Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-21, 02:48 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - It is hard to resist overeating at this time of year. So many temptations! Glad you are enjoying a variety of workouts, including pickleball. I have never heard of the adventure ring, but I know I don't need it! Too many toys as it is.

11/27 - 20 Min. Beyonce Barre w/ Ally Love
30 Min. cardio something with Body Project

Turkey is in the oven, everything is ready to go! Looking forward to spending time with the family!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 01:48 AM  
Helen

Hope Thanksgiving went well for you both - and that Lili's MIL not being well enough was fleeting.
Tech issues - yes, we feel guilty about it making us miserable, as it's truly a 1st-world-problem but the emotional factor is real - frustrating.
Cleda - I'm hearing you on the food. Wax and wane is what I'm doing there.

Friday night - the girls turned up unexpectedly - their heads just poked around the loungeroom door that evening! Cait had the weekend off (she's still in Sydney on an army training thing) and Bridget didn't have any uni work to do on Sat. either, so they did the trip up to be with ME - knowing DH is away.

Stayed over night & left quite late Sat. night. Alice was quite beside herself.
Poured down all day Saturday so would have been rather miserable had they not come - they arrived with a large coffee in-hand as well, made dinner the next night, & made enough for leftovers.

Sat: buddy's foot still sore (oyster jagged cut), so short one (Cait joined in!!)
Cathe - X10 - Low Impact (26min) +
Cathe - Timesaver - Abs from Workout #2
(easy for foot too)

Sun: will be Cathe - X10 - X49mix - shortly - must go now - to DO it.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 07:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Today is Sunday FunDay! I don't know what's on tap, but it's sure to be something fun.

Helen: What a wonderful surprise for you!!!! It brought a big smile to my face and I know it made you so happy to have the girls home to surprise you. Doesn't get much better, does it?? Wax and wane on the food. I like that. I am back on track as of today. . . Period. No ifs ands or buts.

Lili: I think I'm calling it the wrong name. But it's for Nintendo Switch (a handheld game device) that I got probably 2 or 3 years ago. It was a hot thing during the pandemic. People just couldn't get them. (I didn't use it then). It's playing a video game and it uses a ring like a pilates ring. It makes it "fun" although a lot of the stuff is very basic. (Squats? OVerhead presses, chair pose, etc.) It's how you defeat the enemies. You're right! You don't need it. Nor did I, but it's great to have variety. (which I do have!) so I need to keep incorporating the "fun" stuff. The stupid thing about the food? I know what it tastes like. I always go overboard (although this year I wasn't *THAT* bad) and the kids are all grown and do not eat like the teenagers they once were. So many leftovers. :: slaps forehead ::

Talking about frustrating "tech" issues. . . I went to do a youtube workout yesterday (outside) on my deck --- more on that later --- and it wouldn't connect right to Youtube. So, I switched to my phone and used that. Came inside and went to do a Hydrow workout on the app and at the 16 minute mark (of a 20 minute workout) booted me out. I was so annoyed. AND to top it off? Hydrow didn't give me credit for the workout. I did finish it on my own and have credit for the week already and it wasn't a badge row, so it could have been worse. And my body thanks me either way, but still frustrating.

I installed the latest software (which was due to be installed a few nights ago) and then rebooted. I am so hoping that solves the issue. I'll find out today. (This is also one of the reasons I hate Apple - if you don't upgrade to their latest software, the device either stops working or doesn't do stuff. grumble grumble. ) Anyway ... if that's the worst of my problems? I'm in great shape.

So back to the check in. . .

11/27/2021: Macebell 15 mins. you tube workout (outside on the deck)** , 20 minutes row (finished the last 3 or 4 minutes on my own with intervals I think they would have done), 45 mins. Beatles ride with Denis Morton, 5 mins. Post Ride Stretch, 5 mins. Core workout with Emma, 5 mins. Dead bug core workout with CDE (not what I remebmered it to be?!?) and then 10 mins. total body stretch to Ed Sheerhan with Robin Arzon.

Great workout day yesterday!!!!

** Macebell --- I got it (don't ask my why - oh VARIETY!) and it's interesting. Think sledgehammer with a bell on the end. (Look on Amazon, they sell them if you want to see a picture). It's just a different way to train/use the muscles. Works a little balance, the moves are slower and more controlled. But I can't be swinging the thing in the house or I'll take out a light, wall or tv. I also think that even though it was cold out (33 degrees) I was bundled up and it was good. I know it's good for me to try and be outside at least 10-15 mins. even when it's cold, so this wasn't all that bad. Now if I would just jumprope outside in the cold. . . lol .... Yes ... my muscles are feeling the 15 mins. workout I did yesterday. In a good way of course.

That's it for now. Tomorrow is back to work. I've thoroughly enjoyed my extra day off and time off. But it's back to things as I know it.

ONWARD.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 05:03 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - how lovely of your girls to surprise you like that! It warms my heart.
Cleda - I find it extremely frustrating when any workout freezes, even without a badge or getting credit involved. Good for you for finishing on your own!

11/28 - after 2 days of cooking and cleaning, and more clean up today, I'm settling for just a dog walk.

Old 11-29-21, 06:58 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

check in

Lili: the apple update fixed the issue. I was able to do a 30 mins. row yesterday with no problem and did NOT get booted out. Thank heavens!!

Variety continues. Not sure why?!?

11/28/2021: Rowed 30 mins. with Mac, did 10 mins. On The Mat Slow Burn Core or something like that from Hydrow, on to 30 mins. of Naomi Joy rebounding (Beginner workout - will I ever leave beginner? Highly unlikely!), then 20 mins. yoga (recommended in one of the Peloton groups, when will I ever learn? Got joni'od after 12 mins.) and then 10 mins. of Denis yoga

Low energy day yesterday ... hoping I'm better today. (I'm sure food choices have something to do with it).

ONWARD.
Have a great week.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 10:55 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - Low energy must be going around, I am blaming all the extra work and too many desserts! You are still getting a lot in with your workouts.
Waves to Helen!

11/29 - Run day: 3.51 miles on the mostly flat trail. It was hard to get going, only 41F/5C and windy, but it felt good once I got moving.

I signed up for a year of Les Mills. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse! My Bellicon subscription just ended, so it made sense. You will be seeing many LM workouts in the near future!

Old 12-01-21, 02:38 AM  
Helen

Monday: Shaun T - CIZE - Get Into It
Tuesday: dog walk

It was a proud parent moment that the girls conspired to secretly drive over 2 hours just to give me some company for a day. Many a 20-something wouldn't even think to do it.

Low energy IS going around - end of year looming. At school, the kids too, are really brain-dead. Hard to get anything out of them, even the those that are usually good.

CLEDA
Good that the update solved your tech issues

LILI
Les Mills ARE very good ! but I have hoards ... *pause to check log to see HOW many* ... (223!) workouts (not including mixes)
Hope you enjoy them - the Body Jam workouts (dancy) are the only kind I'm not that fond of.

New Month - need to get onto new thread. DH is on the phone talking to me as I'm typing - updating me on all the doings at the farm. He can talk for HOURS, but I can't listen that long.

Wednesday 1st - it will definitely happen - shall start new thread whilst DH continues to ramble at me.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 12-01-21, 10:47 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

11/30 - GHU's Serious Strength: Upper Body

Old 12-02-21, 01:31 AM  
Helen

>> December Thread <<
time poor, DH won't be back until next Tuesday (that'll be 3 weeks) as he's been flooded in - nothing drastic, just the road in is a river. He expected it & went out for supplies the day before. Not even newsworthy.

Copied last year's thread starter as it was already a day late and just saved time.

Ή Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.