Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-09-21, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Carol, that is good news that you are feeling better. It is probably wise to get checked by the cardiologist and for COVID - but hopefully all will be good.

Today's workout mix was:

Walk At Home - Steel City 2 Mile Walk w/ Celine - I decided to give this a try - it is Leslie's streaming site - the price is only $4.99 per month - you get a 7 day free trial and I believe the code One Month gives you a free month. It looks like a large selection of Leslie's DVD workouts are on here, along with some newer workouts w/ different leads (like the Steel City series) and some pre-mixes of some of her other workouts. So, we shall see - I do own a large # of Leslie DVDs so in a way I feel this is wasteful but there is some content on there that I don't own. Also, they are doing some Live Strems. Celine was an ok instructor, I prefer Leslie though!

Lucy Wyndam Read - 7 Min Lower Body Workout (You Tube)

Jessica Valent - side lying series and routine for sciatica

I got my flu shot yesterday and my arm is quite sore so I had to stick w/ lower body today.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-21, 10:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Definitely a good idea to get checked out by cardiologist, Carol. I hope you feel better soon. Please keep us posted.

Donna, hope your arms feels better after your flu shot. I've had mine about 6 weeks ago, and as with other vaccinations - thankfully, I've had no issues whatsoever.

I woke up early with every intention to work out this morning, but Comcast had a major outage that also affected our area and while I have tons of dvds, I planned to stream either GHUTV or Yoga Download and the outage threw a wrench into my plans. Our internet and TV just came back up, but the moment had passed. I have to run some errands and really hope I'll motivate myself to work out later. Honestly, I think I've just been making excuses to skip my workouts lately. I don't know why I'm not in the mood lately.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Old 11-09-21, 07:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Leslie Sansone - 2 Mile Beginner Walk with Bands - 30 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - Beginner Series - Upper Body - 10 minutes

Donna - we are twins, well sort of. I enjoyed this workout just fine. Celine wasn't a bad instructor, but you are right, she's not Leslie. I think Leslie is history, as far as new videos are concerned.

I have a stress test scheduled for the Monday before Thanksgiving. I think they are looking for blockages, etc. As tired as I've been the last few months, it makes sense. We'll see. I hate stress tests. I didn't test for CoVid - I'm just congested on one side, which often happens when I have sinus issues or allergies. So far as I have heard, CoVid still hits both sides.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 09:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My darn back/hip were achey this morning so I did some PT:

CS 1217 - Psoas and Hip - I don't think this one was the best choice, I think some of the stretches ended up irritating some things even more.

Jessica Valent - PT for Herniated Disc - this was a decent choice.

I am not sure what is flaring me up, but I suspect it is long periods of sitting. I had two busy days at work the last few days where I have been glued to the chair and I haven't even been able to get out for a walk in spite of the gorgeous weather.

I'm going to try to get out today though.

Carol - good luck w/ the stress test, I guess it is better safe than sorry. I'm glad you are feeling better though. Being tired - it is so hard to know what causes it - the last two years have been challenging in some way for most of us.....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-11-21, 07:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me yesterday - spent most of the evening doing CoVid management stuff for School. We are definitely having an outbreak - 10 cases in 3 days, scattered (mostly) across various grade levels. Contrast this to last year where we didn't have that many cases during the entire school year. I wonder why ... , not .

Parents are mad that we are contact tracing and requiring masking due to exposure (public schools are doing no contact tracing and are not quarantining for exposure) - others are mad that we were not masking from the get go (maybe 10% of our parents are on this end of the spectrum). We even have parents who are mad that we are sponsoring a shot clinic tomorrow (a no school day for kids) where CoVid shots and boosters will be offered along side flu shots. Sheesh! Meanwhile, we continue to have the highest hospitalization rate in the state. But of course the anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers don't believe that nor do they believe that only 8% of CoVid deaths statewide were people who were fully vaccinated (and half of those were over 75).

Found out yesterday that I was exposed on Monday in a meeting I attended where I was maskless while presenting financial statements. I am terribly congested, but have been since before the exposure. I did take an at home CoVid test last night and tested negative. I have an appointment with my new doctor this morning - I assume they will let me in the building with a mask on and then test me again, but we will see.

Hoping I can get a workout in this afternoon - I already know I have a CoVid meeting at 6:30.

Who needs a stress test?? My life is stressful.

Carol
Old 11-11-21, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have the day off from work today for Veteran's Day. Nothing too exciting planned, just going to catch up on housework, laundry and errands, but it is still better than being glued to a screen all day.

Today's workout was:

Ellen - Strengthen, Lengthen and Breathe - I needed something low key and uplifting today and this fit the bill.

My hip/back is still off but feeling better - yesterday I did manage to un-glue myself from my chair to get a short dog walk in.

LOL, Carol -it sure doesn't sound like you need a stress test after all that. I hope that you continue to test negative for COVID. Yikes.

I'm going to get my booster sometime in December. I got my flu shot on Monday.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-11-21, 10:21 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Cardio Kickboxing 2 - 45min. Fun and very vigorous class. I really enjoyed it.
Yoga Download (YD) Twist & Flow - 30min. I felt a little bloated and stiff this morning and this class was perfect for today.

Carol, your job sounds really stressful! I wouldn't be able to put up with that much stress anymore, especially dealing with people. Ugh. I'm definitely an introvert and I'm glad I only have to do it only couple of days a week these days. I just have no patience for nonsense and people's selfishness.

Donna, glad your hip/back is feeling better. Getting some movement in throughout the day is definitely helpful.

It's supposed to be raining all day here today and I'm loving it! My kind of day.

Waves to all!
Old 11-11-21, 07:34 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

GHUTV - Chair Conditioning - 25 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Beginner Level - Total Body Workout #1 - 10 minutes

I did the Chair Conditioning workout standing, but modified to low impact - not hard to do. Worked up a light sweat. The Trifecta Total Body Workout #1 was a little tougher than most of her beginner level workouts.

Only one additional case today, but in a grade level that hadn't had a case yet. So glad students have a 3 day weekend this week. I will be really interested to see the case numbers from this week at the public schools - their cases have to be rising like ours are, unless people aren't reporting, which wouldn't surprise me at all. One of my brother's good friends died today of CoVid - about 10 days after his father died of CoVid. So so sad.

Dana - I don't have much patience these days for people's selfishness either. This is not hard, but we've sure made it that way.

Carol
Old 11-12-21, 09:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Ellen's Power & Balance- I really like this one it is more fast paced and feels more like her studio series.

I am considering joining Daily Burn - Ellen posts a new workout on there once a month - and there may be other content I would enjoy there as well.

I think I'm not going to stick with Leslie's/Walk At Home site - I do have plenty of walking DVDs not to mention You Tube walking workouts to do!

I did cancel Callanetics - too risky w/ my back w/ all the tucking.

and, YWK - while nice was not necessary since I don't do yoga often enough to justify a membership

So, I'm glad I tried some of these for free!

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

Carol - I shouldn't be, but I am, speechless!

Dana - we are getting the rain here today - although looks like it is clearing. I do love the fall, I just don't love winter.

Donna
Old 11-12-21, 08:06 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were:

Silver & Fit - 11/11/21 Intermediate Strength with Penny - 30 minutes & 10/12/21 Intermediate Flexibility & Balance with Penny - 30 minutes

I liked both of these workouts - they were filmed poolside with lots of sunshine. The strength workout was a drop sets workout - starting with heavier weights (generally 8 lbs for me) and then doing the second set with lighter weights. It was mostly upper body focused, but there was standing ab work, as well as some lower body exercises. The Flexibility and Balance workout was also good - mostly flexibility, aided by a chair, with some balance work scattered throughout.

Donna - Sounds to me like you've made some good exercise decisions. I think I've long moved past being rendered speechless by some of the anti-mask/anti-vaccine stuff, except we did have an employee ask our nurse if she'd gotten her booster today at our clinic, and then she promptly put her mask on when the nurse answered that she had. I guess the employee has bought into the theory that vaccinated people are shedding the virus when they breathe.

Carol