Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-08-20, 08:58 AM  
marki64

I look at it similar to Cathe. They have their fan base and that is what they listen to. I have only made 1 negative comment. I commented on Sydney's workout when she had her Fiancee workout with her. He was a total wimp and could barely finish a weight set. It really took away from a good workout. He has no personality either. I just said, he needs to use lighter weights. Her fan base loves him, well, those were the comments. I doubt they liked him in the video. I really don't know how.

All that being said, I appreciate the free daily workouts and I don't like to be negative. I only post raves when I really like a workout. If I don't like it, I just don't do that particular workout again. I didn't pay for it, so not worth commenting.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:52 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
Yes, form is a huge turn off for me
I agree, and not YouTube related but Cathe Live. I think I have learned SO much about good form from Cathe DVDs that it shocks me to see some of the uncorrected bad form in her Live classes. Why she doesn't go around and give form pointers? I just don't get it.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 03:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I agree, and not YouTube related but Cathe Live. I think I have learned SO much about good form from Cathe DVDs that it shocks me to see some of the uncorrected bad form in her Live classes. Why she doesn't go around and give form pointers? I just don't get it.
She might do this in classes that aren't filmed, at least that's what I hope. It would be tricky to improvise a whole lot in the live on air classes. I do see her do a walk around occasionally, but I also heard her say it's really difficult to walk around and keep track of where she is in the workout. So I understand why she doesn't give a lot of form pointers directly to participants in the Live classes. Since I know that I don't ever look to them for form.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 08:43 PM  
marki64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I couldn't imagine she would be able to correct form in a large class, but I do attribute my good form to Cathe. I really learned the importance of slow and controlled movements. I just see YT instructors dropping their arms and swinging weights ALOT.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 06:20 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Yeah, I agree that the filming is likely why she isn't correcting. And the majority of her regulars have excellent form. There are just a couple that stick out to me and I find them quite distracting. Still love Cathe Live though.
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 06:33 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Speaking of background exercisers, I streamed Ellen’s new Dynamic Cardio yesterday and was really distracted by the poor background exerciser who just couldn’t follow her. She was really struggling to follow even the simplest choreography (I’m talking moves like step-kick and even just marching on the right foot.).

My constructive criticism to Ellen would be to please rehearse enough so your background exercisers know the routine and don’t look like they’ve never seen it before, or use someone experienced enough not to need a lot of rehearsal. (The choreography is so simple that she might have felt rehearsal wasn’t necessary.)
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 08:20 AM  
jackie7

Cathe has spoiled us all. I never realized how amazing her cueing is until I started working out with other instructors. Her form is impeccable.
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 01:52 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

Constructive = that which builds

If you have something truly constructive to say, in regards to content people make available, then you can privately mail them. But I would advise only doing. so if you think it important.

My constructive criticism to the original post is that you are trying to get these YT providers to create video content that doesn't annoy you.
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
youtube instructors, youtube workouts