Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-20, 08:45 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a very muggy 55 minute walk and Element Total Body Pilates with the mini ball. I really enjoyed this Element workout. It felt a little more challenging than the other one, I guess the mini ball kicks it up a notch, it makes you focus on your form a little more. Thankfully the humidity has lessened today so I am planning a walk and hopefully more. I keep wanting to get some weight work in but I'm hooked on pilates right now, which I guess is body weight work so all good.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 06:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a delightful 71 minute walk. Such a beautiful day, warm, sunny, breezy. I wish I could find a place where the weather was like that all year round. Today looks to be the same and I'm planning a walk and maybe MR? I'll see how it goes.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-09-20, 06:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 76 minute walk in the morning, part of it with DH, and a 26 minute very brisk power walk in the afternoon with DD. Beautiful day.
Today is another nice day, getting close to 90 though, so I'll have to get out and walk soon. I may add some pilates or weights later too.

Hope everyone is well, very quiet here. Come on back, guys

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-09-20, 11:20 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Sorry to leave you holding the bag, SB. But you know from past years that once I'm hunkered down at the cottage, my posting drops way off! You're keeping up with your walks really well.

I went for a bike ride this morning - about an hour
Yesterday: Gin Miller Short Circuit
Day before: one hour walk
I missed a couple of days of exercise too, somewhere in the last week.

PP - National Donut Day? who knew? Krispy Creme?
Old 06-09-20, 11:20 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, we had no idea that schools operated by the teachers signing yearly contracts so that was interesting. I talked to a friend today who is a teacher and she said that was normal. I'm glad to see what you have been able to keep up with your walks. The weather has been hot and humid here but tomorrow and the next few days are suppose to be nice.

Nice weather is good news because Hubby finished the inside of the camper and we have been priming the oak cabinets and wallpaper and then painting the cabinets a bright white. The walls will probably be aqua, but we havent' made a final decision yet. Hubby changed the lightbulbs to LED and that helped brighten it up in there. Its a big change and I keep checking out the pictures to see the difference.

We had a Knitting Ministry meeting today. The leader decided she wanted to step down in April but then covid hit and we weren't able to meet to decide anything. Someone stepped up to lead this year and coerced her friend to step up for next year. so I'm happy that it will go on.

Nora, There's a local donut place near us called Gibson's. They are literally open 24 hours a day. I'm sure they closed for Covid but I try not to look that direction and be tempted while we are passing buy. :P. I used to work in a bakery so I'm a little immune to donuts, but these were good! Glad to see that you also are keeping up with your workouts.

If painting is considered a workout that I'm good also. We ran a lot of errands today so I managed almost 7000 steps, usually even with a workout I struggle to hit 5000, so I'm good and tired.

stay well!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 08:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 64 minute walk in the morning. That was it for the day. We got over 90 degrees yesterday. Today is humid but I do plan on walking and maybe more. My friend from California is in the area on her way to NY state so she wanted to get together with another friend of ours to celebrate my birthday today. Since everything is closed I suggested we could get together for a nice distanced walk. So hopefully that works out this morning. I haven't socialized with friends since the lockdown so this will be interesting. The other friend joining us is the one who has been going all over not distancing so I told her she has to respect my boundaries.

NORA, nice job with your workouts. Thanks for stopping by. Yes I know you're MIA in the summer but it was nice to hear from you. I think our group has just gotten smaller through the years and that's fine too. I was just teasing, whenever you can check in is fine with me.

PENGUIN, my DS is a teacher and they have to sign a contract every year. It's pretty standard. Good job on painting the camper, sounds like it's coming along nicely. Nice step count too. Glad the knitting ministry is going strong too.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-10-20, 11:01 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Happy birthday, SB! I hope you have a great day and a good time with your friends. It’s your birthday, so your misbehaving friend will have to do as you want. Any other bday plans?

Today, I did Paul Katami perfect 10 and Arth-tavia step.

Pp - what are your plans for that camper? Do you have a trip in the works?
Old 06-11-20, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

My friends and I walked probably an hour and a half or so yesterday. It was a moderately paced walk because we were talking and catching up but it was very nice. I also did a 27 minute after dinner walk with my kids. Today is a cloudy muggy day and it's threatening rain so if I don't get to walk I will definitely try to do some weight work.

NORA, very nice workout! Thank you for the birthday wishes. It was very hot yesterday and my misbehaving friend asked if I minded if she didn't wear her mask during our walk because it made her uncomfortable. It makes me uncomfortable too but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Anyway, not to be a poop, I told her it was fine but I was staying 6 feet away from her while me and my other friend kept our masks on. She really is a selfish piece of work and I've been seriously re-thinking this "friendship". My DS and his gf came over for dinner. We ordered takeout from my favorite Italian restaurant and DS' gf made me an amazing white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. All in all a very nice birthday.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!!

Old 06-11-20, 10:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I hope you birthday celebration walk went as planned. Happy Birthday!

We are still painting. We are down to the last coats of paint in the ' living room' {actually holds most of the cabinets, sofa, kitchen, fridge and banquette}. The bedroom was already primed by Hubby and we are going to wait on the bathroom until we finish the LR. We picked out a cool, light aqua for the walls. We are more mountain lake people than beach people but that's the direction this is going. The floors are primed and we are thinking of painting them a sand color {light but won't show up every speck of dirt. Cindy is dark brown so we should have some contrast in the middle of the night so we don't trip over her

Hubby is going into work tomorrow but I'm hoping it won't be a full day. We did get the grocery shopping done today and ran a few errands {Non Kink hoses are worth the extra money according to Hubby }

SB, I'm glad to hear you had such a wonderful walk with your friends and

kids.

Old 06-11-20, 10:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

My computer is being weird and wouldn't let me finish my above post so I thought I'd hit 'submit' and try again. Seems to be working. Weird.

Nora, We don't have any official plans yet. I was hoping we could take a few trips before Hubby went back to work. We will probably go to a State Park near the house, in case of disaster for our first trip after the remodel so we can be rescued if we have a problem. There is a park about 30m from the house which we have camped at before so that would be a good 'test run'.

SB, I was just listening to a podcast about sometimes we 'hang' on to friendships too long because we feel its expected or the right thing to do. If you aren't enjoying this friendship it might be time to just let it fade.

The weather has been nice the past few days, Humidity under 55% and highs in the 80s, more like spring than the week before summer. In addition to painting we did some yardwork/weeding/mulching yesterday and reclaimed part of the backyard.