Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-20-14, 12:33 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
So I signed up for the free trial and I did the newest addition to the 40 min workouts - the "Instructor Favorites." I liked it. It's definitely very slow paced, but my body enjoyed it. As I said, I'm struggling immensely with fatigue and thyroid issues, so this felt pretty good. I followed it up with a 10 minute glute focus and together they were just right. I'm going to give it 2 weeks and see how it goes.

Thanks again for that link neatski!
I really enjoyed that one too! The carousel horse section was really tough. It is a little slower paced than some of the others but I think Lisa is my favorite instructor of all- her cuing is amazing. It is no less hard because of the slower pace, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Thanks for posting. Can u buy any of these? I hate streaming videos.
Unfortunately, no- only available streaming.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 02:40 PM  
slysam

Interesting. I love P57, I have only done their dvds not the live classes or the streaming. I have one Barre3 dvd (Element) and I liked certain aspects of it, but found it a little easy and just didn't click with it (but I should revisit it).

Now an update in my opinion... A Barre3 studio opened in my town. It is too expensive for me to join, but the first week they had free classes. I attended a class 6 out of 7 days (couldn't even get on the waiting list for the final day). The classes were aimed at beginners, I think as it was their first week. In every class there were people new to exercise, with an existing injury, or pregnant so the instructors were always giving modifications. I think attending was worth it just to see the modifications! But they also gave more advanced options. Since I was going 6 consecutive days, I stuck with the lightest weights (1 pound!) I alternated days between easier and harder modifications. The first class made me so sore--I had sore muscles the side of my ribs (the only other workout I had that for was Squeeze Stronger). Some of the seat work reminded me of Tracy Anderson Method, and I really liked the core work. I often skip the core on P57 because I feel it is a little much. I really enjoyed the live class. They used upbeat pop music (I think the music is part of what I like about P57). I didn't feel it in, my legs as much as I do with P57, but felt more in some of the smaller muscles. Also in the classes were spent a lot of time in variations of pushups and planks--not as hard as Ballet Body Upper as most of these exercises were using the barre (though there was an option to go to the floor). I would like to try the Barre3 a streaming sometime. I was thinking of taking a monthly live class as a technique check-in of sorts.

But something about the presentation on the dvd didn't do it for me. But maybe I will like it more now that I have taken live classes?

Oh, mini results... It wasn't long enough to have an opinion. I seemed to gain a few pounds and was very hungry. But on Friday, I decided to wear a pair of jeans that I remember being a little snug in the waist. They zipped easily and felt very comfortable. I feel like I may have experienced a very slight amount of tightening up. I really expected those jeans to be uncomfortably tight--I am not even sure why I decided to wear them! I am not sure that I could credit 5 barre3 classes, but given how much I was eating and the scale weight gain I was surprised.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 02:55 PM  
PhyllisG

I also love P57 and use them often. Recently I got the 28 To Great Barre 3 workouts and did that rotation and while I liked it I still preferred P57. Now I like both. I am doing Barre3 for a second time and am enjoying it more and more. It is very different from P57 and that is a good thing. I also started doing SuzAnne Bowens Amped workouts and am enjoying them also. They are all just that much different to provide variety and keep me motivated.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-14, 05:34 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Slysam, I definitely found the live barre3 class I took to be significantly more challenging than any of the barre3 online workouts I tried. I'd love to try those two barre3 'studio' classes online that Neatski mentioned, though.

The barre3 near me is offering a free class next week if you bring in 3 non-perishable canned foods to benefit a local food bank for Thanksgiving. I'm going to try to see if I can fit it in! It would be fun to go to barre3 again. It's definitely different from the other barre studios in my area, so it's nice for a change.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre, barre 3, barre3, p57