Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-01-21, 07:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Pilates Cross-Trainers NOVEMBER 2021

Starting us off in November!

Walk, Sweat & Sculpt Upper Body - 30min.
ePilates Lower Body Love - 40min.

Both were excellent workouts! ePilates LB was very thorough but not an overkill. It's a new month and I'm feeling really good today.

Waves to all!
Old 11-01-21, 10:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

DH and I had a nice weekend out of town.

I have today and tomorrow off from work -

Today, so far has been:

- Outdoor Walk - Approx 40 min
- Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga Warm up

I sighed up for YWK for November - I get a 7 day free trial - and will decide if I want to pay for it after that - but so far, I like the way everything is set up. And, the November calendar looks nice, too.

We had zero trick or treaters, we don't get many in our neighborhood and I think the last time we had any was in 2018!

Dana - it sounds like you are getting good use out of our membership!!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 12:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
We had zero trick or treaters, we don't get many in our neighborhood and I think the last time we had any was in 2018!
Donna, we've been in our home for over 15 years and only the first year we've had 1 trick or treater. Not one since and frankly, I like it that way.
Old 11-02-21, 06:07 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - June Live Chair Workout - Beginner Level - 40 minutes

I really enjoy this workout! My hamstring is really bothering me - I think I need to see a physician therapist because I cannot lift my leg to straight when I'm on hands and knees. And it's still sore - in the middle of the leg, not the high hamstring area. Thinking my classes at Club Pilates are toast for now...

Boo hiss ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 10:41 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Lively Ladies -Happy Health Walk/Jog. I did skip the jogging. I enjoy Trish and her sweet Irish accent.

YWK - Yoga for Beginners

Carol - Ugh - how frustrating. It does sound like it needs a professional opinion to find out what is going on. I just saw that Beth is opening her membership up this weekend. I am thinking about caving...although I am enjoying yoga, I think I need more Pilates in my life than yoga to help w/ my imbalances, aches and pains - maybe Yoga for after I'm a bit more balanced. And while Kassandra's yoga for today wasn't impossible, I didn't think it was really great for beginners. I'm getting picky about yoga - IMHO I would have liked to see a better demonstration of the use of props to make the poses more accessible for those w/ limited flexibility, recovering from injury, etc. Fortunately, I do have a good idea about what to do in that regard!

Dana - I was also pretty happy to not have the doorbell ringing on Halloween night. It is a pain w/ my dogs, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-02-21, 07:43 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Adita 11/2/21 - 30 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - Level 1 - Abs & Legs - 10 minutes

The Advanced Strength workout was a good one - all upper body focused. It was about half standing and half on the mat. It was a keeper.

The Trifecta workout was mostly ab work, with a little bit of leg work that didn't bother my hamstring.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-21, 07:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello!

I’m not good at keeping up with two check ins. I haven’t been doing any Pilates lately…..teaching lots of classes, walking, enjoying the Ellen B workouts, doing my PT exercises, & some stretchy yoga. I’ll pop in when I get back to Pilates.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-21, 08:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

GHUTV Gold Power Walk 2 - 45min
GHUTV Beginners UB - 11min

Beautiful and cold day here today. I'm getting excited about Thanksgiving which is my favorite holiday. Today I'm planning to go to Trader Joe's to see if they have their pumpkin cheesecakes out yet. I'm not big on sweets, especially cakes, but my dh loves them. He usually goes to Trader Joe's for their pumpkin cheesecake but last year they were already sold out when he went, and I heard about it for weeks. So, we're going there today and see if they have them.

Waves to all! I'll check back later.
Old 11-03-21, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did end up adding on Jessica Valent's Post Partum Pilates from her Post Partum Calendar - it is fine for any stage of life - she does not include crunches or planks of any kind in this workout. I also did her Hip Pain routine.

Today, so far has been

CS1216 - I think that was the one - first one on Disc # 3 - so whichever # that is! LOL!

Jessica Valent - Non Impact HIIT # 1 - this was a good short weight routine

Jessica Valent - Sciatica routine

Dana - good luck finding your cheesecakes! The weather turned to autumn here overnight. Thanksgiving is definitely one of my favorite holidays - it is cozy w/out the stress and pressure commonly associated w/ Xmas.

Carol - I'm glad you were able to get through a workout that didn't aggravate your hamstring issue. I'm considering maybe, possibly, subscribing to Beth's site this weekend when it opens, but maybe not....I feel pretty directionless on the workouts these days.

Waves, Pam - please stop by any time!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-03-21, 06:06 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

So, we ended up not going to Trader Joe's to hunt for the pumpkin cheesecake. My dh has decided that he doesn't need it, needs to lose the weight, probably won't eat it etc, etc..... BUT, we've been married long enough for me to know, that with his sweet tooth he wasn't really serious and if we don't have the cheesecake for Thanksgiving, he'll be complaining until Christmas. So, I'll stop by TJ tomorrow on my way back home from work and see if I they have it. I probably can bake it myself, but I'm not a baker and I have no interest whatsoever in baking. Maybe because I don't have a sweet tooth. I love to cook though - because I love to eat! I don't know why, but we have a hard time finding pumpkin cheesecakes in our area.

Carol, I'll have to check out Silver & Fit channel. It sounds interesting!

Hi Donna, Pam and Linda!