Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-17, 08:20 AM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lithium View Post
Hi Flowerpotcat, a bunch of us are doing

The 30 Days of Yoga Challenge on DOYOUYOGA

It's only 10 min a day. Give it a try. You'll find your groove back soon.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm back to working out after a year of nothing. I'm excited to add this to my daily workouts....

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 09:08 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie View Post
Thanks for sharing this. I'm back to working out after a year of nothing. I'm excited to add this to my daily workouts....
Pie-welcome back!!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 06:14 PM  
lorajc

Great thread!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 06:19 PM  
donnamp

I found this challenge recently, it may be "old news' but it is new to me. I like how there are two options each day and also that it is different instructors/settings/focus

https://www.doyogawithme.com/30-day-challenge

There is also a 14 day challenge on their site:

https://www.doyogawithme.com/14-day-yoga-challenge

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-17, 11:54 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Today I did Yoga for Strength by Vytas Baskauskas. It's terrific. It's 40 minutes long, and challenging. Lots of core exercises, plank variations, spine exercises, etc., but it is not solely a core workout. There is a 20 minute core class which I'll do another time. I had this and had never done it. It's great. Vytas has a nice voice, a very straightforward demeanor, and his cuing is very good. I'll definitely do it on a weekly basis. This, plus the other yoga I'm doing (UY, Total Yoga, and others) should enable me to work up to Vytas's Deepen Your Practice series at some point.
Another shout out for Vytas. I have a bunch of yoga DVDs but hadn't done much for a while. Mostly based on Mary's 9 1/2 minute clip, I purchased Find Your Practice with Vytas at her recent sale. Wow! I realize now why I haven't been receiving optimal benefits from my yoga practice. I'm learning a lot.
Old 07-17-17, 12:33 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Today I did Yoga for Strength by Vytas Baskauskas. It's terrific. It's 40 minutes long, and challenging. Lots of core exercises, plank variations, spine exercises, etc., but it is not solely a core workout. There is a 20 minute core class which I'll do another time. I had this and had never done it. It's great. Vytas has a nice voice, a very straightforward demeanor, and his cuing is very good. I'll definitely do it on a weekly basis. This, plus the other yoga I'm doing (UY, Total Yoga, and others) should enable me to work up to Vytas's Deepen Your Practice series at some point.
I just bought Yoga for Strength used on Amazon for $15. It appears to be out of print. The other available copy was new and $250! I looked into his Find your Practice set but I didn't want to spend $72. Carol, how much was it during Mary's sale? Was it on a stick instead of a DVD?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 06:18 AM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I just bought Yoga for Strength used on Amazon for $15. It appears to be out of print. The other available copy was new and $250! I looked into his Find your Practice set but I didn't want to spend $72. Carol, how much was it during Mary's sale? Was it on a stick instead of a DVD?
It was $65 on sale to which I added the 10% discount and a reward dollar. Yes, it's on a stick.
Old 07-17-17, 07:31 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
It was $65 on sale to which I added the 10% discount and a reward dollar. Yes, it's on a stick.
What does "on a stick" mean?
Old 07-17-17, 07:51 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by killoffsonny View Post
What does "on a stick" mean?
I think they mean on a thumb drive, also known as a "stick". Here's a picture:

Example of a memory stick
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 08:07 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hi Sherry! Thank you SO MUCH for this list. I've been doing a bit of weight work lately and my shoulders are feeling sore so this list is just what I need! I think my body could use some wrist/shoulder friendly yoga right now.

Tags
bikram yoga, chair yoga, deepen your practice, udaya, wrist free yoga, wrist friendly yoga, yoga only