Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-20, 09:45 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
All over all the media are ideas for working out at home. Hmmm. I don’t need any ideas - been doing it for years! And I have all the equipment I need to do it! Who’s laughing now (just a little dig at everyone who has ever pooh-poohed home workouts as second rate to “real” workouts in the gym).
Exactly! I've seen sooooo many news/morning show clips on 'how to work out from home' that I just roll my eyes and think really? We've been doing it for years! So thankful for my videos, equipment, and VF!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 10:33 AM  
kristiep

I wonder what all the newcomers to home workouts will do when things are back to normal. Will they keep their stuff or sell on consignment (assuming they go back to the gym primarily)?

I was eyeing some weighted bars at Walmart and did not pull the trigger in February. Now I could kick myself because they are hard to find or the prices are way higher.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 11:34 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I am grateful for all my home gear. And of the fact that I actually know how to use (most of) it!

I'm wondering two things about folks who suddenly have to work out at home:

1.) How many injuries will there be from poor instruction or, I'll say it, plain old stupidity? We VFers know not to follow any instructor 100%. Some of the YouTube fitness videos have zero to few form pointers or safety tips.

2.) It would be funny if it turns out that some folks get in better shape doing home workouts than from going to a gym.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 12:39 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
Yep !!! Count me in as one of those that is soooooooooo happy I've always worked out from home. And I have all (and I do mean ALL) the equipment.

Long live Home workouts, VF, all my VF buds and the Good fortune and health to be able to workout at home. (and my Peloton & those buds).

Cleda
Yep, I'm grateful to have ALL the equipment and workouts I need, plus a treadmill.

Now if I could just find consistent motivation to use it all...
Old 04-30-20, 01:14 PM  
BunnyHop

And I am really glad I've stuck with dvds. Not having yet another subscription to keep up with is a relief.
Old 04-30-20, 07:26 PM  
seabliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
All over all the media are ideas for working out at home. Hmmm. I don’t need any ideas - been doing it for years! And I have all the equipment I need to do it! Who’s laughing now (just a little dig at everyone who has ever pooh-poohed home workouts as second rate to “real” workouts in the gym).
This too--we don't have to go through any transition at all--we already have access to all the instructors/workouts/systems we need, and we know proper form after having said instructors speaking in our ear all these years, lol. I love that. Workouts are one of the main things that help me maintain psychologically during this time, and our workout routines remain undisturbed for us by this huge issue that seems to disturb everything else in our lives.
Old 04-30-20, 07:47 PM  
JeepGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Sooo happy for my equipment, my videos (DVD and online), and my space! I have such a comfortable space already arranged just how I like it! I am grateful.
Agreed. I love having my dedicated workout room, loads of equipment and DVD’s. I feel so lucky!!!
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 07:52 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabliss View Post
This too--we don't have to go through any transition at all--we already have access to all the instructors/workouts/systems we need, and we know proper form after having said instructors speaking in our ear all these years, lol. I love that. Workouts are one of the main things that help me maintain psychologically during this time, and our workout routines remain undisturbed for us by this huge issue that seems to disturb everything else in our lives.

I'm so glad I have weights, they are cleaned out at all the stores around here! I keep seeing facebook posts from people asking if anyone has them for sale.

I did have trouble with my bands/mini-bands all snapping due to age/heat and wish I could buy some more soon but I don't miss them tooooo much. I'm glad I have my gliding discs and kettlebells too!

And yes, definitely glad I have already have workouts that I know and like so it's not a disruption, it's business as usual on the workout front.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 06:45 AM  
clerkin11

I've spent 30 years slowly building up my home fitness equipment and I'm SO happy I did.
I have a Firm barbell, several sets of dumbbells, a step with 3 risers on each side, tons of bands, a couple of big exercise balls, a pilates ball, a pilates ring, a few yoga mats, a jumpsport rebounder, an exercise bike (that I never use) and we just got a punching bag for Christmas. And a ton of dvd's
I didn't get it all at once of course, and my husband doesn't love how I have some of it around the living room displayed with pride, but it makes me so happy!!!!
I feel bad for my work friends who are trying to put together home gyms now, all at once.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 06:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yes!
One of my friends was telling me how glad she was that the gym opened again...until she tried to do CrossFit with a mask on. She said she nearly passed out.

She's back to doing YouTube dance videos she says trying to wait out the mask requirement.

I am very grateful I have been building my gym at home all these years

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, home workout revolution