Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-20, 07:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 43 minute walk in the park on my way home from my dr.'s appointment. Between the heat and the mask, that was about all I could handle. I also did SSex Cardio Sculpt Express in the afternoon. I'm heading out for a walk shortly. I probably should have gone already but I needed some coffee first to get myself awake. I will hopefully add on later too.

Waves to all!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 12:38 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Hubby had a phone interview with Fed Ex this morning. We are hoping this leads to a job offer. He's enjoying the teaching position but this FE job is something he really wants and would be better pay and benefits.

Yesterday I tried another session of 'try the new workouts'. I tried Lumowell, some of these seem to be in Spanish so I found a English walking workout version and gave it a try. I think I've tried these before, but I didn't like it any better this time. Our 'instructor' is a computer generated female figure, well endowed and skinny. It was like following a workout led by Barbie. I think someone wrote a program and then did voice overs. not a lot of fun or anything to keep my interest.

Instead of hunting for another workout I found a Up To the Beat Fitness Pop walk to finish off the workout. New plan always pair a new workout with something I know I'll like.

SB, I'm with you guys, I'm not a big fan of eating outside. Messy, hot, buggy meals don't appeal to me. I'm a bit of a hot house flower. Hmm, how did I not know that about your DD. I know the alphabet and a few other signs but I wouldn't be much help in a conversation. Hope your appointment went well. and you have a nice walk.

Stay safe everyone!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 09:19 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, hello everyone!

Today: PK Grooves and some triceps and LB with Kelly. 18 minute swim
Yesterday: Imax 4 - Cathe. and bis with Kelly. 16 minute swim
Lately: bike ride, days of rest when it was really hot.

PP-It strikes me as a sad state of affairs when a Fed-EX job pays more than a job in education. But, hey! You've got some interesting workouts going on1

SB - Nice walks. Never heard of Ssex

Hi Terri.
Old 06-24-20, 07:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 60 minute walk in the morning and MR's My Body of Work Volume 2B in the afternoon. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.
They say the humidity is supposed to break later but we'll see. I have a repairman coming this afternoon so I have to walk this morning.

PENGUIN, I like your new plan for workouts. Fingers crossed that hubby gets a job offer from Fedex. Even though I've been signing for decades I'm still not fluent and I could never be an official interpreter for anyone else other than DD.

NORA, nice job keeping up with some workouts. Sounds like a nice mix.
Which Kelly are you using for add-ons? SSex is the abbreviated name for Slim Series Express, the shorter series that came out years after the Slim in 6 and Slim Series. It didn't go over too well with the VF crowd but I like it. It's much shorter than the original SS workouts which is a big plus for me.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 06-24-20, 03:11 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I was always interested in learning more ASL but I could never get anyone interested in learning with me. Of course now they have YT videos! I guess its okay in the end, I doubt if I could see well enough to understand anyone unless they were 'talking in my face"

Nora, I think you are right about the job pay scale, and how much we pay certain people {sports, I'm looking at you!} and teachers are buying their own supplies and in some cases have to have a second job just to make ends meet

Today I tried another newbie. Walking Music Service. Basically they show pretty scenes {I don't consider city scapes pretty, but whatever} and play peppy walking music. The same music for the entire 30m, however. I randomly found Tennessee, but most of the scenes were Nashville and the other end of the state. There was a lot of Nashville. Yawn.

then I added on a Gina B UTTBF Standing Abs.

Tonight is Date night so we are going to run errands and hopefully eat something out for a change.

I found a website called Dessert for Two where they post small batch recipes. I make a pan of brownies in a loaf pan. Serving size is half the pan at 600 cals but I made this last week and we got 8 servings. They have cookies and cakes. I thought this was a great idea for when we want something sweet but don't want a lot of it sitting around, tempting us.

Stay safe

Old 06-25-20, 07:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 54 minute walk and that was it. I forgot to log it in my journal but since it was just yesterday I was able to remember . I didn't want to start a dvd and get interrupted by the repairman. Of course he didn't come until after 3 pm so I could have done something. Oh well. Today will probably be another walk in the park since I pass the park again on my way home from my mammo. Ugh I kind of miss the lockdown when we couldn't go out and do all these things. I may add on something else later.

PENGUIN, sorry the workout was a snoozer but at least you were moving.
Thankfully Gina B saved the day. Hope date night worked out well. That's a good idea to make the small desserts. DS' gf loves to bake and then we have these huge treats sitting around staring at us all week.

Old 06-25-20, 01:52 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I'm going to look for the Dessert for Two site, because when I make a full size of something sweet, I have to freeze some of it fast, or I'll eat it all, nibble by nibble.

I came very close to doing an actual workout yesterday! Well, I got close to a shelf full of dvds and pulled a few out and tried to decide which one to do. Didn't do any of them.
Treadmill in 3 15-20 minute segments yesterday, and twice so far today. Lots of family drama with illnesses and hurt feelings. I keep telling myself not to answer the phone or read the text, but I always give in.

I'm trying to read a book I won on Goodreads, Brave Girl, Quiet Girl, and I just can't get more than a few pages read before it irritates me. I do think it's the other drama in my life that's putting me off the book, so think I have to put it aside for a while. I'm going to check out the reading thread here and see if I can find something that'll cheer me up. Any suggestions?

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 03:19 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, isn't that always the case, you think you have to hurry and then end up sitting and waiting.

Terri, I've been reading cozy mysteries lately but nothing I would recommend.

Today I did another newbie, Jenny McClendon. I did a walking workout by her once before but this time chose a UB workout followed by a cardio workout filmed in her driveway. She said at he end that she had neighbors standing around watching her. It was posted 3 months ago so it must have been the beginning of the quarantine. I enjoyed the cardio more than the UB which was a little dry. A lot of her workouts seem to be hour long beginners/seniors workouts. Um if I'm a beginner or a senior for that matter I would be very intimidated by an hour long workout. I'm a solid intermediate and still intimidated by a hour long workout.

No news on the job front but I can report that Cindy is doing fine.

Old 06-25-20, 07:01 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today: nothing.
Yesterday: 1 hour walk

SB: The kelly I used was Muscle definition, I think. Also I forgot to answer your question about the hair relaxer. I have never done it myself, but if the salons had not opened, I was ready to give it a whirl. I think you could do it yourself

PP: I'll be checking out that dessert site for sure! Glad to hear about Cindy!

Terri: Sorry about the family drama. I have had my share of that in the past with my 2 brothers, but no more! I won't engage.

Well hopefully, I do something workout-wise tomorrow.
Old 06-26-20, 08:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 56 minute walk and a few push-ups and planks after dinner. I was so tired yesterday my eyes kept closing so I took a page out of PENGUIN's book and took a nap . It did help a little. I am planning a walk today and hopefully more.

TERRI, nice job with the treadmill walking. Well at least you got to the dvd shelf and looked at a few dvds, that's progress. Baby steps. Sorry about the family drama, it's draining. I haven't done any reading in quite awhile.
If you find something good, do tell.

PENGUIN, nice job with the workout. I agree an hour long workout is intimidating. I much prefer 30 to 40 minutes and I'm intermediate also.
Good news about Cindy.

NORA, nice walk. Since I don't go anywhere too often I've just been putting my hair up in a messy bun most of the time so I guess I can wait on the hair relaxer for now. My cut and color is tomorrow so that's a start back to normalcy.