Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-07, 11:17 AM  
Rosebud

Recumbant for my birthday-any DVD's out there??????

YAHOO!!!!! We are going today to get my recumbant bike - I am so excited! Now I need advice - Are there any cycling DVD's that I can use? I noticed that DDD has some cycling ones - can I use them on a recumbant bike? Also, Mindy's Cycling one - can that be used on a recumbant? Thanks for all your help!

Goals for 2011: Get back to running, eat cleaner (no fried foods),
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 03:08 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Not a DVD, but I just have to put a plug in for Icycle from www.itrain.com. There's a ton of posts about these, but if you don't know about them, respond and I'll go more in detail. These are audio workouts, but I love them. They are made for any kind of cycling, so I think they would work with a recumbent. Very inexpensive also.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 03:22 PM  
sherry7899

Rosebud,

I've tried adapting Mindy's Super Cycle to my recumbent bike-it worked..well, sort of! The instructions are geared toward a spin bike, so half the time I wasn't sure what adjustments I was supposed to be making. Deep Discount dvd has it cheap-I think it was ten dollars.

I really like using cardio coach and icycles with the recumbent bike.

Have fun!
Sherry
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-07, 05:25 PM  
junadelam

I've used cardio coach and podrenaline on my recumbant. It's fun and works fine.

I've tried iCycle on an upright and spinner. I can imagine it might be a little awkward to do the "flushing" recovery intervals on a recumbant. They're low resistance, high speed. That may just be me. I don't like to pedal fest with low resistance on recumbants. My husband loves it though and has no problems.

P.S. The podrenalines are free and are taught by different coaches. Courtney's cycle programs are good, but the audio voice over is very static-y. I find this distracting long term. But Jarrod has a nice cycling program (I tried it today) with decent audio. You might want to give it a spin. Cardio Coach and iCycle are much smoother, more professional programs, but the podrenalines will give you a sense of what's out there. http://www.podrenaline.com/
junadelam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 07:12 AM  
Rosebud

Thanks for the suggestions! I have an MP3 player will they work on that? I'll have to give it a shot! Thanks so much.....

Rosemary

Old 07-19-07, 07:17 AM  
Rosebud

Sancho - I went on line on itrain and boy there are a lot to choose from.... could use your help! I'm a beginner when it comes to the bike, but I am an intermediate/advanced with working out. I have been working out for a long time. Usually use the treadmill and recently fell in love with Turbo Jam! I would appreciate any pointers you could give me. Thanks!

Old 07-19-07, 06:09 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Sancho - I went on line on itrain and boy there are a lot to choose from.... could use your help! I'm a beginner when it comes to the bike, but I am an intermediate/advanced with working out. I have been working out for a long time. Usually use the treadmill and recently fell in love with Turbo Jam! I would appreciate any pointers you could give me. Thanks!
Hi Rosebud, I wish I could give you specifics about each workout, but for me, they are all the same. I know he does different stuff in each one, but I just close my eyes and do what he says and when it's over, I don't really remember what I did. I just enjoy the enorphin high and go on with my day. I do the 40 minute workouts (instead of the 20). The earlier ones have about 32 minutes of workout and the rest is warm up and cool down. In the later ones, the workout goes about 38 minutes. The only icycle I don't recommend is the one that isn't Keith. It's a fine workout, but I really like Keith. The first one I did is #9 and I really like that one, but truly, I like them all. I don't think you can go wrong. Just pick one. As for the intensity, I think they are all the same. Besides, only you can determine how hard you are working. Just do the best you can and you will quickly build up your endurance. Enjoy!
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-07, 08:13 PM  
ooty

It doesn't matter whether you are a beginner or intermediate. You can change the resistance to your liking. I think Keith is a great instructor (the coach in icycle), I can do them even when I don't like the music in some of them ( some of the music I love, itri8 cycle sections has the greatest sprint music).
Old 07-20-07, 07:27 AM  
Rosebud

Sounds good... I will have to check them out and have my daughter help me load them on to my MP3 player..... thanks a bunch everyone.... We are picking up my bike tonight - Hopefully I will be able to use it by Sunday! Cannot wait - the kids are excited too, they love to ride the recumbant bikes at the workout room at the school so I know it will be a well loved machine.....