Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-03, 08:30 AM  
Diane in VA

Christi's Choreography 101

I just received the Solid Gold DVD's and previewed the 101 sections. These sections are very good lessons on the basics of step aerobics. A beginner would have no problem keeping up with the lesson. Christi does talk about and briefly demonstrates how she makes some of the basic moves more complex in her workouts, but she doesn't really go into detail. All in all I think its a good beginning for a new stepper, and it did clear up a couple of things for me.

Having said that, I've been stepping for a while, and am really trying to figure out the spins and twirls that Christi does so fast in her workouts --- I was hoping for more in the 101 section -- a breakdown of some of those moves -- maybe some "rules of thumb" as to which way to turn or something. I know she has the Move Master in another section, and I will definitely be using that as I learn the Solid Gold Workouts. I like the Move Master feature, but its not as much fun as if Christi had done a 101 lesson for the combos. I'd like to see Christi do a "201" choreo lesson someday -- maybe she'll do that in her next workouts!

Diane
Diane in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-03, 11:43 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I agree that the Choreography 101 isn't quite as fun as the regular workout with the music. I only used the Choreography 101 for the first week, and then I went back to just replaying the regular workout over again until I got what she was doing.

The workout itself moves pretty fast, and sometimes I'm a bit behind, but Christi cues so excellently that I think I'll catch on to what she's doing...eventually. So far, I have the first two combos down from the Cardio workout.

I'm a bit puzzled when she does the "samba," and it's stuff like that that isn't really explained in the basic 101. I'll have to take a look at the movemaster to see if I can see what they're doing with their feet?

I am really happy with the Solid Golds, though. I really like the "Bye, Bye, Bye" song! Not as crazy about "Dreamweaver." It doesn't motivate me quite as much.

Pam
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote