Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-21, 06:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Slow Flow Weights Workout - Level 1 - 25 minutes

I liked this workout a lot. It really flowed nicely and was plenty challenging for me. I didn't feel like the pace was "slow". I aggravated my hamstring strain/injury/whatever today when I almost tripped over the dogs this afternoon. I do have a doctor's appointment next week so we'll see what she says. This will be a new to me doctor - I can't go back to the doctor who has been spending too much time on social media.

Dana - I like the Silver & Fit YouTube channel - they add so many workouts every day I could never do them all.

Donna - I am really enjoying Beth's streaming. I really appreciate how she has all of her workouts labeled by level - thank heavens! I didn't realize that Beth was opening up her membership this weekend. I did decide not to renew Jessica Valant's streaming when it comes up for renewal in December. I've also canceled Barre3's streaming.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 07:11 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
This will be a new to me doctor - I can't go back to the doctor who has been spending too much time on social media.

Dana - I like the Silver & Fit YouTube channel - they add so many workouts every day I could never do them all.

I did decide not to renew Jessica Valant's streaming when it comes up for renewal in December. I've also canceled Barre3's streaming.

Carol
Carol, I totally agree with you on the doctor decision. Her focus on social media and voicing her politically-based opinions to her patients would absolutely make me drop her in a hearbeat. I want my doctors to keep up with the latest science -based research and not social media, hearsay or their personal opinions. Ugh.

I've also decided not to renew Jessica Valant's subscription which is up for renewal next month. I'm just not clicking with her at all. I'm also pausing my ePilates membership at the end of the year. I really enjoy Emma, but after 2 years, I just want to try something else. I haven't been doing much of SBF because her workouts focus so much on lower body which are mostly lunges, pulses and squats. I like these, but they don't like me back. In fact, my knees hate it! I'll also be cancelling my Inner Dimensions membership in 3 months time. I like Travis, but I'm just not a serious yogini. In fact, I'm not a yogini at all! I like my yoga to be more athletic than spiritual. Which is probably not "yoga" at all

I am really loving (again!) GHUTV and have been doing their workouts a lot especially their over 60, menopause and beginner calendars.

I hope everyone is enjoying having a good evening!
Old 11-03-21, 08:35 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Carol, I totally agree with you on the doctor decision. Her focus on social media and voicing her politically-based opinions to her patients would absolutely make me drop her in a hearbeat. I want my doctors to keep up with the latest science -based research and not social media, hearsay or their personal opinions. Ugh.

I've also decided not to renew Jessica Valant's subscription which is up for renewal next month. I'm just not clicking with her at all. I'm also pausing my ePilates membership at the end of the year. I really enjoy Emma, but after 2 years, I just want to try something else. I haven't been doing much of SBF because her workouts focus so much on lower body which are mostly lunges, pulses and squats. I like these, but they don't like me back. In fact, my knees hate it! I'll also be cancelling my Inner Dimensions membership in 3 months time. I like Travis, but I'm just not a serious yogini. In fact, I'm not a yogini at all! I like my yoga to be more athletic than spiritual. Which is probably not "yoga" at all

I am really loving (again!) GHUTV and have been doing their workouts a lot especially their over 60, menopause and beginner calendars.

I hope everyone is enjoying having a good evening!
Glad you are enjoying GHUTV - I have not cancelled that one, even though I'm not using it right now.

Yes, the doctor conversation just really discouraged me. I can't believe she would actually advise me not to get the booster. What is she thinking??? I'm 65 and diabetic. That isn't good.

Carol
Old 11-04-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Leslie - 20 Min Brisk Walk - this was on You Tube is appears to be a compilation of some of her DVDs. I have tons of Leslie DVDs but I find it easier to just stream rather than pick a DVD out. I wanted to start w/ a shorter one to see if it would aggravate anything in my back/SI - and so far so good. I'll gradually increase the length of my indoor walks!

Jessica Valent - Stretching for Tight Hips - this was up on the post-partum calendar which I'm loosely following as a rehab calendar

Susan Koenig -Somatics - SI Joint practice - I'm intrigued by Somatics - thanks to the Callanetics thread on GD. I did a very short hip practice yesterday - which worked on the "waist" muscle and did feel a release in that area which is chronically tight for me. Sandra Hanna has a Health Barre site where I think she incorporates Somatics into her practices. Also, Callanetics TV has some - I may consider doing a 7 day free trial to Callanetics to see how Sandra's program works for me. I feel like I'm on a never-ending quest for pain relief!

Carol - that is just awful about the Doctor, I don't blame you for switching. It still astounds me about how people are reacting to the pandemic......I'm using Jessica's stuff mainly for rehab....I may cancel in the future. I'm not going to sub to Yoga w. Kassandra - I can be happy w/ her You Tube stuff when I'm in the mood for it. I may sub to Beth, but I may wait and try Callanetics first, particularly since I still have Jessica Valent for awhile. Subscriptions, subscriptions...I do also want to try GHUTV again, Jenny Ford and maybe Leslie. All three of those are super cheap though - and Jenny and Leslie are month to month so I can always cancel.

Dana - so glad you are enjoying GHUTV!!! I don't mind some light baking, but I don't like to do anything too intricate and I feel a cheesecake may be too much for me. Can you freeze it into individual portions?

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 09:14 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I think your weaning down of subscriptions makes sense! It will give you freedom to try new things if they pop up or really focus on ones you'll use. As far as cheesecake, it is a booger bear to bake so hard pass from me in trying to bake one. I heartily cheer others on though because I love it...but only the plain so I can add toppings

Carol I hope your Dr visit helps with your hammie!

Donna have you ever checked out the prehab guys? I think they have some super useful mobility stuff that I have added for specific body parts. They have a website, a podcast (I just recently discovered) and are in Instagram and YouTube.

Kettlebells, pilates and CS will be on deck again for me in November. Yesterday was kettlebell strength and mobility. Love it!

Waves to Pam, and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 07:51 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Cardio with Madeleine - 31 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - Core Workout - Beginner Level - 15 minutes

The cardio workout was not a good choice today because of my hamstring. A simple Leslie walk would have been more doable. Nothing wrong with the workout, just with me.

Beth's workout was all about stabilization. It was just what I wanted.

Carol
Old 11-05-21, 07:23 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Kick Butt Kickboxing - 43min
GHUTV 10min Booty Band

Both were great workouts. I didn't think I can motivate myself to do Kickboxing workout at 5:30am but once I started it I felt energized. Chris is a very motivating instructor.

I have to go to the office today but don't expect to stay long.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Waves to all!
Old 11-05-21, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Stephanie Huckabee - PowerFit Harmony - Move It!
Jessica Valent - Workout for Stronger Glutes

Yesterday I took a short walk w/ my Golden - could have gone longer, but too cold for me - I'm a wimpy when it comes to the cold weather!

I also did Yoga With Kassandra - Evening Yoga Series - Day 1 - this was a nice restorative sessions.

I enjoyed the PowerFit workout and I'm considering following the original Harmony calendar which is one workout a day - when these first came out I did two a day -but I'm thinking one PowerFit plus a Pilates-Yoga-CS, etc. may help me to build up to more advanced and longer workouts. On the rest days of the rotation I'll do a wildcard workout to keep things interesting. All subject to change, LOL! I did use the step for PowerFit instead of doing the step on the floor and that seems to be a good way to reintroduce step into my routine.

Linda - thanks for the recommendation!

Dana - You are tempting me w/ GHU TV!

Carol - sorry the hamstring is giving you grief. I'm noticing that my left hip/Glute is weaker than the right. I'm thinking I may do extra reps or something on that side.

Happy Friday!

Donna
Old 11-05-21, 08:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Dog Walk - 30 minutes;
Trifecta Pilates - Abs & Back Workout - Beginner Level - 10 minutes

The weather was so nice when I got home from work that we decided to take the dogs for a walk. It did not bother my hamstring.

The Trifecta workout appears to be from Beth's original Beginner series. I like it too, so I may stick with her Beginner stuff for a while.

Carol
Old 11-06-21, 03:57 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit sleep deprived so today was a low key one:

Outdoor Walk

Callanetics Rehab - Revive - I think this is "somatics" it matches up with some of the somatic videos I have seen on You Tube. But it was longer at 40+ min. Honestly, it is probably not something I would have the patience to do on a regular basis. There is a shorter 10 min Daily Stretch - I may try that. I decided to sign up for a 7 day free trial of Callanetics, but I will probably not continue past 7 days. I find the level of detail needed to perform the exercises correctly to be a bit overwhelming and probably not something I would stick w/ long term.

Carol - glad you were able to walk w/out your hamstring bothering you. I'm pretty tempted to sign up for Trifecta this weekend.....

Take care,

Donna