Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-20, 07:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did fit in a 54 minute walk before the showers came through and then I did MR My Body of Work Vol 1 A. I enjoyed doing some weight work with MR. It's been awhile. Now I have to do Vol 2A today. That's why I don't like splits. It seems to be less humid today so I'm planning a nice walk too.

PENGUIN, good job with the painting and yard work. You're getting a lot done.
Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was a very nice day. Not being around my friend much the past 3 months or so confirmed just how toxic our friendship is. It is time to let it fade. It's funny but I stopped ties with her about 18 years ago for 10 years or so. Then we re-connected about 6 years ago. First time shame on you, second time shame on me. I should have known better because her behavior hasn't changed in all these years.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 07:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 62 minute walk in the morning and a 30 minute after dinner walk. It was a beautiful summer day. We have some very nice weather for the next few days, sunny, dry, 70s so I'm planning on some nice walks. Hopefully I'll add on the other volume of MR to even things up.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!

Old 06-14-20, 07:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 57 minute walk and Volume 1B from MR's My Body of Work.
It was a gorgeous day and I had a really long walk planned but halfway through, my sneaker was digging into the back of my foot and scraping the skin off. It became very painful and irritating, so I had to cut my walk shorter than I planned. Oh well. It's another gorgeous day and I'm planning another walk and possibly more.

Waves to all.
Old 06-15-20, 09:24 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 55 minute walk in the morning and a 60 minute walk in the park in the afternoon with my friend from California. She's leaving Tuesday, they bought a house in NY State, so I wanted to spend some more time with her. We're supposed to get together this evening at an outdoor restaurant.
I'm having a little trouble with these outdoor gatherings but I guess I have to get used to it. The park was soooo crowded yesterday and very few people were following the mask and distancing rules. We kept ours on and we walked the perimeter of the park on the street where there were less people but still.
Not ideal. I'm also a little leery of the outdoor restaurant situation but I'll just make sure we all sit a good distance apart. My other misbehaving friend is supposed to join us at the restaurant and I know how careless and selfish she's been with distancing so I really have to sit far away from her . I do plan a walk today and possibly more.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 06-16-20, 08:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a slow rambling 80-ish minute walk in the park with 2 friends.
That was it for the day. Today I am planning a nice brisk solo walk and maybe some weight work or pilates.

Waves to all.
Old 06-16-20, 04:09 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I did a workout today, went to log it in my book and was horrified to see that the last time I did a formal workout was the 2rd!!! I spent most of last week weeding and painting but haven't done a formal workout. I was happy to see that I've at least checked in here since then.

Today I couldn't get my Apple TV to work and since Hubby started work again he is no longer here to fix it for me so I ended up randomly picking Cathe's Flex Train premix 2. Mistake! I started out fine but by the time I got about halfway though my shoulders were fried which made it hard to do the other exercises. So I skipped the rest of triceps, went on to core and stretch. I'm hoping I will be able to move my arms tomorrow!

SB, I have a friend who is a news junkie, she's always talking about all the bad things in the world, not being around her for the past few months has 'reset' me. I like to think I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I'm also very empathetic and hearing all the bad things everywhere really takes a toll on me. Realizing I need to take her in smaller doses might help me in the future. I hope your ankle/heel is better and you found another pair of sneakers to wear. I find it hard enough to get motivated to exercise I don't need my equipment sabotaging me! Unfortunately, in the end we can only control ourselves and our reactions or behaviors, Keep yourself safe!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-20, 05:32 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

My exercise regime has been very hit or miss lately. today, I did some Marcus Irwin Step. I tried to add on a 20 minute Jessica Smith upper body, but hated it and Joni O'd it. Yesterday, nada. Day before, I think that was a Rebecca Small step. I haven't walked much lately.

I haven't had my hair cut since January, and tomorrow is the big day! The person I go to near my cottage is a solo worker, so not too worried about it. I also bought my hair relaxer on Amazon when I thought I would have to do it myself, but she has agreed to let me bring it and she'll do it. Thank you!

SB- your walks are looking good, and getting longer. it's a nice time of year for walking. Still not too hot.

PP-it seems a lot of people are reconsidering friendships that seem tiring these days. I have one of those people too. I guess it's the time away from them that really highlights what we didn't miss!

On the other hand, I hope I don't get dumped by anybody I like that finds ME to be a pain in the axx!
Old 06-17-20, 09:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 60 minute walk in the morning and 60 kettlebell swings after dinner. I am planning a walk today and I really need to be more consistent with adding on to the walks, either weights or pilates. I was on a roll for awhile there so need to keep at it.

PENGUIN, nice attempt with Cathe. She's definitely tough. I think the weeding and painting do count as good movement and can replace a formal workout.
I'm glad you've been checking in here too . Yes I agree this time sheltering at home has been eye opening and I'm definitely phasing out my friend going forward. I've been wearing a bandaid to protect my heel/ankle and thicker socks but I do need to buy new sneakers I think.

NORA, nice job fitting in some workouts. I'm sure it's easy to slack off when you're at your cottage enjoying the summer. Our weather has been so perfect for walking lately but I think that's coming to an end in a couple of days.
I try so much to like Jessica's workouts but I can't seem to click with them.
Yay, good luck with your hair appt! Mine is June 27 and I'm looking forward to it but dreading it too. I think I mentioned I have to wear my mask the whole time through the washing cutting and dyeing. Every day my stylist texts me with another rule that we have to follow. I told her I hope I remember it all it's daunting. You may have told me before but what relaxer do you use on your hair? I'm always interested in frizz control in the summer. Now how could anyone find you a PITA?

Waves to all. Enjoy your day!
Old 06-17-20, 03:13 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I had trouble with my YT access again but at least I got it working this time with a little experimentation. My shoulder's are really sore so today's workout was supposed to be a nice fun walk. I forgot how much arm movements Gina B puts into her workouts {Lot more than Leslie} but at least they thawed out. I did Madonna walk and Beyonce walk. I'm old, I don't really know who Beyoncé is and I still picture Madonna as a curly hair teen from her first album. {her best I feel}. Anyway, I'm tired

Nora, I bet you will be very happy to have your haircut. I know I was. I was listening to a podcast that talked about since the quarantine we've cut so many things out of our lives, let's make sure we really want/need to introduce new things in. Be that people, jobs, commitments we could do without. The point is to re-evaluate everything before adding it back to make sure its really beneficial to us

SB, I'm glad to hear that your heel wasn't too bad that your can't walk/move.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-20, 04:12 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today, I did some Petra K. dance.

SB, the product is ISO Maintamer. Here's a link that shows it: https://www.cosmoprofbeauty.com/USA-822746.html

Yup, got my hair cut and straighted out. I'm so happy with it! Of course anything would thrill me if compared to the "before" picture.

PP-I'm not familiar with Gina B. What's the full last name?