp cold that is just yuck.
So I may skip the walk. i did walk her yesterday for a bit and she was happy to get out.

Do you want to keep checking in here now that VF seems to be working again or should we move? I really need to make it a habit to visit the new locations just in case VF goes down again.

I am also debating whether or not to renew my VF support. If there was some sort of assurance that things would continue to be maintained I'd have no qualms about it - but....we have had so many near misses this past year.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Jessica has to offer this month. It sounds like people are enjoying her new walks - I'm definitely not ready for cardio though. I'm going to have to start slowly with that.

Dana - I like the looks of Trifecta's calendar, too - I am not good at following rotations 'exactly' so I think I'll be mixing things up, too. There are always so many rotations/challenges for January.

I am just going to take it easy today - some light house stuff, Twilight Zone and reading. Back to work tomorrow, unfortunately.

Hope everyone has a lovely start to the new year!

Donna
Old 01-01-24, 12:22 PM  
donnamp

Nice, buffmama - I have got to try Rachel - I have done some of her stuff from time to time, just not consistently.

Donna
Old 01-01-24, 12:35 PM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

Do you want to keep checking in here now that VF seems to be working again or should we move? I really need to make it a habit to visit the new locations just in case VF goes down again.

Dana - I like the looks of Trifecta's calendar, too - I am not good at following rotations 'exactly' so I think I'll be mixing things up, too. There are always so many rotations/challenges for January.
Donna
I'm OK moving the checkin if people want. It certainly seems reasonable.
Old 01-01-24, 12:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Thanks, Donna for starting us off in 2024. Happy New Year Everyone!

This morning I did ID Wake Up On The Mat - 30min. I will probably do something more later.

Donna, I'm OK either staying here or moving, whichever is easier. I can't say that I trust that VF will stay working for much longer. Just yesterday I've had problems accessing the forum. When you say "move", are you talking about VF Forum II? https://homefitness.freeforums.net I think there is yet another forum that was also created by Karla as a backup, right? I'm kind of confused as to how many back up forums are there.

I am planning a lazy day here. Tomorrow Home Depot is supposed to make a 3rd attempt to deliver my fridge. If there is a problem with it, I'm going to cancel the order and take a breather from this ongoing drama.

I hope everyone has a great day. Waves to all!
Old 01-01-24, 02:03 PM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

Walk (30 min)
LWR - 7 Min lose belly fat

It's time I start doing more than just walking again, but I want something short. Lucy always fits that criteria, but I want more Pilates too.

Donna, I'm fine moving to the new forum too. I did check out the Video Fitness II once and was a little confused about the check-ins though. It looks like they're grouped by month. Can we just start a "Pilates" check-in on our own?

Dana, good luck today with the fridge!!

Buffmama, I'm glad you were able to start moving.

Waves Carol and Polina!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 02:03 PM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Happy New Year everyone and thanks Donna for starting us off! As a part of The New Year's Day VF 24-hours of exercise Marathon today I did:

- Kara Duval's The Ideal Thoracic Spine and Breathing Warm Up - 8min
- Treadmill walk with iFit's trainer Tommy Rivs - 16min
- PT ankle routine - 20min
- Full body express stretch from the stretchit app - 6min

I've decided to take the most of my current subscriptions and avoid the urge to subscribe to something else. Let's see how long it will last, lol.

I post at tapatalk as well, I've started there before my VF account was approved.

Dana, good luck with your fridge delivery.
Old 01-01-24, 06:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Improved Health - 30 minute All in One Workout

This was a good little all-in-one workout! I really like these.

5 minute warmup
5 minutes upper body with weights
10 minutes of cardio - 30 second cardio move, 30 second fast walk, jog or run
5 minutes lower body (I didn't need to use weights after 10 minutes of intervals
3 minute cool down
3 minute stretch

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-24, 06:15 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

OK, there's a tapatalk forum and VF Forum II. Which one are people using? Looks like I joined both some time ago, but haven't posted on neither. Any idea which one we're supposed to be using?

Tags
wall pilates