Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-20, 10:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Question How many VFers have been working out for 20 years or more?

This year marks the 40th anniversary of my working out consistently. Jogging? Yup. Jazzercise? Yup. VHS? Yup. NordicTrac? Yup. (Gym? Nope!)

Who else has been working out for 20 or more years?

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 11:03 AM  
kathym
VF Supporter

At least > 30
Kathy Smith Yes, Firm Yes, Karen Voight Yes, Beachbody Yes, Yoga Yes, Cathe Yes, Barre Yes ....Streaming Yes
Gym No
Such fun!!!!
Old 06-13-20, 11:08 AM  
Demeris

Except for about three years in my early 40s (when I was dating a man who was all wrong for me), I have been exercising regularly since 1982, so minusing those three years, I've been working out for 35 years.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 11:21 AM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

My first son was born in 1999. I found VF right after as I was already tuned into working out with a couple Kathy Smith videos (Fat Burning and Weight Loss) my mom had when I was in high school. I just knew there had to be a website that reviewed workout videos and sure enough I found it in its old incantation. Kathy Smith, yes, Cathe, yes, CIA, yes, Karen, yes, Firm, yes, running, yes. I’ve been consistent for almost 21 years now through two more pregnancies and life transition from mid twenties into mid forties. Time marches on, doesn’t it?! I hope I’ll be able to continue exercising like so many of you ladies here who have more life experience than I do. Thank you all for your knowledge and motivation.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 11:21 AM  
deineira

I’m 46 and I’ve been working out since I was 13 or so. I started when my neighbor took me to her hi lo aerobics class and have been working out ever since, through high school and college and beyond. I’ve taken mini breaks here and there, but never more than a month or two. I hope to be working out for the next 30 years as well!
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 11:31 AM  
wendug

Started working out to videos around 96 (Tamilee Webb, Kathy Smith aerobics) but wasn't consistent until I discovered the Firm in 98 and lifting weights! It was lifting weights that really peaked my interest and I've been working out ever since! Some years I've been better than others (5-6 times a week vs. 2-3 times a week) depending on job stress. I discovered kickboxing is my fave cardio and still love lifting weights! I hope to continue working out as long as I can!
Old 06-13-20, 11:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
This year marks the 40th anniversary of my working out consistently. Jogging? Yup. Jazzercise? Yup. VHS? Yup. NordicTrac? Yup. (Gym? Nope!)

Who else has been working out for 20 or more years?
40 years this year for me too and pretty similar yups for me too. The jogging, the jazzercise, the vhs, I did lust after a Nordic Trac for years but never caved, got an ergonomic stationary bike and manual treadmill instead. I didn't go to a gym but I did go to one of those silly Elaine Powers places with the silly exercise classes. Also went through the Firm and Tae Bo phases too.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 11:58 AM  
alisoncooks

My first workout DVDs were purchased around 2002/2003. (Slim in 6 and the Firm BSS1 -- on VHS from an infomercial).
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 12:11 PM  
bubbles76

Yes, but not at home I didn't start working out from home until 2008. But I've been working out consistently since around 2000? I was a member of a gym. Then in 2001 I joined the military. That was mostly running and going to the gym. I believe when I joined VF is when I started working out from home. When I was pregnant, it was mostly back at the gym, as there was a trainer that specialized in prenatal fitness and I went to all her classes. She always kept me in the front, to her left, to keep an eye on me. She was so sweet and encouraging and STRONG.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 12:11 PM  
Mickey12

It’s been about 35 years for me. A co-worker asked me to join a gym with her when I was in my 20’s and that was the start of it all. Over the years I have been a gym member and a home exerciser but I’ve been consistent. I have loved it all and feel very lucky to have made it without any injuries. I pretty much still have all the workouts I ever purchases. VHS have been converted to DVD. It’s been fun collecting all these years.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, first workout, first workouts, vf history