Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > VFer News & Events
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-16, 06:04 AM  
Joanna
VF Supporter

Baby Charlie is here!

I've been at VF such a long time, I feel like you ladies deserved a proper announcement for those who have not been following in the pre-natal/post-partum check-in. But yesterday, on October 22, my baby Charles Louis was born. I'm a mom now!

There was some drama involving a few days of high blood pressure readings and 'monitoring' before I hit 38 weeks and they finally decided to just induce me. Early labour involved a day and a half of various extremely unpleasant interventions to get that started, but after they broke my water yesterday afternoon, things progressed surprisingly quickly. I started the really strong contractions right after that, got an epidural an hour later, and was 9 cm in under two hours thanks to my cooperative baby.

The birth itself was a blur. I remember it started well and they told me I was really good at the pushing but then baby's heart rate dropped. I remember a second doctor coming in, a huge rush of fluid, the doctor saying 'oh no, that's bad!' and a suction machine. A minute later, he was plopped on my chest, crying and dripping wet, with the cord wrapped around his neck.

He was fixed up quickly and is fine now. He has not gotten the hang of eating yet and they had to check his blood sugar too, so I was feeding him bottles last night and will have to do a breastfeeding class if I want to try that again. He loves cuddling and listening to my voice and barely cries at all. He is a sweet little baby! He has to get a proper exam from pediatrician today, and a bath, but we will likely be home on our own tonight. I'm feeling pretty good and other than a little stinging down there, you'd barely know anything has happened.

I've been a member of this board since my second year of university. Now here I am years later, with a baby! I'll upload a pic once we are home and I can get one onto the computer :-) But trust me, he's a cutie.

2016-10-23 06.24.18 by ficbot, on Flickr

ETA: Picture!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 06:35 AM  
Diana3271

Joanna Congratulations! I am very happy for you and Baby Charlie that everything went well. I know you can't wait to be in the comfort of you own home with your new family. Love and hugs to you.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 06:45 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Congratulations Joanna! I am so glad to hear that everything has turned out alright. What wonderful news. Thanks for sharing with us. Now you can dress him up in a Halloween costume in another week. How cute!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 07:55 AM  
Buzzer

CONGRATULATIONS! Such a beautiful story, and what a perfect ending! I love new babies! Great job, and huge hugs to you and your family!
By the way, best advice I got was to ignore all the advice you get... follow your instincts. Every baby is different, and every Mom is different!

Happy Birthday, Charlie!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 08:04 AM  
PhyllisG

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing this. Welcome Baby Charlie.
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 08:06 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Congrats, Joanna!
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 08:20 AM  
MathTeacher

Congratulations, Joanna! Welcome to the forum, Charlie.
Old 10-23-16, 08:39 AM  
Erica H.

Congratulations!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 09:37 AM  
laurajhawk

Congratulations, Joanne!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-16, 10:20 AM  
mtngoat

Aww - congratulations Joanna!

Can't wait to see the pics!

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote