Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-02-14, 02:33 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Considering P57

After some research and watching clips, I'm strongly considering purchasing The Ultimate Physique 57 Workout Kit – 6 DVDs. I know I'm kind of late to the party, but this seems like a good set and I'm not all that fond of streaming subscriptions at the moment. I'd rather have DVDs.

So, any good reason to talk me out of it? Has anyone purchased this and wished they hadn't? And where is the best place to buy it from?
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:36 PM  
momofcha

I highly recommend buying! Not sure the best place. I know they had a sale not too long ago, maybe it's still on???

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:47 PM  
ruthular

Go for it! P57 is great, and if it's not your cup of tea you could easily trade or sell the set. Enjoy!
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:48 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Geez, the shipping is SO expensive!! Oy, if someone had a coupon code or did know about some sale, I'd be super happy, hah!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 04:03 PM  
PhyllisG

Check out amazon. I had these, sold them and bought them again. What was I thinking selling them?!! They are great. I love Tanya.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 04:21 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Physique 57 is my ALL TIME FAVORITE WORKOUT IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. I love it so so so so much. They are BY FAR my most used workouts ever.

That said, sometimes they'll do a special on QVC, but they don't have anything going right now. The QVC pricing is the best I've seen.

Really, I'm super cheap, but I'd pay full price for these again in a heartbeat. And that's saying a lot b/c I don't pay full price for anything.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 04:49 PM  
koinonia

P57 is my fitness staple. I take breaks from it to try other things ever so often, but I always return. I will never ever trade or sell my dvds, ever.

You can try buying them used on yaya's or getting them through trade, but it might take a while to acquire the entire collection. The benefit of buying the set from P57 is that you get the ball with it. I've dabbled with different barre balls in the past and the P57 ball is tops imo. I like it so much I bought a spare (listed new on yaya's) just in case the first one ever dies on me. I know I'm not helping.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 04:56 PM  
topfitmama

Physique57 is great. I traded one of the workouts away thinking I wouldn't use it, and then had to re-acquire it because I missed it!
I wish they would offer their newer workouts (streaming) as downloads or put them on DVDs.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 05:10 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Koinonia, which ball do you have? Lately they've been selling the inflatable-with-a-straw ball, vs. the more sturdy-feeling original ball. They use the original ball at the NYC studios (where it can still be bought) but used the new one at the Scarsdale studio. Either one works fine. I kind of like the original ball, but the newer one is very easy to inflate/deflate for travel, which is nice.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 05:23 PM  
koinonia

I have the original ball. I'm not aware of the other one you mentioned.
The original fits really nicely behind my leg. It's the perfect combination of size and weight. I didn't realize how cumbersome my fluidity ball was until I tried the P57 one. Plus it's chic and pretty.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p57, p57 customer service, physique 57, tanya becker