Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-15-21, 07:28 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Giving up trying to post for night! Too many errors!
I had this issue for several weeks. I've been keeping it shorter these days. I can't always respond to everything otherwise I get booted.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 11:53 AM  
manleym

Happy Friday All!! Hope everyone is doing well today!

ChelePA, also hoping all goes well today. Hoping for some good answers. And yes, please keep us posted.

I didn't watch Cathe's interview on Facebook, but I bet it is good and interesting. Wonder if it can be watched another way other than FB. I did notice she got her hair cut when I was doing Live yesterday. Little things I fixate on during a workout.

Kittybug I saw Travis's Discipline practice and added it to my watch list. I also saw a Splits practice that looked interesting. Have you seen that one? It's on my list to try.

Cataddict sorry you're getting that dreaded error message! Seems to be happening alot. So irritating to have to post a bunch of little posts. Oh, and LOL about "linner"!! That's funny!!

Kittybug and Cataddict we are going to have a B-I-G party for ya'll when you finish STS! That is a feat and accomplishment to be celebrated! You gals are AMAZING and FIERCE and RIPPED!!

Bee hope you're feeling better. The other day on my drive home from work I just spent making up different titles for our workout days - Metabolic Monday; Tough or Two Fer Tuesday, Kickbox Wednesday (cuz Bee said).... It was just nice to not think about anything for a moment and escape from all the mess and noise.

Yesterday I did Cathe Live #330 Legs, Cardio And Core Galore and Five Parks Yoga Fun Vinyasa Flow Yoga Class. I LOVED #330! There was TONS of variety (weights, gliders, ball, floorwork). The workout FLEW. I would definitely do it again! And the yoga practice felt REALLY good, as always.

Oh, High Step Training arrived yesterday! YAY! Might do that today for Fun Friday, or Kat's Fast Basic-Intermediate #3, suggested by ChelePA. Sounds fun!

Good luck with Cardio Fusion Bee, Kim, and anyone else I accidently missed! Ya'll are going to CRUSH IT!!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 12:26 PM  
Mickey12

Manley ChelePA posted about the Cathe interview on Facebook in the general thread too and someone posted a link there. You might be able to watch it that way.
Old 01-15-21, 12:30 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley ChelePA posted about the Cathe interview on Facebook in the general thread too and someone posted a link there. You might be able to watch it that way.
I was able to watch it that way without being on FB. Great and interesting interview. Cathe never ceases to amaze me and she's just so lovable!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 12:37 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Watulans....... today I learned that one woman's Fun Friday is another woman's Slogging Friday! Holy crap that was a tough workout! Perhaps it's a razors edge between fun and slogging for some, but for me this morning, it was a cavern. And yes, I was also fooled by all that fun step in the beginning, thinking "oh, this is going to be really fun!" (even though the first combo was a bit tough to just jump into, as mentioned. Those drills! I had to just walk around in my workout room while she did the one with the stability ball, but I did make my modified old lady way through all the rest! Phew!

Hey, cataddict and kittybug, I was thinking about you guys and your sore arms/shoulders/everything for kickboxing. Oof! You're so close!!

Chele, thinking about you today and sending hugs for the upcoming weeks. Oh, and I chuckled a little at Sanfranfitness from the UK -- I've got to remember to look for that!

Oh I like the sound of those yoga recs -- keep them coming! And I love your To the Mat Thursdays scheme, kittybug! If I were you, I would write to Inner Dimensions and explain that you missed the deal and you'd really like to get in on it if possible or to be alerted the next time there will be a sale. You never know -- they might be happy to take your discounted money.

Thanks for all the happy thoughts -- you guys definitely lift me up, motivate me, and put a smile on my face. I'm not going anywhere, Kim! It's a rough patch, like everyone has -- and it'll get better.

Waves to Garrie, Kate, Nathalie, Linda, and anybody else I missed. Happy Fun Friday!
Old 01-15-21, 12:47 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey, it's a fierce day and a fun day. You all have ROCKED your workouts this week!!!

ChelePA: I previewed Cardio Fusion but alas, I did not do it today. I'll add it in next week for one of my cardio days.

manleym: The previews look tough but as long as I don't get lost on the choreo, I think it will be doable.

kittybug: I bought most of Travis' sets as DVDs or downloads. I did subscribe to his Inner Dimension for a while but stopped due to funds and too many streaming subs.
I hear you on being sore. That was me with my brief Cathe/Insanity rotation.

Hi Cat! Good job on the workouts!! Sorry about the errors. You did ok!

I'm saving all these Travis practices for later. Anything he puts out free is ok by me!

And waves to everyone else! You sure sounded pretty fierce this week!

Today I did MBF Day 12 Full Body Burn + Day 13 Power Ignite. These are two really good full body workouts. Similar to week 1, they use weights and bodyweight with a fair amount of kettlebell influenced moves. I love that Megan usually goes heavier! Although a couple of times when she used 5s or 8s, I used 10s and 15s.

So far, no dread with Muscle Burns Fat. Next week is the last week of the "regular" workouts then three weeks of MBF Advanced.
It seems to be a nice mix of heavy lifting (Upper and Lower Burn), the two Cardio/Core workouts and these two more metabolic workouts.
I have not tried any of the shorter add-ons or the stretch and may not.
And I'm still going to mix with Cathe.

I also just got Paul Katami's 4x4 set in trade so after MBF/A I'll add those in to my rotation. And probably still more Cathe.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 08:48 PM  
Mickey12

Bee congrats on finishing Cardio Fusion!!!! OMG, it was HARD! I pooped out before the drills. I couldn't face 22 minutes of really hard stuff. I liked the step portions though; they were fun. To all who finished this one, my hat is off to you!

ChelePA I hope your day in NYC went well without too much strife. I'm sure your family will be happy when your daughter's surgery is in the past. The anticipation and the waiting are the worst.

I'm tired this week. I'm really looking forward to a restful weekend.
Old 01-15-21, 10:13 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Hope my posts work tonight! Today was Mess 3 Bis, Tris and Shoulders. Tough stuff. I used my previous time as a guide and I upped the weight. This seemed to work more or less. Since there were 4 sets of each exercise I made adjustments in between. Oh, and yes, bee, my upper body was pre-worked with the kickboxing I did this week! Probably not the best plan.

Kate, I think a few of us were looking at doing a 4 x 4 rotation. I am looking at doing one after STS is over.

Oh, I just realized we are finishing up STS the week of my birthday so I will really have a reason to celebrate!!

Skeered to try to post any more! Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 11:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks, Kim!

cataddict, that's so cool that you'll finish STS on your birthday week!

Hey, I just finished the Cathe interview -- started it hours ago but had to keep pausing for various reasons. Gosh, she is just so upbeat and nice, isn't she? Really made me want to write her a long thank you note and tell her about all of us Fierce Watulans who love her workout! (but then I worried that we're not on her forum ).

Today was a really rough day here -- there's been some extra drama with the lockdown for us that's been tough, plus a friend of my younger son's has covid. Just tough -- sick of it, but.... the four of us talked at dinner and came out feeling a bit better and more positive about.... I don't know what, but it's better. Here's hoping that some of you got to a better space today, too!
Old 01-16-21, 11:59 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday, Watulans!!

Yup, FN2, that was rough upper body with Mess 3 Week 1 Shoulders, Bis, and Tris. Funny, but yoga makes me sore in places weights don't, and after that Discipline practice from Travis the day before, I was pretty sore and thinking okay, well WHAT workouts then do I put around these particular STS workouts because this week was an utter failure for me as far as that goes. I was sore from KPC before Plyo Legs and then sore from yoga before more upper body. Arg!!! I can't win!!

Bee, I felt the same way after watching that interview with Cathe! I think it would 'warm Cathe's heart' if you did write her a letter. I was really inspired by everything she said, particularly her story of getting started and how her parents were less than supportive at first, hah! And I'm SO sorry about all the drama and feeling down. Glad you were able to lift your mood a bit.

Kim, I'm feeling the same way, TIRED this week. I'm also overwhelmed with some impending work stuff going on next week, already, but I'm trying to put it out of my head, sigh. Hugs to you!

KateTT, yay on 4 x 4! I think quite a few of us were going to start those once this STS adventure is over. Speaking of...I haven't the faintest idea what a rotation with those looks like, not that I need to think about that right now, but does anyone have thoughts?

Manleym, I too noticed Cathe's new 'do in her Live preview, like, first thing. The things I notice, hah!! Thanks for the review on that Live, because I thought it looked really good and now I know it is!

ChelePA, hope everything went well yesterday!

Waves to Garrie, Horusosiris, FOLV, Nathalie, everyone else, hope you're staying fierce and enjoying the weekend!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in