Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-19, 10:19 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
I have a Teeter Hangup EP-550 Inversion Table and I could never use it. Hanging upside down makes me dizzy. Hubby thought he'd use it for his bad back but it just gathers dust.

Anyone in the Spicer, MN area who would like my Teeter, I'm selling it CHEAP! Message me if interested.
Oh, I wish I had room for it!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 10:32 AM  
Vantreesta

I asked my chiropractor today if he thought one would help my issues (very damaged hip from injury, anterior pelvic tilt, some SI joint issues) and he said yes, he thought so. He did warn me to NEVER use those inversion/gravity boots bc they can cause all kinds of disc problems. He sees a guy in his 30s who blew out discs from coming up out of the inversion and has had 3 or 4 back surgeries bc of it and has some debilitation bc of it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-19, 05:40 PM  
katmom

I purchased this one a few years ago. It has about a 30 degree inversion and has a pretty small footprint. It was pretty easy to assemble. I confess I don’t use it frequently, but can’t bear to part with it because I got a good deal on it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mastercare-MI.../dp/B006X1DAMA
Old 06-12-19, 10:23 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

Inversion made me nauseous and dizzy

My orthopedist recommended an inversion table to ease my back pain by expanding the space between my vertebrae and stretching my spine to reverse the effects of gravity.

It was very, very big.

I tried it out following my doctor's instructions - a few minutes twice a day at the 10 degree mark, with my head barely below horizontal.

It made me so dizzy and nauseous I really dreaded it. The doctor told me that the veins in my neck and head would become more resilient and would resist the head rushing feeling over time. I never got used to it and it didn't help my back pain.

Before I sold it I had DH try it out, he has lower back problems. It caused him terrible heartburn, no matter what time of day he tried it (empty stomach, before a meal, at bedtime, after his GERD medicine, etc).

I think some folks are suited to inversion therapy and others aren't.

I recommend going to a sporting good store and trying one out. If you can't find one there, look for one in a gym. Or find a friend with one.

It's a bear to spend > $200 on one, assemble it (took me 9 hours to assemble mine!), set it up, have it hog up half the guest room, and then not like it.

Best of luck to you, I hope you find some relief.

Tags
inversion tables