Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-01-20, 06:12 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I ordered some photo prints from Snapfish yesterday, and I saw that they were selling masks! Even better, you can get them personalized with photos!
What a great idea! I still have an account there, and will have to check it out.
Old 07-01-20, 07:09 PM  
adrien_73

I would like to purchase some masks with filter pockets, and of course some xtra filters as well. Any recommendations? There are so many sites that pop up when I do a search, and they can be pretty expensive! It's overwhelming...
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-20, 07:36 PM  
Gams

adrien, I bought the lug beaker mask 3-pk. and they are really nice. I got mine through QVC, but I’m not sure they’re still available there - they are available at luglife.com. They have the filter pockets and conform to the face really well. They have elastic ear straps that are also adjustable.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 05:56 AM  
adrien_73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
adrien, I bought the lug beaker mask 3-pk. and they are really nice. I got mine through QVC, but I’m not sure they’re still available there - they are available at luglife.com. They have the filter pockets and conform to the face really well. They have elastic ear straps that are also adjustable.
Thank you for the recommendation! They still have these on QVC, but a larger assortment of styles on their website.
adrien_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 11:50 PM  
loulou

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Hi Jeannine--the one mask I linked to is a little pointy on the bottom b/c I sewed it in there a little more to be tighter. I did sew in a wire for the nose and secured that further, which I think will help. I was using a neck gaiter as a mask before I purchased an actually mask. It worked okay but didn't stay up well, and my glasses definitely fogged with it. Also, it was too hot for summer.

I think adawn is right in that everyone's face is different; I'll probably have to keep playing around to figure out what works best. Thanks for all the feedback.

On Esty if you search for "nose wire with sticky back" you can find packages of them that are quite cheap. Not certain if I can post an Etsy link here.

I ordered some that stuck on the outside of the masks I use the most. They have survived a couple of hand washings and work well for the fogging.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 12:18 AM  
loulou

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrien_73 View Post
I would like to purchase some masks with filter pockets, and of course some xtra filters as well. Any recommendations? There are so many sites that pop up when I do a search, and they can be pretty expensive! It's overwhelming...
Read this article today. Have found the activated charcoal 2.5 filters, again on Etsy. From the article the brand could make a difference though. They do make the mask hotter.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/not-cloth...193850775.html
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 08:09 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

loulou I was thinking about buying the wires separately to stick-on. Does anyone know how well the sticky part holds up through the wash? (I have been machine washing my masks using a lingerie bag.)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 11:19 AM  
Gams

Today I got masks I ordered from Fanatics- they have a terrible chemical smell that I hope comes out in the wash. They are also too big, so I’m going to have to adjust the ear straps.

I also got masks today that I had ordered from Cuddl Clones. These are perfect! Love the soft material, adjustable ear straps and my puppy’s photo on the masks.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 12:45 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

New article about the benefits of mask-wearing:

Your Mask Cuts Own Risk by 65 Percent

https://www.ucdavis.edu/coronavirus/...0mlXD2GsgxDy7g

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-20, 01:19 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

I'm still receiving emails from Los Angeles Apparel selling things.

Here's something about cutting down on foggy glasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rpn...ature=emb_logo

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, facial covering, mask, masks