Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-27-21, 05:11 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I'm so behind, Watulans! I finally have half a minute to breathe this weekend and oye, sorry for the lack of checking in! Long story short on the workouts, I've been doing an Xtrain strength plus cardio rotation which is basically cardio every day and one Burn Sets body part per day and it is TOUGH, wow. I thought it might 'seem' easier just doing one body part per day but this particular rotation has kicked my booty up one side and down the other, so next week I'm taking a sort of break with a similar CTX rotation.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving with just us but are meeting up with some people tomorrow, so that will be nice. And then the busy busy busy is gonna start again next week and I'm simply dreading things right now.

ChelePA, the crying has happened to me too when I'm struggling with stuff and a trainer will say just the right thing at just the right time. I think it's good you released what is probably a lot of pent-up emotion! YES, the world needs you and WE NEED YOU.

Bee, I've cut out yoga and barre just for right now as an experiment and do you know what? NO pain (I mean, apart from Xtrain legs making me sore for days but not in a piriformis kinda way). I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad about that, seriously.

Horusosiris, we have HBO and I kept seeing reference to that movie but had NO idea what it was about, so thank you because now I'm planning to watch it for sure.

I hope those of you traveling are having a smooth ride and enjoying yourselves, and waves and hugs to the rest of you fierce Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-21, 10:58 PM  
ChelePA

So we had free HBO max just for the week from Comcast and I finally got to watch Mare of Easttown. Loved it! We tried to watch King Richard but it wouldn’t allow us. Probably because it’s a new release. My husband was a very good tennis player back in the day.

Bee… hoping you found the perfect Christmas tree and send some pictures when it’s all decorated.

Kittybug… I never did Xtrain rotation because I don’t have all the DVDs. Cardio Leg Blast was my first Cathe workout. And I added most of the cardio and metabolic routines from that series. But I don’t have pure weights only.

Peloton really works on their motivational speaking and positive thinking. The instructors seem to be trained in this area. Especially since Covid and they can’t be in their cycling studios. Some are truly inspirational with their words.

Today I did a short Caroline Jordan chair cardio. I think it was around 20 minutes. Then I did a 20 minute cycling low impact class. Followed by some upper body strength and range of motion exercises.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-21, 03:37 PM  
Mickey12

Hellloooo Watulans!

ChelePA releasing your emotions is never a bad thing. I think it’s common during this time of year to feel extra emotional. I know I do. Mostly I get really nostalgic and sometimes feel sad. I’m glad you have those Peleton instructor classes. They sound really well done and just what you need now.

Bee you had me laughing out loud with your tree farm story. OMG you are so darn funny!

Horusosirus I would like to see King Richard. I enjoy biographies.

We have a tabletop Christmas tree that we store in the cellar with all the ornaments and lights on it. (I’m not a huge fan of decorating) We just uncover it and bring it upstairs and plug it in. Well this morning Finley came in the room and dropped a “prize” from his mouth onto the chair. It was an ornament from the tree in the cellar. Somehow he got under the cover and stole an ornament. We immediately went downstairs to make sure the tree was still upright and not tipped over and on the floor. I have some glass ornaments on it that were my grandmothers that I would hate to lose. Luckily it was unscathed. We decided to bring the tree upstairs today and set it up. It’s in a room with a door and we close it at night and when we’re not home so the tree is fully protected from active cats.

Yesterday I pulled out Christi Taylor Mission Possible. It’s pretty basic, but really fun choreography, half step and half hi/lo. The music was kind of low which is a bummer, but it was still enjoyable.

We are going to Walt Disney World next week. Really looking forward to all the Christmas festivities and decorations. It’s very beautiful there during Christmas.
Old 11-28-21, 05:24 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I hope all of you with stressful busy work lives are enjoying every last drop of Sunday on this long weekend!! Well, of course I hope we all are, but especially those who are working long hours at their jobs.

kittybug, interesting results of your experiment! Do you do much stretching after your workouts? Are you, like me, a little afraid to do simple hamstring stretch these days? Of course as soon as I saw your post I ran for my Xtrain guide to check out that rotation. I think I may give it a go, though will substitute walks on many days since I seem to be doing a lot of that lately. Are you able to lift heavy for legs? I'm still a bit fearful there. Oh, and I know you probably won't be able to get back to me on this before I've changed my mind about what to do.

Chele, oh, yes, it's Mare of Easton that I wanted HBO for! Well, and now King Richard. I think there's something else my son wants to watch, though I know he and I will be watching that Beatles documentary on Disney+.

Kim, I thought Finley's "prize" was going to be something much grosser than an ornament. Have a great time at Disney World -- I'm sure that'll put you in the holiday spirit if you aren't there yet. One year during a hockey tournament down in LA we went to Main St. or whatever they call it -- I don't know if they have this in Florida, but it's basically a big outdoor mall with lots of restaurants near Disneyland, and it's decked out with lots of Disney stuff (and a big Disney store) so that people can get their Disney fill without paying the park price. Anyway, we went there in early December and it was super festive.

We haven't put up our tree yet. The plan is to do it tonight, but there is also an Ikea dresser that was only partially put together before something went wrong.... and that need to be finished properly. So we'll see. I'm making leftover turkey enchiladas for dinner. Hope they are good. I think that's going to finish off the turkey (we just had a breast).

Waves to all!
Old 11-29-21, 10:53 AM  
ChelePA

Kim… like Bee, I also thought you were going to say something else was in the cats mouth. Ha ha. Winston loves leaves but I’m very cautious that he doesn’t eat too many. So the other day I had them all cleaned up. And I see him with something in his mouth and I’m like drop it. Out comes this slug that was still alive. Yuck!

Bee… I had to laugh about your husband’s driving. My husband grew up outside the city and still is a city driver. My daughter’s one friend always got sick in the car when he was driving. We finally put two and two together. Same thing for Winston. Ha ha. I told him please stop driving like you live in New York City. Now I am completely a backseat driver because of the accident. Hopefully with more time in the car, I will get over it. But I don’t think that’s happening anytime soon.

Today I did a 30 minute pop music cycling class. Then I decided to try the timesaver premix of Cathe’s Lite PHA just doing each segment once. For upper body, I lifted 1 to 5 pounds lighter than her. So anywhere from 4 to 10 pounds. And for the lower body I mainly worked on balance and range of motion. But some strength and endurance comes into play by staying on my feet since previously I literally could only stand for 30 to 60 seconds without needing a rest. Most of the exercises were done in a static position. I have a beam in my basement that I can hold onto for balance.

Happy Monday!
Old 11-29-21, 11:23 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Bee, you crack me UP!! Yep, I'm lifting pretty darn heavy for everything, legs included except in Xtrain legs where she totally kills you without any heavy weights at all. I've always stretched on my own after every workout I do and I'm still doing that but yes, I hear you...I am very careful on my hamstrings on that one side because going too deep in a stretch will totally trigger the pain. Lifting does not. Go figger. I started my week of an as-is CTX rotation yesterday and am going to enjoy this little less intense 'break' from Xtrain before I resume it again. I figure each meso of STS had a recovery week and I feel like I need one after what I've been up to the last six weeks!

Kim, I totally too thought Finley had something gross as his 'gift' to you! Glad you caught it in time though. Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip!

ChelePA, it seems to me you make so much amazing progress every single day! On the backseat driving thing, I don't know if that ever goes away after being in that kind of an accident, I really don't. I still struggle with that after being in a near-fatal accident as a kid, and while overall I don't really much like driving, I don't like how other people drive when I'm in the car either (just ask my poor husband)! I think it's maybe a form of PTSD that will just always be with me, unfortunately. Be patient with yourself!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-21, 12:09 PM  
ChelePA

Kittybug… I think you are right. It will always be with me. Some days worse than others. Unfortunately I remember every detail vividly. Sending you hugs too. That must’ve been very traumatic at such a young age.

We celebrated having Winston a year on the 27th. His gotcha day. I think he may have saved my daughter’s life or prevented serious injury. It was her birthday week and we were supposed to go for pedicures together because she was going to the beach for a week with our neighbors on the actual day. And at the last minute I asked her to stay home and watch him which she was happy to do because that’s not her favorite mom/daughter activity. She was like you care more than I do what my feet look like at the beach. Ha ha. Glad I made that decision. I always think about it.
Old 11-30-21, 11:36 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello dear fierce friends!! GREAT workouts for you guys!
I won't go back and try to catch up. Suffice it to say I have been working thru some great Cathe Live workout! SOOOO much fun!! I did throw in a few Les Mills workouts too. So far Nov is all Cathe and Les Mills.

Still meditating every day.
Still practicing Yoga almost every day.

This week:
Mon: Cathe Live 196 Toasted Trisets Upper Body. OMG great!!!! Heavy lifting (only 8-10 reps). Three exercises done 3 times through for every body part then a super core segment at the end. Really fantastic and I went so heavy I am really feeling it today!

Today: Cathe Live 293 Glutes & Thighs. This is another heavy one although Cathe did not go very heavy. Three exercises done 3 times through for 4 rounds. Similar to Toasted trisets. My legs and butt are TOAST (throwing toast...heehee...get it?)

Justin update: last Wed he called me complaining of bad cough, fever, sore chest. Of course I feared covid so we went to urgent care (no workouts that day). Luckily it was just a bronchial type infection..he tested negative for covid. So antibiotics and Thanksgiving was saved as he and his girlfriend were set to come for Thanksgiving.

With all the driving (1 hour each way to Hutchinson where Justin lives), I've started listening to lots of podcasts, talks, etc. I'm a big fan of Ajahn Brahm who is this delightful Buddhist monk with a fun sense of humor. Keeps me positive.

anyone have decorations up? I put up all my outside stuff (giant xmas balls). Still have inside and more lights. I could easily be just like Clark Griswold! ;-)

Waves, hugs and love to you all. Don't give up, keep up all your great work! I'm going to read past some older posts now. Whew!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-21, 09:23 PM  
ChelePA

Kate…what a relief on the negative Covid test. And glad your son was able to join you I’m sure your daily meditation helps with all you have going on. Really wish I could do the same. Sounds like you are enjoying Cathe Live! Love that you go crazy decorating. My neighbor does too. He adds more and more every year.

Just wanted to say I have officially graduated to no cane while in the house except stairs. It’s a slow go and still working on my balance. But hopefully will make quick improvements. Therapist was impressed with progress since I cancelled for 2 weeks as a precaution with my daughter’s positive Covid test.

New month tomorrow. New goals
Old 12-01-21, 01:34 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Well done ChelePA!!! I'm so glad you're doing so well. Because you were already fit (and fierce), your body should heal relatively quickly. I hope. I would drive me NUTS to not be able to do anything. I would still do something...I'm a bad patient. ;-)

More Cathe Live. I'm so addicted! My other DVDs are crying from neglect. LOL
Today was #301 All Low Impact Kickboxing HiiT and Core. I did NOT keep it low and it was so much better that way for me! Some great punching/kicking combos, then you move to HiiT cardio, then back to kickboxing. I think that went of for about 4 rounds. NICE core work at the end. Ah Cathe, you do like to hammer the abs!

So I went back to Cathe Live and went all the way back to #1. I think I'm going to start to work through some of the old one. I noticed that they are mostly an hour+ long.
I have started a list of all the Lives I'd like to do, which is almost all of them.

Three cheers to you all!! It's December!! Didn't we just get done with 4th of July?

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in