Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-20, 04:29 PM  
alisoncooks

Lifeboard portable yoga floor?

I found one small thread about this product but I figured I'd ask. http://www.getlifeboard.com

Our new carpet is just sooo fluffy, lol. I've solved the wobbly elliptical dilemma but I just tried yoga for the first time since having it installed....yikes. It was awful. That led me to some google-fu and finding the Lifeboard.

Anyone have any thoughts to share?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 05:15 PM  
diggerholliday

This looks very interesting and useful. I have also recently had to start practicing in a carpeted room and noticed my wrists aching and balancing poses being harder. This is what I had been thinking of doing, especially with all the extra time on my hands.

https://youtu.be/iLmD_8mamMo
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 05:34 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
This looks very interesting and useful. I have also recently had to start practicing in a carpeted room and noticed my wrists aching and balancing poses being harder. This is what I had been thinking of doing, especially with all the extra time on my hands.

https://youtu.be/iLmD_8mamMo
I watched that. It does look good -- but I workout in the middle of the living room, so I need something portable.
Old 03-30-20, 06:27 PM  
katmom

I have Lifeboard and love it! That said, I do not take it out of my fitness room. It is easy to set up and not heavy but is bulky.
Old 03-30-20, 06:52 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
I have Lifeboard and love it! That said, I do not take it out of my fitness room. It is easy to set up and not heavy but is bulky.
Thanks for chiming in! Yeah, it looks bulky/awkward, lol. But I'm glad to hear it's easy to set up. I'd just have to figure where to store it...

DH wanted to figure a way I could just use plywood! I was like...that would
be so heavy and difficult to move.
Old 03-30-20, 09:03 PM  
katmom

I keep it propped against the wall in my fitness room behind the “cat tree”. I have a room size rug in the fitness room and used to roll it out of the way before rolling out my mat. Lifeboard takes less time and is less stressful than my OCD about getting the rug back in place.
Old 03-31-20, 07:30 AM  
alisoncooks

I've ordered and it on its way to me! Funny thing, with Amazon's crazy shipping right now, I could have FREE economy shipping (eta 4/3-4/8) or pay $20 for standard shipping (eta 4/3-4/8).

*snort* I went with the free, lol.
Old 03-31-20, 08:57 AM  
SpiritYogi

Funny you should post this now. I have been practicing yoga at home more (I usually only practice at home on the weekends) and have noticed how frustrating it is to do it on my plush carpet. It's not only hard(er) to balance but my mat moves all over the place.

I can't afford the wonderful contraption discussed, but have been thinking of using puzzle mats. Anyone had success with using those for yoga on a plush carpet with the mat on top?
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-20, 05:30 PM  
katmom

I don’t have any experience with puzzle mats so I can’t say if it would provide enough firmness to simulate a yoga mat on a hard wood floor.
Old 03-31-20, 06:13 PM  
alisoncooks

I would think the puzzle mats would not connect firmly/solidly enough to resist separating during a workout. I've never tried it -- I did consider it as an option when I was researching, though. I also looked at portable dance floors/squares. Some of those were potentials, but ultimately I just went the "easiest" route.

Tags
lifeboard