Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-14, 08:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

They were great workouts - fond memories. The agony of waiting for the pre-orders and paying $50 for one workout... Those were the days!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 09:03 PM  
Stephanie_B

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
They were great workouts - fond memories. The agony of waiting for the pre-orders and paying $50 for one workout... Those were the days!

Carol
and waiting weeks....now I even try to download more than DVD for instant gratification.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 09:37 AM  
twinkletoes

The dork dance makes me laugh every time I see it. What were they thinking?

Anyway...I've decided to try Barre3 first and then move up to P57, since I'm still pretty new to barre and have just started doing it more often...and the QVC deal is pretty good, even though it's a waitlist item. Hopefully it'll be available again soon.
Old 03-27-14, 10:05 AM  
dianestjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I think it's all in what you are looking for. After decades of doing hard workouts, I am at the point where I don't really want to do super challenging workouts anymore.

That being said, I find Barre3 workouts more accessible than Physique 57 workouts, mainly because the Physique 57 workouts move so quickly. I often feel like I'm flaying around trying to do a move in Physique 57. A lot of that, if not all of it, I'm sure is a learning curve - no question it's steeper with Physique 57, than with Barre3.

I find Barre3 workouts relaxing and challenging at the same time. There is absolutely no dread factor for me with their workouts. If I don't feel like working to my max, I can easily dial it back with a Barre3 workout. I don't know if that's as easy to do with Physique 57.

They are both well constructed, well instructed, workouts.

Carol
+1. I find P57 quite difficult - if I get all the way through it and do all the reps it is an exceptional day for me. It bugs me that this is so cuz I've been doing barre for years and other advanced barre workouts do not challenge me that much. Also the P57 instructors grate on my nerves with their goofiness. I love Barre 3 and find all of the workouts fairly easy to get through. Sadie can be a little toooo soothing and sweet but she is quiet and a good instructor and in general I vastly prefer Barre 3.
dianestjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-14, 04:12 PM  
PrairieGem

What is SBF? I thought I was up on all the barre lingo (frex, I knew there wasn't a Barre1 )!

Sadie has a couple of full-length YouTube videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_IUHHdm7-Q), but I'm not sure I want to commit to a full set of hers. I know people like her Element Barre Conditioning DVD--but voiceovers kill me. Is there a standalone Barre3 DVD that you guys recommend?
Old 03-27-14, 04:19 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieGem View Post
What is SBF? I thought I was up on all the barre lingo (frex, I knew there wasn't a Barre1 )!

Sadie has a couple of full-length YouTube videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_IUHHdm7-Q), but I'm not sure I want to commit to a full set of hers. I know people like her Element Barre Conditioning DVD--but voiceovers kill me. Is there a standalone Barre3 DVD that you guys recommend?
SBF = Suzanne Bowen Fitness http://suzannebowenfitness.com/

You can buy any of the QVC DVDs separately: http://shop.barre3.com/.

I especially like the Total Body Blast DVD from her Prevention set: https://www.rodalestore.com/lylb/lylb-bodyblast.html.

However, if you can possibly do streaming workouts, you can access all the streaming workouts for a month for $15.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 09:34 AM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
The dork dance makes me laugh every time I see it. What were they thinking?

Anyway...I've decided to try Barre3 first and then move up to P57, since I'm still pretty new to barre and have just started doing it more often...and the QVC deal is pretty good, even though it's a waitlist item. Hopefully it'll be available again soon.
Barre3 is on backorder...and while I wait, a very generous VF'er sent me a code she received for one free P57 online workout. So I tried the P57 Prenatal workout (It's only free for 2 days and I did it for the first time this morning. I'll do it again tomorrow since I won't have it after that). Loved it! And my butt already hurts!! So of course I had to order the P57 DVDs. (But that's my LAST DVD purchase now for a very, very long time!!!)
Old 04-01-14, 09:47 AM  
Stephanie_B

Linda did you order all six? I love them!!

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 04-01-14, 09:49 AM  
twinkletoes

I did!!
Old 04-01-14, 09:53 AM  
Stephanie_B

Muhahahaha. I got some advice from Stephanie aka NuggiesAunt and did P57 V1 Classic, then V1 Express, and V2 Classic before adding in the others....I think it worked out great. I still love the Classics more than the Expresses and the Expresses more than the other two...but I love them all.

Tags
barre3, p57, physique 57, sadie lincoln